Thread: Proposal: Colonial Campaign

Default Proposal: Colonial Campaign

Hello Everyone,

is it possible to make to Colonialpowers (England, France, Russa, USA and Germany) playable factions in the campaign. Starting with one Region in other corners of japan and try to get control over the country before someone else do?

I know it would be not historicly correct if the greatpowers go for massive warfare within japan, but it would be fun. And the Boxer-Uprising shows the possibility of military actions of the majorpowers in asia.

I think this would make an excellent submod, i just have absolutly no skill... so someone else have to do it

Senator

Default Re: Proposal: Colonial Campaign

You'd have to replace existing factions with the Great Powers, and have lots of specific units and buildings for them. But other than that it wouldn't be too hard to do.

Historically, Britain and Japan were allied from 1902, and Japan went to war with Russia in 1904-5. USA, France and Germany had little interaction with Japan beyond the FOTS campaign, aside from maintaining their own interests in the Philippines, South East Asia and Indonesia and China and Indonesia respectively.

Remember that Germany wasn't even a country until 1871, so you'd have to have it set after then.

Admittedly perfect historical accuracy is not required for me (though I prefer depth to "arcade"), but I might find this very interesting.

This would be really cool. Japan is cool but I really need some western stuff.