Thread: Technology localisation

hochmeister devin's Avatar Senator

Default Technology localisation

Ive been looking around the files, but I cant find where this is and since I'm re doing all the techs I need to beable to chnage the names. So if someone could tell me where its located ill appericated greatly.
    My mods
    -Mod Leader for the Wheel Of Time This is not the beginning, but it is a beginning
    -Mod Leader for Shogun 2: Foreign Invasion if you want a mod with alot of units this is for you, not only is there the 40 units CA made theres planned to be atleast 177 NEW units when its done.
    -Modder in the World War I and Shogun II project. The only full scale mod for FOTS and it plays nothing like FOTS. FOTS may have Gatling guns, WW1&S2 has tekidanto samurai, SNLF, MGs, kisho snipers, assault infantry(shotguns) just to name a few.

Default Re: Technology localisation

In the latest patch pack files, 21, for example

In db:
    there is technologies_tables and technologies_effects_junctions

In the technologies_tables, there are all the IDs for techs, research points, icons used... etc.

In the effects junctions, it shows the magnitude of effect and effect ID.

Keep the IDs for both above, but change effects. Effects can be added (there can be multiple effects for a tech).

If you're going to change names and descriptions, you should also edit encyclopedia files
    and
    text files from:
    local_en.pack -> text -> db -> technologies.loc
    There are short, long descriptions of existing techs, etc...

The position of techs may be in startpos.esf, part of TECH_TREES.

I hope this helped.