Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pickelhauben + Bavarian Line Infantry

Icon2 Pickelhauben + Bavarian Line Infantry

after finishing the good Marshall Beales prussian textures for ROW i thought i'd have a bit of a mess around with making a pickelhauben and here is what i came up with (cheers to the chip_meister for his base helmet):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

how is this possible? alpha channel and 3 different textures mashed up together (and a lot of editing and restarting the game). If someone wants to start up a franco-prussian war mod I shotgun doing the prussians anyway just thought i'd share the love a bit.

here is the latest bavarian line infantry attempt! I'm not completely happy with it (vastly improved over post 18!) but thanks to panzershrecks awesome research, the TWC can expect a really solid Bavarian mod soon! huzzah!

Last edited by ♠ quad ♠; November 09, 2010 at 08:53 PM.
    Check out my brand new British and Prussian units and much much more in Marshall Beale's new masterpiece!

miguelmm's Avatar Civis

Default Re: A bit of a pickel(hauben)

great!
    Last edited by miguelmm; July 02, 2011 at 04:47 AM.

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

They're beautiful! Excellent work! Magnificent!

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

LuckyLewis's Avatar Loutre
    Content Emeritus

That looks excellent. Well done, I'm very impressed.
    Muh signature is so out of date all muh pictures died.

awesome, a great step in modding NTW.

Good job Mate!!

They look really nice!!

Well you have just make the Great War mod very happy!
    I have seen this technich done by you before. From now on, we should call this the quad technique.
    Its very iniavative too. Lots of these can be made too. Like in ROW, he put the tartleon crest on a top hat for the British. If suppose if you got rid of the spike it could be a latter German WWI helmet.

Can I ask, what textures and models are the spike made from?

Cheers, MB
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

Hello. Once I start back work on my Crimean War Mod I could use your help quadcorn with some helmets. If you want to help me when I restart progress I would be greatful. +Rep by the way those are fantastic.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Eh how does he combine models?

Magnificent work !!!!!

A Franco-Prussian War mod would be awesome !!!!!

best wishes

sunray

Quote Originally Posted by miguelmm View Post
    great! it will be in a mod?
    I'm considering it....thats all i'll say

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Marshal Beale♔ View Post
    Well you have just make the Great War mod very happy!
    I have seen this technich done by you before. From now on, we should call this the quad technique.
    Its very iniavative too. Lots of these can be made too. Like in ROW, he put the tartleon crest on a top hat for the British. If suppose if you got rid of the spike it could be a latter German WWI helmet.

Can I ask, what textures and models are the spike made from?

Cheers, MB
    the whole helmet uses parts from the german cav helmet (gives the shape), british cav helmet covers the some of the parts that are left when the crest is cut out, and a crazy ottoman helmet which i found by accident (covers all the other parts missed by the british helmet and gives it the spike). its funny i actually found it by accident. I first thought of carefully cutting through a plume to make it look like a spike but in a test i accidently clicked on ottomans and the unit wearing it caught my eye!

thanks for the kind words everyone watch this space for a preview of a helmet from the south east of germany......coming sooner than you think
    Check out my brand new British and Prussian units and much much more in Marshall Beale's new masterpiece!

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

So would you be able to get a totally new helmet model in to NTW or only use the ones in there to begin with?

Fantastic! I had no idea you could add existing model parts to a different model.
    Quote Originally Posted by 'The Hedge Knight View Post
    Eh how does he combine models?
    i'd like to know this too. And, Josst, I want to say "I told you so". Like I said, we only needed someone with actual talent in this area (unlike me )
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Quote Originally Posted by BDIZZLE356 View Post
    So would you be able to get a totally new helmet model in to NTW or only use the ones in there to begin with?
    only the pre-made bits and pieces. that's why this picklehaube only slightly resembles the real thing. too long and tapered. it should be flatter on the top.

but good effort...considering the limits of modding in ntw

I believe he uses one part as a plume and the other part as the hat? Am I correct Quad.?
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Marshal Beale♔ View Post
    I believe he uses one part as a plume and the other part as the hat? Am I correct Quad.?
    yes! that is correct! but since you use the alpha channel to remove parts of the texture it leaves transparent bits in it so you have to add another texture on top that replaces those bits to cover it over...hahahah man thats hard to explain. so i actually use 2 parts for the helmet (shoulders and helmet) and the spike (plume)

Quote Originally Posted by cinco View Post
    only the pre-made bits and pieces. that's why this picklehaube only slightly resembles the real thing. too long and tapered. it should be flatter on the top.

but good effort...considering the limits of modding in ntw
    oh mate i completly agree with you! its a shocker when it comes to historical accuracy but it is the best i can do with the available tools half the reason why its so tall is because the texture for the spike is quite high up so i had to kind of build up to it if you get what im saying...

Quote Originally Posted by BDIZZLE356 View Post

haha no! its all in the diffuse.dds. ive sent the pack file to hedge knight, he can send it on to you and you can see what i mean btw <3 your work!

panzerschreck asked me to do a bavarian helmet....well here is one i had a go at today. its still a beta so be nice i'll go a lot further with this one

panzerschreck gave me a tone of resources to work with so cheers big time to him

Quote Originally Posted by quadcorn View Post
    panzerschreck asked me to do a bavarian helmet....well here is one i had a go at today. its still a beta so be nice i'll go a lot further with this one

panzerschreck gave me a tone of resources to work with so cheers big time to him
    thanks to you! A lot of people here knows that bavarian army is one of my mains obsessions!

mattebubben's Avatar Senator

hmm mate i got 1 thing that ive been lookin for i cant make it myself and i wonder if u could have a look at it i would like a Russian 1805 hat like those in this 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkk_FQPR9Qc
    i have gotten 1 pretty close using the Prussian Vanilla helmet and Plumes but it wont work whit a Red and white plume and well could u give it a shot? =)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast