Thread: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 8 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 4 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

It's not the waiting per se that's bad, it's the dreadful discussions that arise in the meantime

Akhenaton's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 4 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee View Post
    It's not the waiting per se that's bad, it's the dreadful discussions that arise in the meantime
    I agree, letīs get back to some sophisticated Lore Discussion

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Jon + Daeny = Love

Half the world will see GoT tonight, the other half tommorrow...

sabaku_no_gaara's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Akhenaton View Post

Jon + Daeny = Love

Half the world will see GoT tonight, the other half tommorrow...

You'd think tv stations worldwide would make an effort to be able to broadcast at arround the same time with the internet and peoples impatience.

I read an interview lately where a leading tv service discussed the problem of "being behind on the us" with shows. Telenet (subscription based digital tv) tries to air it's shows (vikings, black sails, game of thrones etc.. etc..) as soon as possible, they are usually only 1 episode behind, 1 week after airtime in the us, they air it here, and they complain that people simply don't have the patience to wait that single week in many cases.

Cable networks are in even bigger trouble due to this, they are usually an entire season behind, and they have commercial breaks meaning they are losing viewers, making it harder for them to ask high fees for airing commercials.

All of this is in light of the fact that Netflix is coming to Belgium. The fear is that Netflix will be cheaper, and will be able to air everything, immediately

Well I think Netfix is the future of tv. Nobody wants to put up with all those problems you mentioned anymore when everything's available in the internet for free. I barely watch tv anymore, but when I do I just can't get over how bad everything is : the constant ads, the quality of the shows themselves, the movies (is there anyone on this earth who hasn't seen the Last Samurai by now ?), ...

sabaku_no_gaara's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

I keep my subscription on prime (from telenet which I mentioned) for ordering a movie occasionally (it's free for those with a subscription) and the live football (soccer for you Americans) Have to be able to watch Anderlecht's away games since I only go to home games.

If they ever lose their football (the rights have been bought by an Italian media group) I'm probably cancelling

Quote Originally Posted by Akhenaton View Post

Jon + Daeny = Love
    Book spoiler ahead...

Nah. Too predictable for GRRM. He is twisted enough to give us Aegon+Danaerys couple. And THAT will be as close to happyend as ASOIAF will ever get.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee View Post
    Well I think Netfix is the future of tv. Nobody wants to put up with all those problems you mentioned anymore when everything's available in the internet for free. I barely watch tv anymore, but when I do I just can't get over how bad everything is : the constant ads, the quality of the shows themselves, the movies (is there anyone on this earth who hasn't seen the Last Samurai by now ?), ...
    I think netflix style tv is the future, but I hope there's more than them because we could be in a monopoly like current internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Book spoiler ahead...

Nah. Too predictable for GRRM. He is twisted enough to give us Aegon+Danaerys couple. And THAT will be as close to happyend as ASOIAF will ever get.
    If John is a Targyreon then he'll probably bring that in and then marry them anyway later on

Akhenaton's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Book spoiler ahead...

Ahh, but you see of course people would be suspicious. "We wonīt fall for it his time, GRRM!" they would think, but no, he would let them be , let them win and people would first be doubtful, then hopeful
    ,then believe.They would be so close, so close to get their deserved happy ending, finally after all the hardship they had to endure there would be peace. BUMM, GRRM strikes!

Fans would burn him alive, but it would be totally worth it

I think I need to see the next episode....

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

Netflix tv will wind up just as as any other TV with ask the same commercials and other , just cutting out schedules for release dates instead because I see no reason for predetermined schedules anymore. Although they may do that too since it's how they sucker people into mediocre new shows.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Moreover Lannisters killed Sean bean (Stark), Gondor's favourite son.
    OK, that was genuinely hysterical! Rep.

Wow, they actually did it well. Probably my favorite episode in the series now.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Ding dong the King is dead! The King is dead, the King is dead. Ding dong the King is really dead!

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Moreover Lannisters killed Sean bean (Stark), Gondor's favourite son.
    So lannisters = Uruk hai of Isengard?

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Damn. Missed the new episode due to a family reunion. Hope I have time to watch tomorrow. I read the books so I know what happened. Can't wait to see my uncle's reaction. It'll be RW 2.0, but he'll be happy, as he's always saying "That little er needs to die!"
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Interesting. So the dragon above King's Landing in the trailer IS a Bran-vision. Bran also sees the same destroyed throne room that Dany saw, so it's pretty clear King's Landing is going to be destroyed by one of the dragons, I expect the unknown caches of wildfire to multiply the destruction. Only question for me is, is Dany on that dragon, or is it one that the
    Ironborn take?

The dragon flying over didn't look like it was winter, I'm assuming it's either way in the future or back in the way past.

Senator

An excellent adaptation of the Tyrion Chapter. And now the audience have Ramsay to hate. Was it me or was Roose feeling a bummed after seeing Theon?

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Fate of Joffery - . [I am annoyed my old fashion - dates me - smiley is auto replaced with an emoticon, if I had a crossbow or a small rapier I would be out for blood]

I will be sad however It was truly a coup of the show to find a young actor who could play such an incredible ass hat so effectively every single moment he was in front of the camera

--------------------

@Tankbustaz

An excellent adaptation of the Tyrion Chapter. And now the audience have Ramsay to hate. Was it me or was Roose feeling a bummed after seeing Theon?
    I thought they were trying to capture the tension between Roose who wants to rule and knows he needs 'stability' and at least some nod to the sort of idealistic North of Ned vs his bastard who cares not at all for keeping up appearances - but that comes out a bit later in the books
    Last edited by conon394; April 14, 2014 at 02:52 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post

--------------------

@Tankbustaz

I thought they were trying to capture the tension between Roose who wants to rule and knows he needs 'stability' and at least some nod to the sort of idealistic North of Ned vs his bastard who cares not at all for keeping up appearances - but that comes out a bit later in the books
    In the books Roose doesn't give a about Reek but here he seems genuinely glum about Theon's fate.

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

Episode 2 was middling. Not as good as the first one.