Thread: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 8 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 4 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

Quote Originally Posted by Akhenaton View Post

0:27

Seems to me the mountain goes into battle with helmet on.Perhaps he just gets it knocked off later?
    The comments on if Oberyn is wearing high heels, that“s ridiculous.
    he must get it knocked off somehow, or he takes it off when he gets annoyed:

Default Re: Game of Thrones: TV Series - Season 4 (Book spoilers in tags with warning)

I don't see why Oberyn, or anyone facing a person whose nickname is the Mountain, would wear a helmet. In fact, no armor is better. Agility is all you can use against such an opponent and armor would undermine that. Anything you wear should only have the purpose of distraction.
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuard View Post
    Watching this gif over and over again just ruined this move for me and it won't be the same when he does it when the show airs.

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    I don't see why Oberyn, or anyone facing a person whose nickname is the Mountain, would wear a helmet. In fact, no armor is better. Agility is all you can use against such an opponent and armor would undermine that. Anything you wear should only have the purpose of distraction.
    I was talking about the mountain who should be armored from head to toe. Oberyn would do well to remain light

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    Watching this gif over and over again just ruined this move for me and it won't be the same when he does it when the show airs.
    hopefully the moves will get far better than this lol

Akhenaton's Avatar Decanus

found this gem on 9gag

on a sidenote, shouldn“t the mountain wear a shiel like here

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Maybe that was too heavy for the actor though...

there is also this cool piece of fan art

hmm I wonder, wouldn“t it be a cool mod idea to create Westerosi Coat of arms for the units in Shogun like in the picture above?
    Last edited by Akhenaton; June 01, 2014 at 11:04 AM.

Why does the Mountain use an arming sword without a shield? Besides, is he really left-handed?
    "Blessed is he who learns how to engage in inquiry, with no impulse to hurt his countrymen or to pursue wrongful actions, but perceives the order of the immortal and ageless nature, how it is structured."
    Euripides

"This is the disease of curiosity. It is this which drives to try and discover the secrets of nature, those secrets which are beyond our understanding, which avails us nothing and which man should not wish to learn."
    Augustine

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

on a sidenote, shouldn“t the mountain wear a shiel like here
    It really comes down to what they have budget and CGI for... Theoretically they a need a huge man and one who is still quick in full plate and with a huge sword and shield. Obviously the Mountain of the books is a bit of fantasy. They could use fake armor and such to get to the same effect but than the fight planning has to very careful such that it does not look fake. I assume they they put down a little ground work already with Aryra failure to even annoy the Hound even with a thrust and quality a steel sword vs somewhat haphazard 'plate'.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Akhenaton's Avatar Decanus

^I assumed similiar reasons. Besides, regardless how big you are I guess you still need to learn how to move properly in heavy armor while using a twohander and shield. So no shield makes it simpler.

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

I'd say Oberyn knocks the helmet off the Mountain's head. Sounds dramatic.

I'm looking at Clegane's armour and I don't know how I feel about it. The 'skirt' seems a bit much.
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches

Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by High Fist View Post
    I'd say Oberyn knocks the helmet off the Mountain's head. Sounds dramatic.

I'm looking at Clegane's armour and I don't know how I feel about it. The 'skirt' seems a bit much.
    Depends I have not seen the preview will of course see the show tonight. I guess it really comes down to Hollywood tending to see guys in a polyglot cewl sort of plate and scale and stuff whatever - where as in the books I tended to read and perceive men in real late medieval plate. Given the how the they have done the show a skirt makes kind of sense assuming you are on a horse but not in a duel but they have been erratic with amour so a bit late to worry.

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Claudius Gothicus's Avatar Petit Burgués

They didn't shy away from the gruesomeness at the end... well done, horribly and awfully well done.

Under the Patronage of
    Maximinus Thrax

Soothsayer's Avatar Campidoctor

Why can't nice things happen in this fantasy?
    I WON THIS BATTLE!

Earl Dibbles Jr's Avatar Campidoctor
    On a need-to-know basis, and you don't need to know.

Martell's death legitimately disturbed me...that was the most gruesome thing the show has had so far, even surpassing the pregnant-stabbing at the Red Wedding. Wow.

One of the worst episodes that has aired so far. Cool.

Can't wait for next week!

Interesting with the Stark girls...
    Both come across as cold not anything Ned would have imagined back in the day. Sansa certainly looked both able to see where her bread was buttered and what she had to offer or maybe to keep it that way. Her final out fit does bode well for little Robin. Arya just looks increasing absolutely cold - they have done a good job of setting up her as enrolling with the faceless men because she has stopped caring about anything life or death rules or law or whatever aside her vengeance list anyway

Quote Originally Posted by mike^_^ View Post
    One of the worst episodes that has aired so far. Cool.

Can't wait for next week!
    Call me confused why worst? or is this sarcasm or a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Call me confused why worst? or is this sarcasm or a joke.
    This whole season has been quite bad, but it all comes together in a massive steaming pile of BAD this episode. The Vale is packed to the brim with cringe (not the good kind) and dialogue/writing, Viper/Mountain fight sucked, beetle story (<-- what the , seriously?) , about the only things that has been enjoyable this season so far has been : Missandei's tits , and the confirmation that Euron Greyjoy is Daario Naharis. *

*edit : and the Heart of Winter/Night King
    Last edited by mike^_^; June 01, 2014 at 10:58 PM.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Well *I* thought the writing sucked in all the other three seasons! And since I don't bother to list any reasons besides personal prefrence there is nothing you can say to argue that point! Harrumph!
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesīr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Protector Domesticus

I thought the fight was underwelming but that ending..... *shudder* awesome.

Going to miss the character though. Loved his portrayal.