Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: [RELEASE] AOR 2.3, a massive balancing submod for FRoGS

Default Re: [RELEASE] AOR 2.2, a massive balancing submod for FRoGS

After installing the submod it still seems to launch TA3.2 instead.
    Batch file shows the launch menu where you select faction all right but when I choose dunland or whatever faction it just launches TA3.2. Doesn't even matter whether or not it has the "AUI default files" installed or not.
    It asked me to overwrite files, right now I have mods/Third_age_3/AUI folder. It's supposed to be there or is that what's screwing it up? It came there with data folder anyways.

fightermedic's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Mammel View Post
    After installing the submod it still seems to launch TA3.2 instead.
    Batch file shows the launch menu where you select faction all right but when I choose dunland or whatever faction it just launches TA3.2. Doesn't even matter whether or not it has the "AUI default files" installed or not.
    It asked me to overwrite files, right now I have mods/Third_age_3/AUI folder. It's supposed to be there or is that what's screwing it up? It came there with data folder anyways.
    you did everything right the launch menu is only for UI files on the campaign map
    just launch the game, i have not changed any menu design just look if gondor has tons of new units in custom battle, if they have everything is ok
    Check out my AOR and balancing Mod for Third Age Total War

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

I'm in turn 130 with my Gondor campaign right now and haven't had one CTD! So great job with that!
    I do encountered various weird Mordor generals...Some have Nazgul names, Elvish faces or Elven names!

The corsair invasions, ships transporting small armies, only block ports and never really 'invade'

And one suggestion, the moment I conquered Minas Morgul it got renamed into Minas Ithil (which I like!) but the culture was still 100 procent orc so couldn't you make a building, Moon Tower for example, which renames the town and gives a culture bonus? This makes more sense in my opinion...

Excuse me but how do I find and install "FROGS"?

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilcar Barcas View Post
    Excuse me but how do I find and install "FROGS"?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=475142 look here

Foederatus

Hello I'm having trouble with the whole frogs installment. I downloaded frogs part1, frogs reupload, update, aor, and data which should all be 2.0, 2.1, and 2.2. Help please.

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by abanner99 View Post
    Hello I'm having trouble with the whole frogs installment. I downloaded frogs part1, frogs reupload, update, aor, and data which should all be 2.0, 2.1, and 2.2. Help please.

If you downloaded everything correct, unpack the files, move/copy the data folders in your third age map, if it says overwrite? click yes and you know your doing it right...

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Ovarion View Post
    If you downloaded everything correct, unpack the files, move/copy the data folders in your third age map, if it says overwrite? click yes and you know your doing it right...
    I sent the files to mods/third_age/data and it doesn't ask me to overwrite, which specific folder am I dropping these guys in? I am pretty new with most of this stuff so I'm a little slow.

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

I sent the files to mods/third_age/data and it doesn't ask me to overwrite, which specific folder am I dropping these guys in? I am pretty new with most of this stuff so I'm a little slow.
    Doesn't matter, you know where you installed your Medieval II game? With Kingdoms?

For example: in C, program files, SEGA map?

click it and in there you will find a map named Mods, open it and open The Third Age folder

Move the data files in there (in the map data! not just the third age folder if I'm right..), the computer will ask you if you want to overwrite, answer yes to all

That's it!

Foederatus

Doesn't matter, you know where you installed your Medieval II game? With Kingdoms?

For example: in C, program files, SEGA map?

click it and in there you will find a map named Mods, open it and open The Third Age folder

Move the data files in there (in the map data! not just the third age folder if I'm right..), the computer will ask you if you want to overwrite, answer yes to all

That's it!
    I think that's what I did but it still doesn't asks me to overwrite. Could I have done something wrong in the download part or do I need another installment before? I have 3.2 and I'm sure I have downloaded frog 2.0, 2.1, and 2.2. Thanks

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

Have you unzipped the download files? Where are the data folders now and what are they called?

Foederatus

Have you unzipped the download files? Where are the data folders now and what are they called?
    I have them in americas/mods/third_age/data. They are called Frogs_Part1, frods reupload, update, aor, and data and they are all RAR files. As of unzipped the files I am not sure.

I have them in americas/mods/third_age/data. They are called Frogs_Part1, frods reupload, update, aor, and data and they are all RAR files. As of unzipped the files I am not sure.
    ok, you have something totaly wrong there
    the file path for third age should be
    Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\ (if this is not the case you will want to reinstall third age from scratch)
    in there should be a folder called data

what you want to do is to replace this data folder with the one that comes with my mod
    all you need to do is to unzip my mods download to some place, take the unzipped files, and copy them into "Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3"
    when you have done this, ckeck if it works
    if it does, install the patch the same way
    it's really only a matter of doing copy/paste 2 times
    Last edited by fightermedic; October 06, 2012 at 01:06 PM.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by fightermedic View Post
    ok, you have something totaly wrong there
    the file path for third age should be
    Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\ (if this is not the case you will want to reinstall third age from scratch)
    in there should be a folder called data

what you want to do is to replace this data folder with the one that comes with my mod
    all you need to do is to unzip my mods download to some place, take the unzipped files, and copy them into "Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3"
    when you have done this, ckeck if it works
    if it does, install the patch the same way
    it's really only a matter of doing copy/paste 2 times
    Ok so I think my problem is that I don't have the data file from your mod. I have downloaded the five files I mentioned on top but I don't think they brought a data folder with them. Does it come with another download or did I miss something in the ones that I did download? Thanks

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

The names of the files you downloaded are the 'zipped' ones, you need to unzip/unpack them all

That's when you will see the data files and you can move them in the Third Age Data Folder

Foederatus

Hahaha I got it to work! I didn't know what you guys meant by unpack but I got it. Thanks a lot!

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

Haha no problem, enjoy the game!
    Last edited by Eönwë; October 06, 2012 at 04:36 PM.

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

Fightermedic,

Thanks again for this mod! is there an update coming soon?

I noticed that when recruiting units, when already having a military academy, you still have to retrain them afterwards...
    most Gondor high tier units need over 4 turns recruiting, which is a little too much for quickly recruiting reinforcements or recruiting a new army...Gondor infantry, spearmen and archers should get 3/4 turn and Fountain Guards and the other elites maybe 4 or 5 turns...?

I also have a question concerning unit prices...Citadel units are more expensive than Fountain Guards and Wardens of the White Tower which is a bit strange and other units have weird prices too, any reason for that?

Encountered another Mordor captain with an Elven name and face

The units of the Tower of the Moon (Minas Ithil) look a bit strange...they don't have faces, just recruited the archers but they did't looked 'human' if you get me?

Has the problem with the custom maps been fixed?

not yet, i'm having trouble finding the reason for this bug

@ovarion
    - the mordor captains with elven faces might be bribed, i have never seen one myself
    - not beeing able to replace a lost army quickly is the point of having such long recruitment times for professional units they have much faster replenishing though, so at least you won't ever be in a situation where you can't recruit them, something that might happen with low tier units (don't forget you can get up to 6 recruitment slots with the highest town hall building)
    - unit prices are calculated from a excel sheet, they depend greatly on unit size, equipment and quality and what kind of unit it is (e.g. milita have low recruitment cost, but high upkeep, professionals have high recruitment cost but low upkeep)
    - the moon tower units have masked faces, that's why they look strange, you can only see their eyes i didn't do a singl model btw, those are all from other mods
    - i don't know yet when the next update will be