Page 236 of 236 FirstFirst ... 136 186 211 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236
Results 4,701 to 4,717 of 4717

Thread: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 4 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

High Fist's Avatar Pili Posterior

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 4 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    -Strong Belwas
    -Victarion
    Good additions actually. Forgot about Victarion, he's an interesting character.
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish what you sta-

Killerbee's Avatar Valar Morghulis

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 4 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Victarion almost had his ass kicked by some 16-year old nameless punk just because the kid wielded a sword and shield, and on top of that he seems to have to wit of an ant.

Greyjoys plunder fishing villages and beat up their wives, that's not the kind of stuff great warriors are made of

Stavroforos's Avatar Legatus Legionis

Brienne is definitely a candidate for best swordfighter, at least as far as that list is concerned. I think even Loras should be on that list, as Jaime definitely see potential and skill in him.
    -ΠΑΣ ΜΗ ΕΛΛΗΝ ΒΑΡΒΑΡΟΣ-

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

Well remember loras in a rage after renly died killed like three of the kings guard who probably not in the league of anyone else near the top were still good fighters obviously. I dunno how though considering in the book he's described pretty much just like the show actor small and skinny so maybe if he packed on some muscle he'd be better than Jaime ever was.

And yeah victarion picks on vastly outnumbered trade ships and a couple pisswater war galleys. If you take eddard out you definitely can't put victarion in.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

stavrosole's Avatar Signifer

So should Prince Rhaegar Targaryen... even though Robert hammered him
    The Restoration of the Comnenoi, a M2TW AAR as the Byzantine/Eastern Roman/ Roman Empire
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...(Vanilla-M2TW)
    Byzantium AAR with Vanilla Medieval 2 Total War

Cold_Mac's Avatar Princeps

If I recall correctly Rhaegar wasn't battle-experienced/proven and got most admiration from his joust-victories over Arthur Dayne & Selmy? Robert at least got experience from Summerhall, although wounded. Most experienced has to be Khal Drogo though.

I always had the impression that Robert had the best overall combination of muscle & skill out of all fighters. Although Jamie cutting down the Stark-men during his capture seems to be the highest body count.
    A diabolo, qui est simia dei - The Sopranos.

Captain Jin's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee View Post
    Victarion almost had his ass kicked by some 16-year old nameless punk just because the kid wielded a sword and shield, and on top of that he seems to have to wit of an ant.

Greyjoys plunder fishing villages and beat up their wives, that's not the kind of stuff great warriors are made of
    I agree. I don't like the Greyjoys at all. I can't stand Victarion. I'm not a fan of religion in the real world. It's almost as annoying reading about it in a book when dude is just running his mouth all the time about the Drowned God and all that bs. ing annoying.

Guys, guys, guys. We're getting ahead of ourselves. Obviously Meryn Trant is the best fighter of Westeros.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar Sagittarius

No, according to the show it's Hodor.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back. (IF YOU LEAVE YOUR NAME!)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrZanyGaming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Strider View Post
    Oh, and this is false. As a white person, I can say that it's not possible to be racist to a white person.
    Congratulations, you just lowered my IQ by 10 points.

Definitly. Bran's deus ex machina. Would go 1 vs 1 with a giant.

Reminds of the cop out of the possibly-brillant tunnel fight...at least Mag the Mighty got a mention.

RedGuard's Avatar Pili Posterior

Coldhands would be pretty redundant at this point. Hodor can take on anything. He can even snap a mans neck with one hand. We need to start debating whos stronger, the mountain or hodor.

stavrosole's Avatar Signifer

after Tyrion's second trial by combat we know the answer...or do we?
    The Restoration of the Comnenoi, a M2TW AAR as the Byzantine/Eastern Roman/ Roman Empire
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...(Vanilla-M2TW)
    Byzantium AAR with Vanilla Medieval 2 Total War

Vexillifer

Default Re: ggggTotalWar, I thought we were over this? But if you insist, ROUND 2 OF JOFFREY'S FATHERHOOD!

What's all this yacker about Victarion being the best fighter alive in present Westeros? I thought we were only counting the portrayals of characters as they appear in the show, and Victarion has yet to appear.

So long as we are counting book portrayals, I am throwing my lot in and voting for Lancel Lannister, who although being a worse fighter than Jimmy "Two-hands" Lannister (or was that just less handsome? Fightingskills and handsomity go hand in hand), Jimmy Twohands is no more as he is now known as the less competent "Jimmy Goldhand".
    Lancel did (off the record) defeat Robert Baratheon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Mac View Post
    Nobody disputes that the Mountain is the best single fighter alive in present Westeros.

I'd say his decisions & actions are, almost all, of rather infamous nature.
    I disputed it back when I said that Brianne would totally beat him in a fight cause she beat ser Loras.
    Then up until episode ten the lot of you book readers disputed that the Mountain was the best fighter alive in Westeros by insisting that the Mountain died from Oberyn's poison.
    And in the past two pages since your post there has been a dispute on who is the strongest character alive in Westeros
    Quote Originally Posted by High Fist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Army Cheese
    But if it wasn't the Lannisters who did that, and it was infact Lord Baelish, (1) then why did he do it? and did he know of the incest? (2) If yes, then how did he find out about it? (3) It isn't like him to cover up dirty Lannister secrets, secrets that could distablize the people's trust in the Lannister household.
    1) To later on marry Lyanna and "usurp" Jon Arryn's position as lord of the Vale. He's effectively regent of the Vale atm. He loves power.
    2) He has many spies and he's also quite intelligent. To most intelligent people it is clear that Cersei's children are not Robert's children.
    3) He worked for the Lannisters, even though he had betrayal in mind. What kind of idiot would he be to start denouncing the King and his siblings as incestuous bastards when a) he's working for them and b) he has nothing to gain from it apart from a knife across the throat.

Baelish is many things but he's not an idiot.
    If Baelish is not an idiot, and the hypothetical situation (which you seem to be suggesting that happens) where Baelish subtly hints to Jon Arryn that Joffrey is not what his father claims him to be counts as "denouncing the King and his siblings as incestuous bastards".
    I don't even... whut?

Like, I know that I shouldn't simply do the whole conviction by contradiction thing, but I just don't know how to form an argument.

Default Re: ggggTotalWar, I thought we were over this? But if you insist, ROUND 2 OF JOFFREY'S FATHERHOOD!

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Army Cheese View Post
    I disputed it back when I said that Brianne would totally beat him in a fight cause she beat ser Loras.
    There was a debate if she had a chance.
    Then up until episode ten the lot of you book readers disputed that the Mountain was the best fighter alive in Westeros by insisting that the Mountain died from Oberyn's poison.
    Because he's evidently not the best fighter. Oberyn outclassed him, as would have Arthur Dayne, Jamie Lannister or even Qhorin Halfhand. His superhuman strength, height & speed make him invincible in a duell though.
    And in the past two pages since your post there has been a dispute on who is the strongest character alive in Westeros
    No. Who's the best fighter overall.

Killerbee's Avatar Valar Morghulis

Oh yeah, Qhorin is definitely a good candidate as well. With just 1 hand he was the nightmare of every wildling, and Jon admitted that Qhorin could've easily kicked Jon's ass, even with help of Ghost (who on his own is already capable enough of killing someone). Now Jon's definitely not the best fighter but he does have a Valyrian Steel sword

then why did he do it? and did he know of the incest?
    I'm sure if Eddard could figure it out, Littlefinger (and Varys as well probably) would've managed to figure it out as well. Littlefinger also obviously knows of the bastards so that's another good indication

All of Westeros knows about the bastards. Varys without a doubt knew.

@Swiss, I wasn't suggesting anything other than Baelish not being an idiot.
    Last edited by High Fist; July 13, 2014 at 07:06 PM.

Kyriakos's Avatar Princeps

The Exit at the Last Circle.

Thread Information