Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bug reports

Bela's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Bug reports

Solution for election CTD:
    first, open your Configuration file in mods/The_Sundering (with notepad) and change this line:
    Code:
    movies = false
    to this:
    Code:
    movies = true
    Then, move to your mods/The_Sundering/data folder, search for descr_sm_factions.txt file, open that with notepad, and search for this part:
    Code:
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

faction						egypt
    culture						northern_european
    religion					catholic
    special_faction_type				papal_faction
    symbol						models_strat/symbol_egypt.CAS
    rebel_symbol					models_strat/symbol_rebels.CAS
    primary_colour					red 153, green 0, blue 0
    secondary_colour				red 255, green 255, blue 255
    loading_logo					loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_egypt.tga
    standard_index					5
    logo_index					FACTION_LOGO_EGYPT
    small_logo_index				SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_EGYPT
    triumph_value					5
    custom_battle_availability			yes
    can_sap						yes
    prefers_naval_invasions				yes
    can_have_princess				yes
    has_family_tree					teutonic
    Change the last line to this:
    Code:
    has_family_tree					no
    If it's easier for you, please find the descr_sm_factions attached. The configuration file can not be attached, but I'm sure you will find it

Please pay attention to that this change is NOT save-game compatible (unfortunately), so you have to delete your map.rwm file in mods/The_Sundering/data/world/maps/base folder and have to start a new game!!!

Next, I'll check for the aging bug.
    "No Rest until the Blood of Greenskins flows like Dark Ale upon the Earth!"

+++ Josef Bugman +++

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Yep, that's the only possible fix until we get the family trees working properly ^^
    Hopefully then we will be able to bring back a family to Caledor without CTD.
    Thank you Bela! I'm happy to see such experienced modder around our forum

Bela's Avatar Ducenarius

Your welcome guys! Although I'm not sure if the family tree will solve the problems, I've read in the mod workshop forums that adding family tree to the papal states may mess things up. Never tried it before, but will report my experiences for you!

ps: not mentioned in the post above, but I have only tested by playing other faction, not Calidor. And by turning the videos on, you will have some vanilla videos (intro, papal election), but I think it's not something that you can not live with if you can play the game to the very end (and I'm sure those will be changed in the next version.... )
    "No Rest until the Blood of Greenskins flows like Dark Ale upon the Earth!"

+++ Josef Bugman +++

Hi all, was waiting for the 0.69 version to play this, the gameplay and feel of the mod are amazing. One quick question/bug report : it seems that fair number of units and some buildings are missing their pictures on the unit/building info cards. It shows the default peasant unit pic.

As I am new to this mod I don't know if this is normal due to lack of time to implement them in game or something went wrong with the installation and not all files were copied in the required place. I did install it in the right path (...mods/The_Sundering) Can anyone clarify on that?

Cheers!

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Hi Gromovnik,
    There is one volunteer called Ovich working on the info cards so you can expect them to be finished for the next version.
    About the installation path I don't understand very well your problem. Not all files were copied to the required place but you can still play the mod?

Hey Kolwen, thanks for the reply.

The mod launches and plays without any problem, and all files are in the right place as far as I can tell. It just misses some unit info pics and I understand now that they will be included in the next version of the mod.
    As for my question I was asking if the unit pics are not done yet or was there something wrong with the installation so that not all files containing the unit pics were copied where they should be (thus making the game unable to read and display them properly).

Hope this clarifies my earlier post.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Oh yes, there are some info pics missing. I'm sorry. It's not an installation issue.

Nothing to be sorry about, it is only a minor thing and I do understand you need to prioritize more important things.

Will post some feedback once i test the mod fully. Keep up the good work.

Cheers!

There is a problem with the battle-interface when AI controlled reinforcements are in the field. Observe:

You probably know about this already, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to report. I remember this strange bug from broken crescent 2.3, the same thing occured there before it was fixed. Not gamebreaking, but certainly annoying.

"To achieve everything that is possible, we must try to do the impossible." (H. Hesse)

StarDreamer's Avatar Domesticus

Hi!

Game crashed early during a battle against chaos with saphery. It had just started. Here is the log. Would you need additional information? What units were involved etc?
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    https://www.politicalcompass.org/ana...2.38&soc=-3.44 <-- "Dangerous far right bigot!" -SJWs

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Thanks rummtata. I will ask to the broken crescent dev team.

Quote Originally Posted by StarDreamer View Post
    Hi!

Game crashed early during a battle against chaos with saphery. It had just started. Here is the log. Would you need additional information? What units were involved etc?
    Yes please. Were thre some giant units such bloodthirsters, spawns, lords of change, etc?
    Did you have mages, archmages or apprentices?

StarDreamer's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwen View Post
    Yes please. Were thre some giant units such bloodthirsters, spawns, lords of change, etc?
    Did you have mages, archmages or apprentices?
    Bloodthirsters(as general), bloodletters, a couple of minotaurs and ungorn raiders. I had fought some lords of change already without crashing. I had 2 apprentices, archers, warriors of hoeth, spearmen and a general. Unfortunately autosaving wasn't on and I hadn't saved in a while. Their army was there in a earlier save but my own is from memory.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
    https://www.politicalcompass.org/ana...2.38&soc=-3.44 <-- "Dangerous far right bigot!" -SJWs

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Ok, thank you very much. I will check that setup

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

In custom battle selection window high elves's decription has muslim archers line.

I notice that when i am playing a custom battle with the high elves the Tiranoc chariots have elephant sounds when they charge.
    "Nothing is True Everything is permitted"

I think I have a bug with Missle upgrade from the faction in rummtata screenshot (sorry but elven names tends to slip from my minds), my archers and mitilia archers seem to not receive any boost in missle damages even with the broze sword icon in their unit cards. Of course I build them in the castle with the temple which said missle damage upgrade.
    Another thing I noticed that I have to retrain units after built to get the exp boost from the temple, is that a feature or a bug? Because when I captured a Dark Elves fortress with a temple which gives +2 exp to all units, they gave the exp boost right when units are born
    Last edited by Arandir Tur-Anion de Bodemloze; February 07, 2013 at 10:31 AM.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    I think I have a bug with Missle upgrade from the faction in rummtata screenshot (sorry but elven names tends to slip from my minds), my archers and mitilia archers seem to not receive any boost in missle damages even with the broze sword icon in their unit cards. Of course I build them in the castle with the temple which said missle damage upgrade.
    Another thing I noticed that I have to retrain units after built to get the exp boost from the temple, is that a feature or a bug? Because when I captured a Dark Elves fortress with a temple which gives +2 exp to all units, they gave the exp boost right when units are born
    Hi Castiel, that's a vanilla feature. You need to retrain your units to get the bonuts. It's like an armory.
    Last edited by Arandir Tur-Anion de Bodemloze; February 07, 2013 at 10:32 AM.

Everytime i start this game it doesn't get further then the loading screen for then it just shuts off. I found this in the eventlog, i don't think it my vieo card that can't handdle it becouse it handles mass effect 1 medieval 2 (plus the mods akthross totalwar and third age total war) just fine. My computer has windows 7 and i've installed the game in the mods folder (just as instructed). What must i do to get this game working.

0000000839: 2013-02-18 15:56:06:957 RT_MMVideo::Index::0-ADL_MMD_Features_Caps::Return Value::-3ADL_MMD_Features_Values::Return Value::-3 Error Called by:
    .ACE.CLI.Aspect.MMVideo.Graphics.Runtime.RT_MMVideo::RuntimeInvokeHandler processID:05772 threadID ) domainNameCCC.exe ) assemblyNameCLI.Aspect.MMVideo.Graphics.Runtime, Version=3.5.4288.9103, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e)

I can't post my bugs ... it always says "post denied".

Laetus

It seems i've a missing file...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast