Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sinfonia Semplice (Sound Fixing Tool)

Default Re: Sinfonia Semplice (Sound Fixing Tool)

Iam getting an error saying it cant find my game directory in C: which makes sense because i installed the game on my D: drive.

Mazdek's Avatar Libertus

Hi! Thanks for this tool, very handy. Fixed my Shogun 2 and FoTS up nicely. However, I'm still getting gun sounds in Rise of the Samurai. Seems to be when General's Bodyguards are shooting. Might have happened in a sea battle too but I'm not sure.

I'm using a mac that can't open the exe file? any other way to fix the sound problem :*(

Foederatus

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-10-26_110823.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	316215My problem is that I installed Shogun 2 in my H drive, but this application keep looking for my shogn 2 in the C drive. Can this problem be solved? Thank you

Just another guy who don't have TWS2 installed on C:... please fix it, or make different paths, or give a do-it-yourself kit

Senator

It doesn't work, i still get the sound bug even after using this tool! and after placing the sinfonia_semplice.pack into my data folder. Also can you please fix it so that it can find the eve in the D drive. These are the mods im using.

mod sinfonia_semplice.pack;
    mod techreducemod.pack;
    mod vus_1.0.pack;
    mod [mod]sengoku_geisha_v1.1.pack;
    mod noscreenblood.pack;
    mod more_campaign_years.pack;
    mod mod.pack;
    mod kdiplomod2.pack;
    mod increased_bow_units_rof.pack;
    mod ai_occupation_resistance.pack;
    mod cf_recruitmentslots.pack;
    mod 1turnrecruit.pack;
    Last edited by Deedlit; November 30, 2014 at 10:19 AM.

The Record of Lodoss War, The Mother of all Epic High Fantasy stories.

Does not fix DarthMod 5.0 sound issue. Garrison troops still make gun sounds

Laetus

Still getting error : Cant found Shogun 2 on C disk....well i have i it on K disk but still i dont know why it is totally automated,can you make it will ask you about directory first ? Cuz i dont know if i wanna reinstall my Shogun with all mods etc. After all its still about 45 GB and with my low internet....

Zonac's Avatar Miles

Hey guys! I am using the latest version of TROM3 and tried Sinfonia_Semplice and it fixed parts of my game. First off all I have my Shogun installation on my second drive E and I do not get an error like those poor guys who posted this bevor me (What a lucky guy I am ).
    I tried a lot of different approaches which were suggested in the forums here but none worked perfectly fine.

First I simply tried to install the SS mod ==> general and fire arrows didn't work
    Second try: I included the hole vanilla unit_table (units) into the one of the mod ==> some random units still had wrong sounds but different ones
    3rd try : I deleted the soundfix from trom db and used the extended van. unit table from above ===> All units accept the advanced bow ashigaru had correct sounds. (However by doing this all the camaign and custom cost etc. are changed aswell so no balance anymore.. :/)
    4th try: I only deleted the soundfix from TROM and used SS ==> half of the units had wrong sounds.

So I am asking you now if there is a solution to get all units to work without changing all the van.unit tables to the modded values (A LOT of work).?

Thanks in advance!!!

Edit: I always converted the SS.pack into a movie file and TROM into a MOD file.
    I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.
    Alexander the Great

Quote Originally Posted by Nipponsei View Post
    Iam getting an error saying it cant find my game directory in C: which makes sense because i installed the game on my D: drive.
    I get this too, like all the others. I think it should use its own directory, if it detects "Shogun2.exe". That way, users can just keep it in their install directory and not have to manually enter a custom directory. Also, the application won't have to leave any config files anywhere to store the custom install directory.

Zonac's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstDeity View Post
    I get this too, like all the others. I think it should use its own directory, if it detects "Shogun2.exe". That way, users can just keep it in their install directory and not have to manually enter a custom directory. Also, the application won't have to leave any config files anywhere to store the custom install directory.
    In my upper post I just explained that in my case SS was able to find my shogun data on my other HDD even though my OS is on C (SSD). Maybe you should put the exe from SS into your shogun 2 data folder and start it from there.
    I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.
    Alexander the Great

Merry Christmas. I've now updated Sinfonia Semplice so it should pick up Shogun 2 installs that are on alternate drives. I haven't been able to test this myself since my Steam library is all on one drive so please let me know if it works now (or what errors you get if it doesn't).

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Very glad to see you here after a very long time.
    I'd need some help with Symphony for NTW. I've been using it successfully for Masters of Europe, where I have all the units speaking their own language.

I've been trying to use the "unit_voice". It works, but I cannot add a new one. If I add for example "French_grenadier" in the unit_voice column of the units table, then wehn I compile with Symphony, I get an error message. It can compile only with the unit_voice which already exist.

It would literally save thousands of lines in my XML sound files if I could set up my own unit_voice. Do you need if it it possible? How do you get the list of valid unit_voice?

Another question: in the peninsular campaign, CA managed to have the Portuguese units speak portuguese, even if they are owned by the britain faction. I couldn't find how they defined it in the sound banks/events. Do you have an idea?

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Another question: in the peninsular campaign, CA managed to have the Portuguese units speak portuguese, even if they are owned by the britain faction. I couldn't find how they defined it in the sound banks/events. Do you have an idea?
    CA said somewhere that was a hardcoded thing - whether they lied or not I don't know...

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

I believe it is too since I couldn't find anything about it anywhere.

But the unit_voice question is still very important. If we can add our own unit_voice_ID it would GREATLY simplify many things. I hope Crux3D can help with that.

I downloaded the file but have no clue on what to do next... please instruct... thank you who ever helps me...

Quote Originally Posted by crux3D View Post
    Merry Christmas. I've now updated Sinfonia Semplice so it should pick up Shogun 2 installs that are on alternate drives. I haven't been able to test this myself since my Steam library is all on one drive so please let me know if it works now (or what errors you get if it doesn't).
    It does work on alternate drives without a problem at least in my case. It doesn't however work with junction points from one drive to another, but that's easy enough to get around.

Kurisu Paifuaa's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Zonac View Post
    Hey guys! I am using the latest version of TROM3 and tried Sinfonia_Semplice and it fixed parts of my game. First off all I have my Shogun installation on my second drive E and I do not get an error like those poor guys who posted this bevor me (What a lucky guy I am ).
    I tried a lot of different approaches which were suggested in the forums here but none worked perfectly fine.

First I simply tried to install the SS mod ==> general and fire arrows didn't work
    Second try: I included the hole vanilla unit_table (units) into the one of the mod ==> some random units still had wrong sounds but different ones
    3rd try : I deleted the soundfix from trom db and used the extended van. unit table from above ===> All units accept the advanced bow ashigaru had correct sounds. (However by doing this all the camaign and custom cost etc. are changed aswell so no balance anymore.. :/)
    4th try: I only deleted the soundfix from TROM and used SS ==> half of the units had wrong sounds.

So I am asking you now if there is a solution to get all units to work without changing all the van.unit tables to the modded values (A LOT of work).?

Thanks in advance!!!

Edit: I always converted the SS.pack into a movie file and TROM into a MOD file.
    Bit of a late reply, but if you're still having trouble...

If you use the method where you include the original vanilla units table along with TROM's, you have to be sure that none of TROM's tables are alphabetically inferior to 'units'. If I recall, TROM has at least two tables which would cause issue (van_units and van_units_naval). Try changing the prefix or adding one so that the original units table name comes last alphabetically (e.g. change van_units to def_units or whatever). Otherwise you would indeed have trouble with the original unit file's values taking precedence. And yes, you should also delete any other sound fix packs as well as the sounds_packed directory in the main mod to be certain your newly generated fix pack is recognized.

Which version of TROM? Yarkis' last 1.91 or Obi Wan's new project? I'm just back to Shogun again and have been busy trying some of the newer mods, but I'll gladly post a working sound fix in the TROM thread if I can get one working and others are still having trouble.

MRENGLISHRULES's Avatar Tiro

Application crashes when I run the program.

Etruscan's Avatar Civis

every time i try to launch i get an error it says" An error has occurred:
    File already exists in packfile:
    ui/portraits/custom/cards/hojo_daimyo.tga
    exiting."
    so whats causing this?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast