Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st Italian Campaign French troops retexture

Default 1st Italian Campaign French troops retexture

1st Italian Campaign French troops retexture

My idea for the mod was to add more variations to French Troops which fought in 1st Italian Campaign during Napoleonic Wars to show how. This should be more accurate as Italian French Revolutionary army was low on supplies of uniform and footwear,forced to wear scavenged civilian clothes.
    I was strongly inspired by works of Keith Rocco, his Napoleon's 1st Italian Campaign artwork particularly.

Don't judge my work too badly, as this is my first ever modding experience and I've never used Photoshop for edditing textures either. ENJOY!
    Screenshots:
    Armed Citizenry

Militia

National Guard

Revolutionary Infantry

Line infantry

Grenadiers

Don't be confused by not all of the grenadiers wearing bearskins - soldiers had to wear it only if they could afford one themselves.
    Chasseurs

Artillery Crew

Dragoons

Horse Chasseurs

At that time, shakos weren't widespread in European armies and ,in my personal opinion, helmets suit better to the period depicted in the game.
    NEW REWORKED UNITS
    Lomabrdy-Cisalpine legion

Horse Artillery crew

Credits to:
    Lord Mongsworth's for his Italian Retexture mod which I used as base.
    Pdguru for Tarleton helmet,coat and trouser textures which you can see in his Mod tread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=499558
    Big thanks for inspiration and being patient answering my questions
    L'aigle for French bearskin and epaulets textures. Special thanks for his tutorial http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=519393
    Steph for inspiration and help with the mod. Check out his and L'aigle's Masters of Europe mod here :http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=478635

Please, give feedback!
    Installation instructions:
    Place the pack in your NTW data folder and activate it by using Mod manager or place mod "JustDOit's Italian_French_retexture_mod_3.pack" in your user.script( directory C/Users/Your PC/Appdata/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Napoleon/ scripts)
    Download Link:
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/22811...ture_mod_3.rar
    To try these units out in custom battle you'll need Heartbraker's Custom Battle Unit and Faction Unlocker
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=339935
    Last edited by HighOnTea; January 03, 2013 at 03:25 AM.

Default Re: 1st Italian Campaign French troops retexture

Looks Excellent. I'm thrilled that something like this has been done. +rep! If you ever need some tips on historical accuracy or NTW modding, send me a PM, I'll be glad to help.
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

Thank you for kind comment!
    I'll sure be counting on you if I get inspired for another mod

That is amazing friend.
    I was disgusted by the tragic barefoot clowns of the original game and now you solved this issue once and for all.
    Very realistic looking textures which I would like to use in my upcoming DarthMod Napoleon with full credits to you and your work.
    I hope you have no problem.

Thank you,sir !

The mod was only possible thanks to Pdguru,Steph,L'aigle and Lord Mongsworth.

Feel free to use it
    ---------------------------------Check out my mod --------------------------------

Very very Good ! but it is possible to play in personal battle?

Quote Originally Posted by Belakor View Post
    Very very Good ! but it is possible to play in personal battle?
    Do you mean custom battle?

If that's what you mean then look under the mod dwnload link. A link for mod which allows you to play French Italian campaingn troops in custom battle is provided there.Download it ,follow installation instructions and you should be good to go.
    ---------------------------------Check out my mod --------------------------------

User script is : mod "JustDOit's Italian_French_retexture_mod.pack" or "JustDOit's Italian_French_retexture_mod.pack" ??

Quote Originally Posted by Belakor View Post
    User script is : mod "JustDOit's Italian_French_retexture_mod.pack" or "JustDOit's Italian_French_retexture_mod.pack" ??

It would look like this:

mod "JustDOit's Italian_French_retexture_mod.pack"

but if I do not have user script file creates, it is necessary that I create one? The Parcque it does not work ...

*because

Hi JustDoit:

First of all, congrats... is a great job, I enjoy it very much seeing this textures in battle. Perhaps to be simply, but awesome.

But I have a little problem... no sound I hear, in battle nor in the campaign... You can tell me where I commited some error?... I have this in the user.script:

Code:
    mod "JustDOit's Italian_French_retexture_mod.pack";
    mod "Primergy_Grassmod.pack";
    mod NTW3_Projectiles.pack;
    mod NTW3_sp_stripped.pack;
    mod NTW3_FX1_v1.pack;
    mod NTW3_FX2_v1.pack;
    mod stripped_NTW3.pack;
    mod "UltimateSoundMod";
    mod "Bullethits_mod1";
    ... and saved in Unicode codification.

the NTW3 packs (with or without quotes, the problem is same), I copied from barebones, if I dont bad remember... anyway, perhaps you already know... What I make bad ?

Thank you in advance.

greetings.
    Last edited by Archaeopterix; June 23, 2012 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaeopterix View Post
    Hi JustDoit:

First of all, congrats... is a great job, I enjoy it very much seeing this textures in battle. Perhaps to be simply, but awesome.

But I have a little problem... no sound I hear, in battle nor in the campaign... You can tell me where I commited some error?... I have this in the user.script:

Code:
    mod "Primergy_Grassmod.pack";
    mod NTW3_Projectiles.pack;
    mod NTW3_sp_stripped.pack;
    mod NTW3_FX1_v1.pack;
    mod NTW3_FX2_v1.pack;
    mod stripped_NTW3.pack;
    mod "UltimateSoundMod";
    mod "Bullethits_mod1";
    ... and saved in Unicode codification.

the NTW3 packs (with or without quotes, the problem is same), I copied from barebones, if I dont bad remember... anyway, perhaps you already know... What I make bad ?

Thank you in advance.

greetings.
    Hello!

It is quite strange that you've encountered a sound problem as my mod only effects textures.
    When you turn on NTW ,then move to Windows desktop and go back to the game it could turn the sounds down.Check your sound mixer after entering NTW . Also check sound options in-game.
    If it doesn't help:
    First,turn all the other mods off to see how it works.

But,if it remains silent,try moving my mod to the bottom of user.script.

Hope this helps
    Please ,tell me how it goes
    Last edited by HighOnTea; June 23, 2012 at 06:38 AM.

Apparently only works while only without the addition of other sub-mods ... so far no problem, does not seem so bad the original game on the effects ... but in other respects more precise visual (uniforms very generic, for example ... or swords that seem made of wood ...).

This is the only way I found to play with your textures, smooth:

Code:
    #mod "UltimateSoundMod.pack";
    #mod "Primergy_Grassmod.pack";
    #mod NTW3_Projectiles.pack;
    #mod NTW3_sp_stripped.pack;
    #mod NTW3_FX1_v1.pack;
    #mod NTW3_FX2_v1.pack;
    #mod stripped_NTW3.pack;
    Thanks for sharing, and waiting for more
    Last edited by Archaeopterix; June 23, 2012 at 11:38 PM.

Thank's for the feedback
    As I wrote in the description,aim of the mod was to add more variations to uniforms, not the weapons.
    And it is my first experience doing this stuff,too.
    Last edited by HighOnTea; June 24, 2012 at 02:50 PM.

hummm ... I just read a post of your, in April this year (if I remember correctly), where you say something about a pack of textures that does not work, then you've solved updating your original game...

Maybe my problem has been the same, is the first time I play NTW and had no idea that there were patches, now I'm updating my game, and tomorrow I'll try all the mini-mods all together to see what happens.

... sorry for the ignorance .

greetings.

Shea O'Gorath's Avatar Primicerius

That right there is some seriously beautiful re texturing. Top notch man.

agunter999's Avatar Senator

could you do some of the italian units now

I'd love to ,but I've encountered a problem. Normal_dds don't show up right in the game and I also get another texture related bug,so next mod will be postponed until all the issues are solved,unfortunately.

Really Great retexture JustDoit8 + rep

But the download link seems broken

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast