Thread: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 8 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 4 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Quentyn isn't really important. All he does is let Daenerys know she may yet have friends in Westeros.

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 4 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Yeah that's why I figured he's cut. I mean he's not important but he could have been in there just to show Dany losing control of those dragons.

Besides her entire storyline, I also wanna see Arianne's tits

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

People are over-reacting. I mean personally i thought it was overkill faithful-to-the-books wise to even include Ned Stark.
    Tyrion didn't really have to be in the series either, who cares.
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Germanico View Post
    How is she not important given how many pov chapters she has and the previews of TWOW?She is not Damphair, which serves only to present a society, entire storylines move because of her.What other characters important as Arianne have been cut?There is still time for more Greyjoys and Griffs anyway.
    You said in your own post how they can easily replace her role. The only real importance I can see to her is her being a potential suitor for someone.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyaoth View Post
    You said in your own post how they can easily replace her role. The only real importance I can see to her is her being a potential suitor for someone.

No, I meant that Arianne's story is of fundmental importance and if she is out it means Trystane will completely replace her.

Trystane is of no consequence (small child, 3rd son) in the books, now he is going to do everything Arianne does.Basically they wanted a romantic affair between an aged up Myrcella and so dropped/transformed a female character into a male.This doesn't sound like a good idea and it seems to me quite unnecessary.

Considering Dorne will have 5 new characters + Ellaria they obviously could have kept Arianne, which is pratically the only woman beside Danny that can actually aspire to power; the thematic importance of her and Dorne also added a lot to the series.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    My theory: Trystane and Myrcella get in a romantic relationship he convinces her to attempt the coup, it fails and Myrcella gets scarred, drama, Trystane and Myrcella are seperated, Doran forces Trystane to seek Danny, more drama, Trystane dies, everything Arianne does in the last books is done by a healty Doran who is now without heir and only cares about vengeance making a possible marriage with YG moot.

So we will have another tragic love story.
    Last edited by Caesar Germanico; July 27, 2014 at 11:25 AM.

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Germanico View Post
    No, I meant that Arianne's story is of fundmental importance and if she is out it means Trystane will completely replace her.

Trystane is of no consequence (small child, 3rd son) in the books, now he is going to do everything Arianne does.Basically they wanted a romantic affair between an aged up Myrcella and so dropped/transformed a female character into a male.This doesn't sound like a good idea and it seems to me quite unnecessary.

Considering Dorne will have 5 new characters + Ellaria though they obviously could have kept Arianne, which is pratically the only woman beside Danny that can actually aspire to power; the thematic importance of her and Dorne also added a lot to the series.

not to mention it pretty much screws up dornes entire plan to place Dornish law onto westeros should they gain the iron throne. Trying to put myrcella on the throne will kind of be pointless without Arianne and I'm wonder what the point of the dorne storyline will be now.

edit: realized there were some spoilers
    Last edited by RedGuard; July 27, 2014 at 11:45 AM.

Another love-story which isn't in the actual books?
    Can't they just stick to the few they already have? I mean they can always use even castrated people for that by now :\
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    Another love-story which isn't in the actual books?
    Can't they just stick to the few they already have? I mean they can always use even castrated people for that by now :\
    The fact is that the books have very little of that kind of stuff, it's not an important theme.It's possible to do whatever story imagined with x number of romantic clichè love stories, might even be a good story but it's not ASOIAF.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuard View Post
    not to mention it pretty much screws up dornes entire plan to place Dornish law onto westeros should they gain the iron throne. Trying to put myrcella on the throne will kind of be pointless without Arianne and I'm wonder what the point of the dorne storyline will be now.

edit: realized there were some spoilers

Indeed it would make little sense.
    Last edited by Caesar Germanico; July 27, 2014 at 12:29 PM.

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

I just really don't see as yet any huge importance to her herself. They've changed so much already elsewhere I just don't understand why there's so much annoyance over her. The sand snakes can easily push the same story through just with revenge being the only motivation.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

But what about her big dark nipples

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Well, there goes my interest for Dorne.

Alas, more coverage of the Wall & Essos!

Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

Come to think of it I think Areo Hotah will be the only black cast member. Unless I'm forgetting someone.

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jin View Post
    Come to think of it I think Areo Hotah will be the only black cast member. Unless I'm forgetting someone.
    saalador Saan. and if you count missandei and Greyworm. theres also Xaro Xoan Daxos but hes dead.

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuard View Post
    saalador Saan. and if you count missandei and Greyworm. theres also Xaro Xoan Daxos but hes dead.
    The X-man ain't dead, he is safe inside Qarth.
    Also I really wouldn't count Missandei, I get that her depiction in the show may be different to what she is like in the books, but that priestess of R'lor is definitely not black. She is the biggest 'ranger in the entire show.
    Last edited by Swiss Army Cheese; July 28, 2014 at 04:01 AM. Reason: Added opinion on [s]Melisandre[/s] Missandei not being black.

Edit your mistake in your edit, naming a different hot woman

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Missandei is Danys handmaiden. That other Melisandre or something is the priest/slut

Melisandre is the Red hot Woman.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Who is also a slut.

Stavros_Kalmpou's Avatar Senator

and also gives birth to shadows
    For the Sake of Love
    Aristeia Total War AAR as the Trojans. Join in and watch as the Greatest war in history of man begins, a war For the Sake of Love