Thread: any advice? campaign won't start

Default any advice? campaign won't start

Required information:

What OS do you use?: Windows 7

What version of RTW do you use?:
    I'm assuming this means RTW, BI, or ALEX. I use BI. Everything is patched up to where it should be, I even made sure to double-check.

Are you using steam or not?: No

Install path: C:\Apps & Games\The Creative Assembly\Roma Surrectum II

Which launcher option have you used (exe, faction etc): I'm not sure about this question. I use the regular launcher where you choose your faction and can edit settings, etc.

I'm a long-time RS fan, and played extensively on 2.1a. I've just come back to see that the 2.5beta is out and after downloading I've run into the good ol' "please select an item from the list" error, followed by the message about a problem with the date in the desc_strat file. (I'm trying to play as Rome, 0-turn, btw.)

I'm 100% positive that my install is clean. The folder I use for RSII is copied from a clean, unmodded install of RTW (including BI & ALEX). I also have another 'RomeTW' folder copied from the same clean install that I use for other mods such as RTR and EB, without any problems. I also didn't have this problem with RSII at any time prior to installing 2.5.

I have tried deleting the install of RSII and recopying the clean install and doing it all over probably around 4 times now with the same problem each time. Is it possible that there's a problem with the version of the patch that I've downloaded? I used the exe install option.

I was also curious if it's possible if someone with a working campaign could just upload their desc_strat so I could replace mine? Maybe that would solve the problem.

Thanks!
    My AARs: [EB AAR] Sons of Achilles

Like RPing? Like Imperial Rome? Check out Aeterna Roma!

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default Re: any advice? campaign won't start

When you installed RS2.5, did you remove:

(Roma Surrectum 2.5)

From the install path? Better, do you have such a directory in your RSII folder? If so, then your install is in the wrong place.
    I can't think of any other reason for this, other than an RTW that hasn't been upgraded to v1.5\BI 1.6.....but it sounds like you've done that as you use the same RTW install for other mods as I do.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

DId you get it to work?
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

sorry it's taken me a while to get back to this thread. I've been a bit busier the past few weeks than I expected.

I haven't gotten it to work yet. I also don't have any incorrect directories, and I'm sure that my BI is patched to 1.6.
    I'll try and delete/uninstall everything and start from scratch again and see if I can't get it to work.
    My AARs: [EB AAR] Sons of Achilles

Like RPing? Like Imperial Rome? Check out Aeterna Roma!

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

There are two reasons that I know of to get the message 'select an item from the list'. Both are mentioned in this thread: here.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here