Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Foot based heroes dont fight well

Default Re: Foot based heroes dont fight well

I think Captains get some extra HPs. They're often among the last left.

and he also killed a lot of enemy soldiers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    What the hell is wrong with you people?

I guess i can try giving troll animations to foot generals but im really not sure how to go about that. Or where to find those animations. Ive beem able to change animations of whole units before by setting there animation in the export_descr_unit as another unit. (Tonight im gonna try making warg archers for otmm and oog) but generals are add on unit with their own animations so its not as easy.

And to clarify i dont want to make just heros fight better on foot i want all foot based captains and generals to fight better

Ultra123's Avatar Senator

as a side note just to mention as i think its relevant, the Silvan Heavy spearmen the ones who can shieldwall (im using baron sams mod my 'vanilla' copy is covered in dust somewhere...) when put into their shield wall formation and with a captain and you deploy them in i think its 2 ranks the captain and flag bearer appears directly at the rear of the formation on their own, effectivily having the rest of the units protecting them. this could be emulated for generals perhaps? using shieldwall as a way of safguarding him from the front with the added trouble of making sure his ass is covered? could be a useful ideafor dwarven generals and perhaps some evil ones, i always notice my goblin/orc/uruk generals die extremely fast in combat for some reason against even basic enemy militia. thats fine, but at least let them be killed after their bodyguard dies valiently trying to keep them up....

Bump.

... Was there ever a solution for this? The problem is that the General use the "One handed animation" which does not include a shield. So every hit he get is a hit to the body with a corresponding long animation of him twitching about. Additionally the said animation cant break blows from opponents unlike animations that include a shield or a two-hander, leaving enemies open to hit your general as much as they would like.

Essentially he is using the same animation set as a peasant archer in melee. Its terrible.

Giving the general a two-handed weapon or at least a bloody shield to block with would do wonders.

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by LaLaLand View Post
    Giving the general a two-handed weapon or at least a bloody shield to block with would do wonders.
    I believe that theres different weapons for different generals... I just saw Celeborn with a sword and shield.....
    //ThaDoews

TATW + MOS 1.
    SS6.4 + BftB

I'm sure someone once stated having a shield can be a disadvantage, because when they get hit, they play the block animation and this means for that frame they cannot attack, so when under heavy attack they cannot attack back. Therefore it can be an advantage for your units to not have a shield.

I'm sure someone once stated having a shield can be a disadvantage, because when they get hit, they play the block animation and this means for that frame they cannot attack, so when under heavy attack they cannot attack back. Therefore it can be an advantage for your units to not have a shield.

That is wrong. The problem is that the hero character with the basic 1 handed weapon have no way of countering an attack sequence, so that is the reason for the endless stagger.

Anyway, just want people to know I solved it.

By giving the hero a two-handed weapon model it forces it to change the animation into the two-handed variant. It does not have most of the long staggers, and have a few obstruct moves so that he can counter attack, so now my general is ripping ass with his daneaxe instead of twitching about like some sort of drunkard on a rave.

I know in TATW gimli is using his axe one-handed for some reason, and Elrond and Aragorn could also easily use the far more effective two handed animation than the current staggerriffic one handed, no shield. It would dramatically improve their combat performance.

Quote Originally Posted by LaLaLand View Post
    That is wrong. The problem is that the hero character with the basic 1 handed weapon have no way of countering an attack sequence, so that is the reason for the endless stagger.

Anyway, just want people to know I solved it.

By giving the hero a two-handed weapon model it forces it to change the animation into the two-handed variant. It does not have most of the long staggers, and have a few obstruct moves so that he can counter attack, so now my general is ripping ass with his daneaxe instead of twitching about like some sort of drunkard on a rave.

I know in TATW gimli is using his axe one-handed for some reason, and Elrond and Aragorn could also easily use the far more effective two handed animation than the current staggerriffic one handed, no shield. It would dramatically improve their combat performance.
    How do you give a two-handed weapon model for a hero and is there a simple way for doing this (would be wonderful to have Glorfindel wielding a two handed sword instead of an axe though lol, is that possible ?) ? Hate to not be able to use Glorfindel at all in combat because of the fear of him dying in combat because of the endless stagger.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivera View Post
    How do you give a two-handed weapon model for a hero and is there a simple way for doing this (would be wonderful to have Glorfindel wielding a two handed sword instead of an axe though lol, is that possible ?) ? Hate to not be able to use Glorfindel at all in combat because of the fear of him dying in combat because of the endless stagger.
    From what I remember, you would have to add new animations for Glorfindel.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...her-animations might help.

And you would have to add the new weapon to Glorfindel's model and get rid of the old ones.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...rces-amp-Tools would be a good place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmonstra View Post
    From what I remember, you would have to add new animations for Glorfindel.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...her-animations might help.

And you would have to add the new weapon to Glorfindel's model and get rid of the old ones.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...rces-amp-Tools would be a good place to start.
    Thanks mate, I'll look into it. Might be too complicated for me though, I'm no modder. D:

Well I'm just an amateur modder myself. It took a fair bit of trial and error to get it right.

I used this guide though.

Changing a weapon for a single soldier is not all that difficult. I would suggest finding Glorofindel's file and give him some sort of Eldar weapon, then changing his unit animation set from the current to the Eldar swordsmen. Both are done in the battle_models.modeldb file and some basic tweaking in milkshape.

I'll look into it, thanks all for the help !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12