Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: [MAP] Westeros/Essos merged

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: [MAP] Westeros/Essos merged

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    well you guys, thanks, you have confirmed to me why I would never make an essos map.
    it just takes so much space and has no other purpose but to decrease detail in other more interesting locations like Westeros.... maybe free cities one day but essos entirely? not in a million years
    You are most welcome!

Essos itself has some potential in making an interesting campaign, however I don't think Westeros should be included in any way. Also anything east of Qarth is a huge question mark, there is to few referenses in the actuall books to create anything other then a map. Sothornos, Ulthos, Assai.. what do we know for sure about these places?
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

my thoughts exactly. there is still the essos submod project, someday that may even lift

cisfe's Avatar Foederatus

The main reason i wanted to do the biggest map has something to do with the FaB mod.... We dont know alot about the places east of qarth except names and locations but that means when mapping you cant really mess it up (for now) I dont think there will ever be any detail about them. But I wanted a map so the stallion could mount the world had they never met the Mirri Maz Duur the witch . And if a maester would have this map then i would assume that he would try to mount it all. I already have the 199 cities i want to use and i am making islands bigger in westeros so it wont lose to much detail (im using the map size from SS westeros is about 85% the size it is now maybe a little bigger). Im gunna use FaB to get it going a little, since badger ok'd it. I also got my edges smoothed out thanks to the mod korpskog ( I think Essos looks good btw)....As for factions Idk honestly and i have no skill in putting faction skins together and everything else needed with new factions. Plus idk if free cities should be one faction or split, same with slaver cities.

I would give screen shoots of my smooth looking map but my computer wont let me with out the snipping tool and the game takes up my whole screen. And mapclass wont let me have it nice i guess.

Ok thos ugly images were bugging me... These are what the edges should have looked like if map class was being stupid. Still haven't made the beaches and what not but will eventually. But all my edges did get fixed.

Valyria

And the not much known about Sothoryos

When will this be released!! I wanna play it soo badly

Valyria

And the not much known about Sothoryos

[/QUOTE]

I cant wait till this is released !!

this will include westeros too???

Lord Valerius have not been working on this for some time now, I have no idea about the other chaps.. I Think I still have the most developed Essos mod

Quote Originally Posted by Korpskog View Post
    Lord Valerius have not been working on this for some time now, I have no idea about the other chaps.. I Think I still have the most developed Essos mod
    Is there a released version of this most completed mod? aha
    Last edited by HannibalExMachina; June 30, 2014 at 06:15 AM.

The pics I have in this thread are horrible. I am still making custom new ground types. And the map I am working on has the whole known world so Westeros included. I do have a lot done but have not placed it in any mod except for trials. I still don't know what to do for city sizes and development of them. I am trying to make everything as detailed as possible, including changing water by Valyria and the bleeding sea is reddish. There wasn't much interest in all the lands tho as it would have to be a massive thing to include all the new factions as well as the Westeros ones. I am just trying to perfect the map I would like to play on but am still working on it.

If somebody is still working on this please contact me and I will share my current version of Essos TW!

anybody is working on this mod?

this seems good

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345