Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [RELEASE] AOR 2.3, a massive balancing submod for FRoGS

fightermedic's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: [Alpha Release] AOR mod, a submod for FROGS that brings FRoME to 3.2

Quote Originally Posted by Suppersopp View Post
    Played some turns, no crashes, 2 bugs found, 1. Vale of Anduin has no banner, they use the same as Dale. 2. In a battle my blue scout archer did the firing missile animation, but no arrows came. They where in range and no different if auto fire on or of. The arrows came when i moved the units closer.

Allsow don't know if its a bug, but some rebel towns close to the mountains have no units guarding them, so they where free to grab.

Cool whit all the units you can choose from, but it will take some time getting used to having dunedain rangers as dwarfs.
    Nice that some building has upkeep as well. But on road it stands +-100 in upkeep. How can i know if the road will give me money, or if i will loose

And one last question, does this submode has vanilla stack spam?
    the anduin flag bug is listened under known bugs

i will add units to the provinces where garrisons are missing in a later release, for now all the new provinces work well enough without

"+- xyz" always means that it's "- xyz"
    if it's "+" it only says "+"

i don't know about any stack spam, i have not tested it beyond turn 60 yet, in theory it should be less spam

Default Re: [Alpha Release] AOR mod, a submod for FROGS that brings FRoME to 3.2

news:
    i have updated the hotfix to v0.2
    a silver surfer bug has been fixed and the balancing improved
    if you have downloaded the old hotfix and not yet played many turns (since this isn't save game compatible due to map changes) please redownload the hotfix

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: [Alpha Release 0.2] The AOR mod, a submod for FROGS that brings FRoME to 3.2

Hey fightermedic, just came by to inform you that the Gondor Cavalry knights are Silver Surfers...

Default Re: [Alpha Release 0.2] The AOR mod, a submod for FROGS that brings FRoME to 3.2

yea, seems like i forgot to change armour upgrade2
    the other two upgrades are okay
    has been fixed, thank you
    Last edited by fightermedic; June 18, 2012 at 01:51 PM.
    Check out my AOR and balancing Mod for Third Age Total War

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

No problem,man! I really,REALLY like this mod! A question,if I may... Can you also add to this fantastic mod the Reunited Kindgom one from Baron's? Just imagine owning those anoying Nazgűls with one company of Winged Swordsman next in line with a company of Cardolan Axmen!! That would be great!

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

I like the whole concept of this mod. It feels like TATW meets Europa Barbarorum with all the AOR units. Very nice indeed. Im still undecided on which faction to choose to start a new campaign but as soon as I begin I will try to post some feedback. A small question: are the new custom settlements (Erebor, Esgaroth, Cairn Andros) fully functional in campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Kindjal83 View Post
    No problem,man! I really,REALLY like this mod! A question,if I may... Can you also add to this fantastic mod the Reunited Kindgom one from Baron's? Just imagine owning those anoying Nazgűls with one company of Winged Swordsman next in line with a company of Cardolan Axmen!! That would be great!
    i'd rather entirely finish the mod first, before thinking about adding even more stuff
    (i have fixed the bug with the faction voices btw, i will upload the fix sometime soon)

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    I like the whole concept of this mod. It feels like TATW meets Europa Barbarorum with all the AOR units. Very nice indeed. Im still undecided on which faction to choose to start a new campaign but as soon as I begin I will try to post some feedback. A small question: are the new custom settlements (Erebor, Esgaroth, Cairn Andros) fully functional in campaign?
    can't tell you that 100% atm, but i think i have tested it with dale by attacking erebor and it worked a few days back

while i think that i'm still miles away from EB quality here, you can look forward to even more AOR units in the Beta release, which will be based on the new version of FROGS, with that one having quite a few units that are not included in the AOR mod right now (but missing some of the units i have)

edit: it is working with all the settlements
    Last edited by fightermedic; June 21, 2012 at 01:33 AM.

Hmm, don't seems to be able to recruit, or it is something i do wrong. Had a spy ready for recruiting for 4 turns, go lots of money, but nothing happens. Same whit a unit of peasant archer. Playing as Ered Luin dwarfs

did you try to recruit in a village? please check if there are recruitment slots in the town where you tried to recruit - you may need to build town halls for recruitment slots

You where right. Im just not used to all the new things in this mod

I have a big problem. I installed Third Age 3.2 and Copying the files correctly. The Game starts and I can begin a campaign. But if I would like to start a Battle, the game crashes. Can anybody help me? Hotfix was install.
    In a Custom Battle the Game Crushes too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolee View Post
    I have a big problem. I installed Third Age 3.2 and Copying the files correctly. The Game starts and I can begin a campaign. But if I would like to start a Battle, the game crashes. Can anybody help me? Hotfix was install.
    In a Custom Battle the Game Crushes too.
    welcome to the forums
    does it crash even when you click on custom battle immediately after you start the game? without clicking on the campaign button? because the crash when switching between custom battle and campaign modes is a known bug, that i don't know how to fix

edit: i just realised you are saying that your game crashes in campain battles too.. thats odd i don't know what might be the problem here, since it is working with everybody else
    but you can try to replace the attatched file, maybe your download has been corrupted

just to be sure, when you click on custom battle does gondor have TONS of units? because if they don't, you did not install this mod correctly
    Last edited by fightermedic; June 19, 2012 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fightermedic View Post
    welcome to the forums
    does it crash even when you click on custom battle immediately after you start the game? without clicking on the campaign button? because the crash when switching between custom battle and campaign modes is a known bug, that i don't know how to fix

edit: i just realised you are saying that your game crashes in campain battles too.. thats odd i don't know what might be the problem here, since it is working with everybody else
    but you can try to replace the attatched file, maybe your download has been corrupted

just to be sure, when you click on custom battle does gondor have TONS of units? because if they don't, you did not install this mod correctly
    Thank you for your quik help very much. but in wich file i have to do the attach file?
    And yes, Gondor has a lot of units in the custom battle
    but maybe I saw, that some texture files are not correctly downloadet from the server. It´s one in every part. for example one is the texture from the Lorien faction intro. But after a download again the same files are incorrectly again. :/

I was having the same problem as Jolee. so i reinstalled 3.2 and your mod with the first hotfix and the battles work again. whatever the issue, it would seem to be related to the newer hotfix.

Quote Originally Posted by GundamGuru View Post
    I was having the same problem as Jolee. so i reinstalled 3.2 and your mod with the first hotfix and the battles work again. whatever the issue, it would seem to be related to the newer hotfix.

and where i can find the first hotfix?

Quote Originally Posted by GundamGuru View Post
    yes, that sounds reasonable, i'll go fixing the hotfix

edit: i have tested the hotfix, it is working flawlessly for me - this is odd
    i will upload a new one though, let's see if that helps
    Last edited by fightermedic; June 20, 2012 at 11:47 AM.

Default Re: [Alpha Release 0.3] The AOR mod, a submod for FROGS that brings FRoME to 3.2

i have uploaded the new hotfix 0.3
    please somebody try it with a new installation and tell me if it's working

Default Re: [Alpha Release 0.3] The AOR mod, a submod for FROGS that brings FRoME to 3.2

Quote Originally Posted by fightermedic View Post
    i have uploaded the new hotfix 0.3
    please somebody try it with a new installation and tell me if it's working
    With the new Hotfix it doesen't work again:/

Quote Originally Posted by Jolee View Post
    With the new Hotfix it doesen't work again:/
    does it simply vanish or crash with an actual error message?
    and does it still only crash at battles?
    damn, if only i had a good idea what could cause this crashes, since it's working perfectly well for myself
    just to be 100% sure, you didn't install this over Frogs 3.2 but vanilla 3.2 yes?
    Last edited by fightermedic; June 20, 2012 at 01:48 PM.

Hi,
    Are you sure the large_city_barracks event will occur ?