Thread: combining maps

Default combining maps

i'm putting together a new mod, and i was wondering if there was a way i could create different sub-maps and then easily append them all together into the full campaign map. i realize that may mean combining each of the different map types (regions, climate, etc.) separately. i just walked through gigantus' "creating a world" map tutorial, and am using GIMP 2.8.0. i do not have any fancy graphics software.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: combining maps

Why would you want to create sub maps? You can have only one map at a time which means you have to combine them. Combining all the different map files into one will be prone to errors.
    So simply think through what all you want in that map and then put it together right from the start.

thanks for the advice, gigantus. i am looking at making a belgariad mod, and that world (like lotr) is rather large, so i was hoping to do it piece-meal and put all the pieces together later, as this is my first time modding m2tw and i figured i would work out some kinks along the way if i started with smaller maps.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Better start with the complete map area. Check this tutorial. More info about basics.