Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sinfonia Semplice (Sound Fixing Tool)

Default Re: Sinfonia Semplice (Sound Fixing Tool)

Well, it seems to have fixed the ashigaru problem but now the cannon sounds show up on a different bow unit altogether. Gah. Luckily it's a more rare unit so I think I could deal with it just fine.

Kurisu Paifuaa's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown User View Post
    Well, it seems to have fixed the ashigaru problem but now the cannon sounds show up on a different bow unit altogether. Gah. Luckily it's a more rare unit so I think I could deal with it just fine.
    Even with the last beta, prior to the Otomo patch, there were some mismatches. Specifically, you'd get rifle sounds on some musket units. Also, modern brass horns would play in place of the conch horn... so it isn't just projectile effects that go wrong. It sounds like things have just shifted a bit.

The best solution I found was to merge all individual unit tables and restore the vanilla unit table order at the beginning of the file. Mostly that means simply restoring the MP unit rows, but there are other omissions IIRC. So, you'd take a copy of the default units table from data.pack and paste in van_units and van_units_naval entries to their respective rows (edit: also the boshin counterparts). Then append all of the other tables afterwards. There are 9 total unit tables for TROM. The order after the vanilla units doesn't matter. Once complete, I'd just call it units, pack it into TROM main pack and re-run SS. You can also put the sounds_packed directory from the SS output pack right in the TROM main pack (and delete the SS output pack).

Something like Winmerge is a huge help used in conjunction with PackFileManager.

It's a bit tedious, but it worked perfectly last time (except for one or two custom naval units which likely require manual sound bank editing). Testing the sounds is also a huge pain. Thought I'd post instructions in case you or anyone else cares to have at it. TROM is my favorite overhaul too. Not so much time to fiddle around lately

First I'd like to know if there are any other major problems, sounds aside

Also a little worried about Yarkis. Hopefully he's just burned out.

edit: Forgot the boshin (bos) tables also go into the default part of the merged table
    Last edited by Kurisu Paifuaa; December 07, 2012 at 03:34 PM.

Fixed my mod's sound issues. Thanks,+rep.

This isn't working for me. I made a couple of my own mods, but they only change unti abilities and shouldn't even touch the units file. Any ideas what's going on?
    Proud Mentee of the one and the only:

Master of Thessus

Silius Saurus's Avatar Biarchus

Not working for me, either. Playing TROM3 and I still get the booming cannon/gun sounds with mounted archers. Reaaaallly annoying.
    "If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly". -- Nick Lappos

Cool!

I changed my Shogun 2 install from the E:\ disk to the C:\ for a couple of weeks ago. I then tried to use this tool(it has worked for me when Shogun 2 was installed in E) and it gave me an error like: "The program couldn't find Shogun 2 on the E disk" or something... Can someone help me with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Ygge View Post
    I changed my Shogun 2 install from the E:\ disk to the C:\ for a couple of weeks ago. I then tried to use this tool(it has worked for me when Shogun 2 was installed in E) and it gave me an error like: "The program couldn't find Shogun 2 on the E disk" or something... Can someone help me with this?
    Same problem here. I have an SSD which is my default boot drive but I have SHogun 2 installed on my C drive. Anyway to fix this?

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

Yep same error, it still thinks Shogun is on my C: drive from a previous installation and I've moved it since.

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

scope2007's Avatar Civis

It is nice that you have simplified the original "Symphony", I could never get that to work Crux - so well done for streamlining it all!

I am having one minor problem however, all of my sounds are fixed except for in naval battles. Bow Kobaya's are making matchlocks sounds when they fire arrows... a minor annoyance.. has anyone else experienced this?
    -Scope

Author of:

Ninja Hero Mod V3.0 (For Hattori, Tokugawa and FOTS Factions) *Released 08/06/2013* - Addition of new FOTS campaign Shinobi Hero unit, rebalancing and new unit randomisation.

I can't run the Sinfonia Semplice, here is the screenshot:
    http://me.zing.vn/jpt/photodetail/datdat5986/867810672.
    How can I fix this?

Oh, there is more. I installed Shogun2 on D:\Total War Shogun 2. I can't reinstall it on the C drive because it is full.
    And yours mods are conflicts with some other mods like: bowgeneral, Gallusmod-OdaTokugawaV2.0+monthlyturn+1640+Ikko Ikki unlock,...
    Please help me!!!

Liu Zheng's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by datdat5986 View Post
    I can't run the Sinfonia Semplice, here is the screenshot:
    http://me.zing.vn/jpt/photodetail/datdat5986/867810672.
    How can I fix this?
    is the game original (steam) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Zheng View Post
    is the game original (steam) ?
    i think it just the matter of the game location.

Liu Zheng's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by datdat5986 View Post
    i think it just the matter of the game location.
    It works with my game (which is located in G:\) so it's a matter of pirated games. Buy it and you will not have any problem.

No, It's not a pirated copy.

I have Shogun 2 installed on the D drive, and I can't get this too work for me

same here i have my steam installed on one drive "C:" and most of my games installed on another "G:"
    is there any way to direct the tool to a new path?

How can I download it?

i need help how i download the mod

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast