Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: [RELEASE] AOR 2.3, a massive balancing submod for FRoGS

Default Re: [RELEASE] AOR 2.3, a massive balancing submod for FRoGS

abanner99: You need 80 % dunedain culture in Anuminas in order to build Hause of kings, so you better start building schools and libaries. i did the same misstake my self, and is now only waiting on culture to be abel to build house of kings

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeng View Post
    So unfortunatly it still keeps crashing.

My army is just trying to cut mordors head off, if you
    would load the save and end turn the battle starts,
    after the camera is zooming in it crashes to desktop.

Would be great if we find a solution.

Got the same and this is one bug i found but verry nasty. Becouse if i play with good faction i am forced to face mordor, and usually i need to play battles my self not autoresolve, but cant really finish them, so this crash means end of game at some stage. And i think its most crucial to fix it. Anyways love the mod and would like to finish it.

metsikhovne's Avatar Semisalis

i have a problem with costum settleemnts. when battle is loading i have a ctd . for example i was defending dol guldur as elves of lorien from mordor, when battle starts loading it crashes. i have same problem with minas thiritt and other costum settlements... can anybody help?

http://uploading.com/files/get/m94b91ad/system.log.txt

btw this is the log file.

fightermedic's Avatar Ordinarius

there seems to be somethig REALLY wrong with the latest patch all those problems seem to be quite new - bad thing is i'm still in the dark where the problem is

Zaeng i tried your savegame, and the only battle ever crashing is the one at barad dur
    once i have calculated it to test other battles, no crash ever again happens
    if i start a new campain it is exactly the same, no crashes ever
    i'm staring to thing something went wrong when i uploaded the latest patch or when compressing it in winrar

can somebody who has crashes with mordor (or the dol guldur problem above) please install the old patch 2.2 here and test if that helps: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...0&d=1348769987
    (and maybe test 2.0 without any patch too, i simply can't test it myself since i don't have the crashes )
    Check out my AOR and balancing Mod for Third Age Total War

Hello everybody!

I just registered for this forum once and for all. Iīm spanish so maybe my english wonīt be perfect.

I installed AoR yesterday and I started a gondor campaign. My first thought was: "Letīs go to reconquer Osgiliath!"
    I take to Boromir and a bunch of militia soldiers to besiege E.Osgiliath, there is only a lonely general in a wall-less city; but when I start the siege I canīt attack before of build some siege weapons. Anyway, I pass turn and I attack the city and when I want to move my Boromirīs veterans through the bridge, my cursor appears like the evilīs red cross.
    I remember that in 3.2 vanilla I could use that bridge.

Uff! Itīs hard to me write in english, Iīm not very used to do it.
    Thanks you Thanks in advance for addressing my little problems

Having the same problem as someone before me but didn't see a solution.

When I try to start a campaign it just backs me up to the main menu.
    I have a clean 3.2
    I have a clean Frogs and deleted the map file.
    I have a clean AoR. (and tried both with and without the map file)

can't get it to work

Hello again!

Still playing my HE campaign (I haven't installed the very latest patch) and now I have a similar problem with the Dunedain Rangers in Imladris. I cannot recruit any dwarven unit in any settlement that gives me one, no matter how high the elven culture is! (e.g. in Suduri, the Dwarven Wanderers require 60% elven culture, I have 64%, but still no Dwarves! - well, maybe they just don't want to fight alongside the elves or something! )
    So, is this happening for the same reason as with the Rangers, or is it something else? (ahh and these Dwarves are really cool!! )

Fightermedic, I know that people are having some more serious problems with the latest patch with CTDs and all, than the above mentioned, but I just wanted to bring this to your attention maybe for a later fix!

OK, thanks in advance for any reply and, once again, GREAT mod!

@Fightermedic: Thanks for checking, I will continue the game and retreat from barad dur, once the garrision is really weak I will try to win per autoresolve - if crashes happen again I will send another
    savegame.
    Sometimes it also happens that after the general speech the game crashes during the battle, after a reload it does not happen again. So for me only a problem if it crashed after battle 5 in between the turns, anyone experienced this as well?

And again, maybe the problem is not AOR, its possibly something with Frogs.
    Do you think deleting the map.rwp once in a while (or before starting every game) can help?

@Erenelion: I also registered because of that mod, but I am checking out this forum since years. And don't worry there are some other not native speakers here as well.

I have been thinking that the type of units (militia,normal, professional, nobles) could be made explicit in the description, like at Stainless Steel or something similar to make the mod more dinamic. And a quick question: when you keep a militia unit inside a town, if you canīt recruit them; Do they have free upkeep?

@Zaeng: I had some experience with native speakers when I played (or I intended to play) at EB online. Sadly I realized that my written english was very limited and my EBīs version wasnīt compatible at all. But here I am.

I have been thinking that the type of units (militia,normal, professional, nobles) could be made explicit in the description, like at Stainless Steel or something similar to make the mod more dinamic. And a quick question: when you keep a militia unit inside a town, if you canīt recruit them; Do they have free upkeep?

@Zaeng: I had some experience with native speakers when I played (or I intended to play) at EB online. Sadly I realized that my written english was very limited and my EBīs version wasnīt compatible at all. But here I am.

@Erenelion
    all the settlements are as ever, i didn't change anything - osgilliath has 2 bridges, did you see that?

@Agnostos
    you need 60% elven AND 15% dwaven culture so they are only recruitable from formerly dwarven regions

@Karak-kal
    please upload your log (Medieval II Total War\logs if it is not there, start the game anew, now it should be
    did you install patch 2.3?

@Zaeng
    yes, if you encouter another crash, please upload your save and log files
    you have patch 2.3 yes? because the crashes you have sound like they could be caused by germanicus ai, which was present in 2.2 but is no longer in 2.3 (you might need to start delete the map file before you start the new campaign, but not every time you start a new one)

Oooohhhh! I see... Well, it makes sense...

So, no dwarves fighting side by side with the elves for me! (All the settlements that give me this option are former bandit settlements, so no dwarven culture!)

I guess I'll have to make do with just men and elves fighting together like in the days of the Last Alliance!

Thanks for the reply fightermedic!

p.s. An irrelevant question that just came to me: are there any Ents in the mod? And if they are, are they available only for the Silvan elves or can my High elves have them too somehow? (please say yes!.. )

there is no log to upload, the game doesn't crash it just wont start the campaign

Quote Originally Posted by fightermedic View Post
    @Erenelion
    all the settlements are as ever, i didn't change anything - osgilliath has 2 bridges, did you see that?
    There is 2 bridges, one on them broken. The other should be walkable but itīs not. It appears like a useless ornament of the scenario. I donīt know if I am achieving explain it well. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Karak-kal View Post
    there is no log to upload, the game doesn't crash it just wont start the campaign
    yes, that's why the log is worth something, if the game crashes outright, the log doesn't help anyway (in most cases at least)
    there is even a log if you just open and at once close the game
    you're the 2nd guy here who is not able to generate a log, that's more than strange, i can't even imagine what could be wrong so much with your installation that the game doesn't even create a log
    you know, starting to create the log should be like the first thing the game should do when beeing started

Quote Originally Posted by Erenelion View Post
    There is 2 bridges, one on them broken. The other should be walkable but itīs not. It appears like a useless ornament of the scenario. I donīt know if I am achieving explain it well. xD
    yes, but this has always been like this, don't ask me why this bridge is not useable, i did not make the map

if it helps, when I start the game the command panel opens up a list of options, which I then have to start the game from

heres a pic

that starting panel has absolutely no impact on the game other than UIs on the campaign map

Hey everyone,

I continued playing with Gondor (brought mordor down quickly) and I experianced that it only
    crashes when I attack or
    defend cities (no matter if standard city or spcially designd city).
    It crased at: Isenmouth, Cirith Ungol, Orc Encampment, Barad Dur (W E Osgiliath and Cair Andros no problem).
    Anyway I am happy to know that. Just will outoresolve if fighting is not possible - so its ok with
    me, and grat Mod to play!

Fightermedic - I added one more save for you if you want to check out, it will crash if you attack
    with Boromirs army. And what are UI's? Was asking myselfe as well what the menu at the beginning is
    about.

Apologies if this has been posted already but whenever I click on Erebor on Custom battles instead of going to the faction select screen it crashes to desktop. I've tried it with other unique settlements and I believe Erebor is the only one not working.
    [In the women's room, which Larry had to use, he puts his water bottle in his pants instead of the trash to avoid being recognized]

Producer's daughter: [enters] Hi mister. Thanks for fixing my doll.

[hugs him]

Larry: Aww, don't worry about it sweetheart.

Producer's daughter: [looks at him, scared, and runs out] Mommy, mommy. The old man's in the bathroom, and he's got something hard in his pants.

Curb Your Enthusiam