Thread: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 8 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 4 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

If they do have that happen, screw this show.

Campidoctor

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 4 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Come on you guys, they didn't cast Chekhov's kid for no reason.

Stavros_Kalmpou's Avatar Senator

they change many things, but I think it will be something like this :
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    John will be cutting wildlings in half while Ygritte fires at NW, when they have eye contact. Then a crow will charge her and fatally wound her. John will come down and she will die in his hands.
    For the Sake of Love
    Aristeia Total War AAR as the Trojans. Join in and watch as the Greatest war in history of man begins, a war For the Sake of Love

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuard View Post
    I can see in the next episode Major plot spoiler:

Stannis killing Ygritte or some stupid just to make him more of a villian. I hope they stick to the books in this battle and don't change a thing.
    I am certain the little kid will kill her, there must be a reason for having him around still.

Claudius Gothicus's Avatar Petit Burgués

I think the whole set up for the ninth episode is making it quite obvious: the little kid whose dad was killed by Ygritte is going to deliver a killing blow (shot?), that'll give Jon time to share a last, touching and somewhat reconciling moment with her. The tragic-yet-righteous nature of his character will be further deepened by it.

Under the Patronage of
    Maximinus Thrax

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Claudius Gothicus View Post
    I think the whole set up for the ninth episode is making it quite obvious: the little kid whose dad was killed by Ygritte is going to deliver a killing blow (shot?), that'll give Jon time to share a last, touching and somewhat reconciling moment with her. The tragic-yet-righteous nature of his character will be further deepened by it.
    Its possible that kid might just kill the Magnar (or the cannibal leader dude, whatever hes called in the show)

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

It's also possible that the kid will get spitted on a ing stick.
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuard View Post
    Its possible that kid might just kill the Magnar (or the cannibal leader dude, whatever hes called in the show)
    Nah I'm certain that Jon will kill the Magnar by stabbing him through the gut while the Magnar sadistically stares at him in defiance.

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos View Post
    Nah I'm certain that Jon will kill the Magnar by stabbing him through the gut while the Magnar sadistically stares at him in defiance.
    yeah probably lol. with all the interesting deaths there are in the series they have them die very cliche on the show.

After having watched the last episode several times, I 've made my peace with Oberyn's death and Jorah getting the boot.
    "Blessed is he who learns how to engage in inquiry, with no impulse to hurt his countrymen or to pursue wrongful actions, but perceives the order of the immortal and ageless nature, how it is structured."
    Euripides

"This is the disease of curiosity. It is this which drives to try and discover the secrets of nature, those secrets which are beyond our understanding, which avails us nothing and which man should not wish to learn."
    Augustine

Pop

Not sure I've ever seen a page with almost no posts without spoiler tags. . .
    Son of PW

Well... people were right about the kid.

As far as killing of characters goes... well it certainly pisses me off when they kill characters in the series they didn't kill in the book. Wtf!

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

I liked the battle but what the . Did they kill off Thorne? Why'd the have to kill Grenn?

Also when the hell
    does Stannis arrive? it's been a few years but doesn't he come during the battle and rout the wildlings by attacking from the rear? How are they going to fit that in next week?

And why is it that a show with no commercials is getting a runtime of less than 50 minutes? They could fit so much more story if the show wasn't starting at 9:04 and ending at 9:53. Seriously, WTF HBO?
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Soothsayer's Avatar Campidoctor

That episode sucked. I want STANNIS STANNIS STANNIS not Jon Snu ing grabbing on to his dieing wildgirl while his friend get their ass kicked. IN SUCKS.
    Last edited by Darth Red; June 09, 2014 at 08:31 AM.
    I WON THIS BATTLE!

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Yeah what they've done to Stannis in the series is by far my biggest complaint. His portrayal and role has been changed and warped to be completely negative almost every time, when he basically becomes a hero by this point. I just can't stand every change they make to his story.

Basically I spent the whole episode getting amped for his appearance and once I realized it wasn't happening I felt a severe letdown, made even worse by the fact the show is lasting 10 minutes less than it should be every week.
    Last edited by ggggtotalwarrior; June 08, 2014 at 09:15 PM.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Stannis doesn't come till later. Remember in the books Jon is sent on an assassination mission/suicide mission to kill Mance. Seems like they changed it a bit for the show from what I remember. When he's in the tent getting ready to do the deed is when Stannis' army shows up. And as far Jon clutching a dying Ygritte that was definitely from the book. Although he found her dying from an arrow wound after the battle not during it. Still, I don't know why in the hell they killed Grenn and Pyp. In the book both of them survived. So that's really frustrating.

Claudius Gothicus's Avatar Petit Burgués

I've noticed some massive ranting by the Kingsmen... well, take it easy lads, I somewhat like Stan the Man and I'm pretty sure hos knights will show up next week, even if the moment ends up being "brief" the charge itself was shown in the season trailer for god's sake

Under the Patronage of
    Maximinus Thrax

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

Awful episode. For one I'm sure if you counted the dead they've killed the night's watch three or four times over this episode. Obviously wouldn't be a problem if they weren't constantly saying there's only one hundred left. Also wtf kill off grenn and pip and thorne? And then that basically jon is uber undefeatable warrior. There's no growth to his character at all possible.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Awful might be a bit much lol.