Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: [REL] TROM3 1.9 BETA 4 *Updated 27 Junly 2012*

Default [REL] TROM3 1.9 BETA 4 *Updated 27 Junly 2012*

TROM3 1.9 BETA 4

Welcome to a new installment of TROM3 for the the original Shogun 2, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai. This version hopefully resolves the sound bug plagueing all unit mods since CA changed the sound system for FotS. To get rid of this bug I incorporated the preliminary TROM3 FotS mod into my main mod. Many thanks to crux3D who made it possible to squish this bug with his sound pack tool!

Now also incorporated into TROM3 is a special version of the famous AUM mod by Swiss Halberdier with a number of custom made AUM units carefully implemented. Read about it below.

NEW IN BETA 4

- Fixed sound issues with the latest CA patch.

NEW IN BETA 3

- Fixed problem in FotS and S2 with some units not becoming unlocked after their associated tech was researched.

NEW IN BETA 2

NOTE: RotS and FotS savegames will not work with BETA 2! If your game crashes when trying to access the custom battles menue navigate to C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly and delete everything in the battle_preferences and the army_setups folder.

- Added the Blood & Smoke mod by Mech_Donald as optional file.
    - Integrated the deployment zone mod by FreelancerX
    - Updated the fix for the sound bug with the help of crux3D symphony tool.
    - Made buildings and techs in FotS fully modable.
    - Added a rudimentary encyclopedia update for FotS techs and buildings only.

AUM for TROM3

New Units

- Christian Matchlock Fanatics (AUM: Christian Matchlock Samurai): More a "what if" unit then truely historical, the christian matchlock fanatics are recruitable from higher level churches with a nanban trade port as a secondary requirement. Their unit stats are between ashigaru and matchlock samurai, but with increased moral and slightly lower recruitment costs and upkeep. All samurai tech bonuses apply to them. They have a unit cap of 2.
    - Nanban Matchlock Mercenaries: Another "what if" unit that is available from a dilemma if you own a nanban trade quarter (see extra feature below). They are a disciplined force well trained in the use of sabres and muskets (cap of 4).
    - Naginata Ashigaru Mercenaries: Early ashigaru were often equipped with a wide assortment of weapons taken from battlefields including naginatas. These 160 men units have better melee stats then other early yari ashigaru and are available as mercenaries from market buildings (unit cap of 2).
    - Katana Ashigaru Mercenaries: These 200 men units are equipped with katanas only and are available as mercenaries from market buildings (unit cap of 4). Their biggest advantage is their numbers.
    - Naginata Ronin: Ronin samurai equipped with you guess what. Only available for the Ikko Ikki with a unit cap of 2.
    - Yari Hoshi-musha (AUM: Yari Warrior Monks): Spear armed clerical warriors. Better against cavalry but somewhat weaker against infantry then naginata hoshi-musha. Available from the pilgrim hostel or the great shrine with a unit cap of 2. All bonuses for naginata monks apply to them.
    - No-dashi Yamabushi (AUM: No-Dashi Warrior Monks): These elite mountain warrior monks wear fearsome two handed weapons (represented by the no-dachi). They are only available with a mountain hermitage or a fortified monastery. You can have one unit of these elite fighers. All bonuses for naginata monks apply to them.
    - Yabusame Great Guard (AUM: Great Guard Bow Cavalry): These elite horse archers are only available for those who become Shogun and are capped to a single unit.
    - Yabusame Monk Cavalry (AUM: Bow Warior Monks Cavalry): Rare unit of monks trained in shooting from horseback. For Ikko Ikki and Uesugi only (cap of 2)

Extra Feature

"Opening the Gates": A new dilemma for daimyos with a nanban trade quarter: Do you completely open up your country to western influences for additional economic benefits and military support, or do you confine the Nanban influence for better relations with your population and other clans?

CREDITS

Swiss Halberdier - AUM Creator
    JFC -unit icons
    Tinrod - unit icons
    ToonTotalWar - re-textured historical bows
    SaengsaWang - unit variant model of the "Christian Matchlock Samurai"
    crux3D - squisher of the sound bug

Fall of the Samurai Changes

Land Battles

- Massive change to ranged combat: Range of weapons is more realistic and units fire with multiple rows which gives battles a much more chaotic feel. Ballistics were changed to make the kill rate scale with range, so close up volleys are more deadly.
    - Redid all unit stats for a less extreme rock-paper-scissor system (WIP).
    - More realistic fatigue: Units tire quicker when in combat.
    - Reworked moral for more realistic behaviour of troops.
    - Reduced damage and accuracy of artillery.
    - Reduced damage of naval bombardments on the battlefield.
    - Units are spread out sligthly more to reflect the more open formations of that age.
    - Traditional samurai units have more men. This makes assaults of melee units on shooters more intense.
    - Improved battle formations for armies with a lot of line infantry (WIP...more to come).
    - Halved casualities from falls when scaling walls.
    - Adjusted unit abilities (WIP).
    - Revolver cavarly is less overpowered.
    - United States Marines use repeating carbines instead of a rifle.
    - Increased unit size of cavalry to 90 men.
    - Reduced unit size of garrisons to 160 men.
    - Samurai heroes can use whistling arrows.
    - Reduced the cooldown of shrapnel shots to 90 sec and made shrapnel shots bounce when hitting the ground.
    - Fixed a vanilla bug with supression fire making enemy units run quicker instead slower! If suppressed a unit will run with 25% less speed for 45 seconds and has 4 less moral. Your own unit has -20 accuracy but +20 reload rate.
    - Limbered artillery has less hitpoints (13 to be exact representing the total number of crewmen for each gun).
    - Jozai troops move 5% quicker in battles instead of hardly noticable 2%.
    - Increased unit size of cavalry to 90 men.
    - Reduced unit size of garrisons to 160 men.
    - Samurai heroes can use whistling arrows.
    - Added bayonets for some rifle and line infantry (Thanks to IGdood & KUNGFUSERGE!)

Naval Battles

- Reduced the effectiveness of advanced ammunition somewhat.
    - Ships are less likely to catch fire.
    - Increased moral of ships.

Campaign Related Gameplay Changes

- Changed victory conditions to allow for longer campaigns (short & long campaign: +2 years; domination campaign: +4 years)
    - Improved autocalculations for battles (more losses for the winner)
    - Removed a number of cheats for the AI (especially the unit upgrade cheat).
    - Lowered tax income in the late game.
    - Increased the chance of events.
    - Units gain experience slower.
    - Minimum unit size is now 15% (instead of 5%). A unit below this size gets disbanded.
    - Lowered some stat bonuses from buildings.
    - Military hospitals have a smaller local effect on replenishment but got an additional global bonus (2%).
    - Added costal defences to ports.
    - Habours can establish trade now.
    - Increased recruitment time of all units by one turn to make battles more decisive (since reinforcements take longer to get for both player and AI)
    - Increased movement range for land (33%) and naval units (50%). Gunbots and Torpedoboats have a higher range then other ships.
    - Ishin Shishi/Shinsengumi actions are 20% more expensive.
    - Agents (with the exception of generals) level slower.
    - Changed realm divide. You now have a chance to keep some allies when choosing to become a republic.
    - Dynamic recruitment caps: Advanced artillery, veteran land units and heavy ships all have dynamic recruitment caps now. The number of units you can get increases with additional buildings that can recruit that type of unit or improving existing buildings.
    - Changed range of all costal defences to 12. Ports are still different in terms of firepower and resilence.
    - Lowering taxes has a stronger effect on town growth.
    - Copper plated ships are now worth to get: They have a greater campaign movement range, move quicker on the battlefield and are better armoured then their wooden variant.
    - Increased the number of recruitment slots of castles by 1.
    - Changed autocalc so taking castles is more difficult.
    - The AI gets more money on higher diffculty levels.
    - Train stations and railway companies incease the local replenisment rate and the global ammunition count (for the latter you need several buildings to see a difference). This represents the easier distribution of supplies.
    - Agents (with the exception of generals) level slower.
    - Changed realm divide. You now have a chance to keep some allies when choosing to become a republic.

CREDITS

IGdood - bayonet mod
    Kungfuserge - bayonet mod

INSTALLATION

Remove any previous installed TROM3 files including the preliminary TROM3 FotS mod if you have it. It's now included into the main TROM3 pack. Unzip the archive and install the TROM3_Campaign_and_Battle_Mod.pack into ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\total war shogun 2\data. To deinstall the mod, just remove the file. To install any TROM3 submod read the additional readmes for them.

DOWNLOAD HERE
    Last edited by Yarkis de Bodemloze; July 27, 2012 at 09:31 AM.

Default Re: [REL] TROM3 1.9 BETA *AUM units plus FotS mod included*

Thanks!

Rejoice! I can pick up S2TW again!

Glad to see you back, Yarkis. Love your work.

Nice, thx!!!

Isn't there a better deployment zone mod out already? Why not use that one?

I will try to get hold of it if you don't mind that I replace your mod. Any plans for updating your icons mod for the S2 campaign?

Sorry but I don't have time and I don't see the point since CA added the unit type icons on the cards already. My ambush mod is outdated, there's no use keeping it.

True. I forgot that CA changed the icon overlays.

Elianus's Avatar Ordinarius

Great work as always Yarkis. There is one thing that I found odd. The shaguma, haguma and koguma units are using bayonets. I might be wrong but all the pictures I have seen show these guys using swords, not bayonets. My suggestion is to equip them with swords, making them better against other infantry but weaker against cavalry.
    EDIT: Well, MOST infantry. They should still lose against units like katana kachi and especially shogitai.
    Last edited by Elianus; June 12, 2012 at 07:19 PM.
    ''Πας μη Έλλην, βάρβαρος.''

Very good job and great mod.
    Any plan on expending the use of the AOR roads to give region bonus without the use of region specialty.? This could give you perhaps more freedom like food bonus for very fertile land, or accuracy bonus etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias the great View Post
    Very good job and great mod.
    Any plan on expending the use of the AOR roads to give region bonus without the use of region specialty.? This could give you perhaps more freedom like food bonus for very fertile land, or accuracy bonus etc...
    No plans for that. Conquering a province already gives you more money, access to AOR troops and bonuses through buildings. It would mostly be be more of the same.

Fantastic! Tried Vanilla FOTS in your hiatus and was quick to quit.

Gonna log more hours now!

Default Re: [REL] TROM3 1.9 BETA 2 *Updated 16 June 2012*

Updated the Beta. RotS and FotS savegames are not compatible (S2 should work).

I noticed that the battle ai does not move his general during castle siege. Is this intentional, or did I install this incorrectly. I'm referring to Shogun 2 original game, not FoTS. Thanks.

It seems that I am unable to recruit Matchlock Kachi with the Traditional Dojo and the Shih technology. When I hover over the tooltip for the Traditional Dojo it stating that i haven't researched the tech yet (even though i have).
    Last edited by Gorhaax; June 17, 2012 at 03:56 PM.
    Rome > Darthmod Med2:K > SS6.4, Rule_Brittania, Broken Crescent Empire > Empire Realism Napoleon > Darthmod Shogun 2 > True Samurai, [WIP] Mettle Blades and Skills

Tired of changing steam Launcher options for Med 2/Kingdoms mods? use Kingdoms App Launcher

Funniest Thread in Rome 2 history: The new "you got the sandals wrong" thread.

Kurisu Paifuaa's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis de Bodemloze View Post
    - Added the Blood & Smoke mod by Mech_Donald as optional file.
    LOL. I had just spent a few days looking at the common projectile tables for both mods and working up a compatible BSM version

Oh well. I was stuck anyway trying to figure out what to do with the custom projectile types. At least now I'm familiar with the bulk of the variables. Yarkis, could I bug you to upload whatever unknowns you have labels for to Daniu?

Off to go play (finally). Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gorhaax View Post
    It seems that I am unable to recruit Matchlock Kachi with the Traditional Dojo and the Shih technology. When I hover over the tooltip for the Traditional Dojo it stating that i haven't researched the tech yet (even though i have).
    Oh, I think I know why this happens. Will fix it until the end of the week. The same problem should occure with some ship types in S2. Wonder why nobody reported it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by epaacccc View Post
    I noticed that the battle ai does not move his general during castle siege. Is this intentional, or did I install this incorrectly. I'm referring to Shogun 2 original game, not FoTS. Thanks.
    Didn't change them. What exactly is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu Paifuaa View Post
    LOL. I had just spent a few days looking at the common projectile tables for both mods and working up a compatible BSM version

Oh well. I was stuck anyway trying to figure out what to do with the custom projectile types. At least now I'm familiar with the bulk of the variables. Yarkis, could I bug you to upload whatever unknowns you have labels for to Daniu?

Off to go play (finally). Thanks
    Oops.

what is this file, I dont find any readme for it?

TROM3_x_BSM_v1.2.pack

Optional blood & smoke mod.

Thanks

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast