Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: SHOW the STRENGTH of IMPERIAL SPLENDOUR [Screenshot Thread]

Default Re: Imperial Splendour 2.2.1b - Show the strength of your Imperial Splendour [Screenshot thread]

Im worried that it will feel very strange playing with only England and France overhauled and the other nations like vanilla, perhaps you could implement some more units for the other nations from various sources like darthmod has done?

Flikitos's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Imperial Splendour 2.2.1b - Show the strength of your Imperial Splendour [Screenshot thread]

The other units will come later, however we added new models and textures to most vanilla units so as not to show a great difference between France/Britain and other factions.

it is not like all other factions are vanilla.

First of all, they have completely new units using only vanilla skins.

Second, many new units are also in the game, e.g. the United Provinces, Spain and Russia have completely new reskinned (remoddeled) units by jarnomedia or HellFell.

There are a lot of good units packs for other factions while we are waiting for these units packs for Russia, Spain, Netherlands........

Excellent work from IS team; I tried the 2.2.1b public beta and I must say that it is impressive at all.

Mod of the highest taste.

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Fedual View Post
    Im worried that it will feel very strange playing with only England and France overhauled and the other nations like vanilla, perhaps you could implement some more units for the other nations from various sources like darthmod has done?
    Speaking about only new early unit models for French and Great Britain, they needed something like 5 month work (approximatively 30 to 40 new models, from completely new ones to slightly modified from new base models).
    And all those models needed new textures, not simply modified textures from vanilla units.
    And we have 3 era (early / mid / late).
    For instance, French mid XVIIIth century needed approximatively 50 new models, hopefully, I've done them for NPI last year (it took me 6 to 8 month).
    Creating Gribeauval artillery models needed 1 month, and only 3D models, approximatively the same for Vallière system.
    So, if you want a complete overhaul, this will need some more years.

We have decide to release new I.S by faction's pack (French, vs, English, then Russian vs Swede, etc.) to be more reactive and give people new units and feature instead of waiting 2 or 3 years untill IS3 will be completed.
    Last edited by wangrin; July 11, 2012 at 12:49 AM.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Don504's Avatar Ordinarius

Don't forget some extensions of the unit packs, we'll make some according to which nation had the closest uniform to the main unit pack's nations

Explore the word and conquer it all.

General Dan's Avatar Tiro

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The british are in full retreat from paris. The French empire lives to fight another day.
    Last edited by General Dan; July 11, 2012 at 10:38 PM.

Skillreaver's Avatar Civis

British-French battle of the colonies of South America somewhere in the northern part of today's Venezuela :

British won this time - they were under my command lucky bastards

Skillreaver's Avatar Civis

Back in Europe and the late XVIII century.Battle between Polish-Saxonian alliance and Austro-Prussian in the defence of Łódź and the western territory of Crown : Bloody fight....

While Saxonian regiments supported by 4 batteries of artillery successfully defended right flank against Prussian attack , Polish Winged Hussars surprised Austrians with fast and deadly charge.First line of enemy infantry has been destroyed.Unfortunately Husssar's charged stopped on Austrian grenadiers reginments and took heavy loses.This sacrifice gave Polish Crown Grenadier Guards ,Saxon Grenadiers and Polish line infantry battalions so precious time to join the fight.After few musket volleys from both sides a bloody bayonet fight begin.Both sides took heavy loses but finally Polish defeated Austrians and regained control of military base camp.It was a great and victorious day for Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth - western lands were safe for now but the real terrible threat was coming from the east....

PitaboyDK's Avatar Libertus

French Revolution, Outside of Paris.

Last general defending Paris is dead!

Battle of Morocco

Everything looks realy awesome! Realy nice. I´m looking forvard for the Prussia vs Austria Unit Pack^^ eventhough the Prussians are allready looking good. Like all the retexture Work. I will try this game now.

PitaboyDK's Avatar Libertus

Well, i just wish i had pulled myself together and bought a new computer, i'm only playing on a old Toshiba laptop xD
    I can play Skyrim, but i cannot play Shogun 2.

Hi guys! My compliments for everything nice mod but I think I found a bug I don't think the face of that guy in pic is normal its like he is wearing a mask? (don't know if I installed everything correctly) Second I would like to ask if 2.2b is ready to play in grand campaign
    THX

naxzul666's Avatar Que la fête commence !
    Content Emeritus

Wow, great effects!

Quote Originally Posted by wangrin View Post
    Speaking about only new early unit models for French and Great Britain, they needed something like 5 month work (approximatively 30 to 40 new models, from completely new ones to slightly modified from new base models).
    And all those models needed new textures, not simply modified textures from vanilla units.
    And we have 3 era (early / mid / late).
    For instance, French mid XVIIIth century needed approximatively 50 new models, hopefully, I've done them for NPI last year (it took me 6 to 8 month).
    Creating Gribeauval artillery models needed 1 month, and only 3D models, approximatively the same for Vallière system.
    So, if you want a complete overhaul, this will need some more years.

We have decide to release new I.S by faction's pack (French, vs, English, then Russian vs Swede, etc.) to be more reactive and give people new units and feature instead of waiting 2 or 3 years untill IS3 will be completed.
    when i said various sources i did not mean that this team should make new units but rather take old units from various/other modders that are already complete. That was my suggestion, i undertand that it would take years to make new ones, and again, that is why i made the suggestion that i did.

Regards, Fedual

Ok, Question

How are y'all taking screen shots? I can't seem to figure it out????

Thanks...

--

F12 it saves with steam

Thanks Don,.... now here is the fruits of your help.....

Small Naval Engagement: United Provinces vs. Portugal

First: Broadside shots
    Attachment 239885

Attachment 239886

Attachment 239887

Now, the dramatic moment in the battle. It actually in the first 5 minutes.

A small brig approaches (UPS Elswound)
    Attachment 239888

At first, The mast catches fire.... then....
    Attachment 239889

Attachment 239890

Attachment 239891

Did you notice the flying bodies? (My wife thought they were sticks)

Attachment 239892

Attachment 239893
    The Elwounds and her crew are no more.

More screen shots of two battles....

First battle Russia vs. France
    My game was on a very low graphic setting.

----

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast