Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sinfonia Semplice (Sound Fixing Tool)

Default Sinfonia Semplice (Sound Fixing Tool)

Sinfonia Semplice is an automated tool to fix the corrupted sounds problem encountered when playing Shogun 2 with most unit mods. Simply run Sinfonia Semplice after installing your mods and corrected sound packs will be built and activated in your user script. To remove the sound packs created by Sinfonia Semplice edit your user script found at '%APPDATA%/The Creative Assembly/Shogun2/scripts/user.script.txt' and remove the line 'mod "Sinfonia Semplice.pack";' and also remove 'Sinfonia Semplice.pack' from your 'total war shogun 2/data' directory. Please note that every time you change unit mods you will need to re-run Sinfonia Semplice to get the correct sounds. Also, if any of your mods include modded sound packs then the packs Sinfonia Semplice generates will replace them, causing the modded sounds not to work.

The sound issue can manifest in very subtle ways and is affected by many things. As such it is possible that errors will still remain after running Sinfonia Semplice. If you find such an error please report it in this thread and upload your user script and either upload all the mods you are using or point me to a download location for them.

Mod Makers: Please feel free to distribute Sinfonia Semplice with your mods and/or integrate it into any installation script you may have, but please ensure you do not hide the window and it's copyright notices.

Moderators: Although this is a tool, it is primarily aimed at mod users rather than mod makers, hence my placing this thread in Mod Threads forum rather than the Mod Workshop forum.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by crux3D; December 21, 2014 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Updated Sinfonia Semplice to work with installations outside the primary Steam directory (untested).

ShimazuClan's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Sinfonia Semplice (Sound Fixing Tool)

Does it also fix the cheering sounds during the Generals speech?
    The Shimazu Clan has conquered this spot.

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

All fixed for me. Thanks .

+rep

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Looks really simple. Need test this one today.

Edit: Fixed perfectly! Here is your +rep!
    Last edited by Noif de Bodemloze; June 11, 2012 at 06:30 PM.

Kurisu Paifuaa's Avatar Biarchus

crux3D,

Is this identical to the last Symphony version, with exception to being automated? In any case, nice job. Much more convenient even without log or output options.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimazuClan View Post
    Does it also fix the cheering sounds during the Generals speech?
    I believe that's strictly a problem with debug camera when it's active. It also breaks DoF if there is no general's speech. Try Daniu's camerazoom mod instead of debug camera if that's the case.

ShimazuClan's Avatar Civis

Oh okay Thanks.
    The Shimazu Clan has conquered this spot.

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Many thanks good Sir for this great tool. This helps a lot and i think users can easily use this without having any troubles. Excelent and +rep.

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

nice thanks mate
    ~My Rome 2 Mods~
    No Moral, Land and Naval
    ---------------------------
    ~My Shogun 2 Mods~
    1 Turn Buildings all campaigns
    ---------------------------
    No unit moral, Land and Naval

I have to say that your tool is the best thing that's come around for me regarding Shogun 2. I started playing after the sound bug, and could not stand to use any extra units, as that gunfire for bows stuff just annoyed me to the max. Now, I'm able to create units of my own, run your tool, and they work seamlessly. Too bad most units available on TWC are outdated by the last patch, it seems, anyway.

Thanks alot for your effort and hard work, it's greatly appreciated.
    I will be +repping you as soon as I can.

You've already helped me using Symphony, but this is just awesome.

While I don't need the tool now, I'm grabbing it with my thanks in case I make more units.

Just awesome.

This is why I will be a lifelong PC gamer. Folks like you and tools like this. If this was on console - we'd be screwed.

Douchebag's Avatar Vicarius

I keep getting this error message

"aum_sho_mod.pack" is the Addititonal Units Mod

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=429938

Douchebag, you're getting that message because Aum-Sho has a couple of outdated unit tables since the last patch. I'm sure that it will be updated sometime soon, but the guy who made that mod is recovering from surgery at the moment.

In the meantime try Radious' unit mods here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=440070. They are great also.

This tool is great but i get an error since the last patch. "Failed finding pack file dependency" for patch21.pack. It is looking for patch_fots5.pack but i do not have FOTS yet. Any ideas?

Hey crux3D,

I've been running Radious' Unit Pack 3 with the lastest version of DarthMod without problems, but today I noticed that several of Radius' units have wrong sounds, when I run Sinfonia Semplice to fix these it breaks my game. Even if I remove Sinfonia from the data folder and from the script my game it is still broken (crashes at disclaimer screen). Only way to fix it is to reinstall and live with the wrong sounds..

Any idea how else to fix the wrong sounds?

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

Wow , Thank you very much !!!

This thread should be a sticky , i almost went mad when i played ROTS and then suddenly levy archers had the sound of Parrott guns , i almost made a heart attack !
    And then i stumbled on this thread , and now everything is fixed thanks to this program ! amazing stuff

Atheist Dane , have you tried deleting the new entries in your user.script.txt in %appdata%/CA/..../scripts/ ?
    Last edited by DeMolay; July 19, 2012 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torio View Post
    This tool is great but i get an error since the last patch. "Failed finding pack file dependency" for patch21.pack. It is looking for patch_fots5.pack but i do not have FOTS yet. Any ideas?
    Yep I'm getting this error message too. Sick of being deafened by bow units (making cannon sounds)
    Help!

Kurisu Paifuaa's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by AtheistDane View Post
    Hey crux3D,

I've been running Radious' Unit Pack 3 with the lastest version of DarthMod without problems, but today I noticed that several of Radius' units have wrong sounds, when I run Sinfonia Semplice to fix these it breaks my game. Even if I remove Sinfonia from the data folder and from the script my game it is still broken (crashes at disclaimer screen). Only way to fix it is to reinstall and live with the wrong sounds..

Any idea how else to fix the wrong sounds?
    Hmm... yeah, using the tool to create a fix pack can't break your game. The pack it generates and the script entry are the only things it produces, no other changes. If it worked before, it should work just the same after you remove those. Make absolutely certain you are removing sinfonia semplice.pack from the data directory and only deleting the entire user.script.txt if it contains no other entries. If it does, you need to edit the file and only remove the line for that pack. The error likely lies in that procedure.

If you want a fixed sound pack for multiple mods, you should clean any integrated fix from them (i.e remove the sounds_packed directory from all present mods). DM either has it integrated or includes a separate pack containing it. Likewise for Radious Units if he's included a fix there. Also, SS doesn't work ideally with multiple units tables, so merging DM and Radious units tables would give you best results. DM's table is an edited copy of the vanilla table (no new units) if I recall correctly. If Radious Units mod contains strictly custom units, you can easily append his entries and delete the original Radious unit table. Although you might get an acceptably working pack without that step, that would be best practice, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiver me TIMbers View Post
    Yep I'm getting this error message too. Sick of being deafened by bow units (making cannon sounds)
    Help!
    Take a look over in the Corrupted Sounds discussion thread in the workshop for a workaround. Or just make an empty fots patch to get the tool to run, it's getting hung up on a technicality.
    Last edited by Kurisu Paifuaa; July 19, 2012 at 06:18 PM.

Doesn't seem to be working with the new patch.....

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    Doesn't seem to be working with the new patch.....

Works fine, just always when you want use it, move out of the data folder latest patch_fots5.pack and replace it by fake one (same name, just empty), then run the tool, it will work and then put original fots5.pack back. Fake can be easily created in pfm or found in tools section here on twc.

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

ooh I see, didn't realize I had to do that. Thanks.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast