Thread: [ACW] FAQ and Links - Read this or Devīs wont reply to you

Icon5 [ACW] FAQ and Links - Read this or Devīs wont reply to you

Hopefully this small FAQ helps you to find what you are searching for and us to save some time.

Main reason for a direct crash:
    Itīs important to start steam manually before you start the mod.
    If it crashes, reboot the pc, then start steam, then the mod.
    It should be solved, when not there can only be other mod files or corrupted/damaged files. In that case read the next point below.

Tech help Q: I have a technical problem!/ My mod isn't working!/ Need help with an install!/ Is this mod compatible with mod XY?/ And similar questions.
    A: We have the Technical Help Sub-forum where you can get help. There are threads for the most common problems and beside that we are very active with helping people.
    Posts about technical problems in other sections of the forum will be deleted, moved or ignored. We put countless hours of work into this project, so we believe it is fair when you take a few minutes to look where your question should be posted.

Technical Help Sub-forum

Q:I have technical problems with this mod but I don't have an original game!
    A: If you are using torrent/pirate version of the game, don't even bother to post here. Your posts will be ignored and deleted. We don't support piracy on this Forum and we strongly suggest you go and buy the original game.

Download Q: Where are the download links for this mod?
    A: Links for downloading any supported versions of the mod can be found in the ACW Download Links Thread. Thread is regularly updated and we have a good supply of various mirrors to enable download for all users.

Settings Q: What are the game settings for this mod?
    A: The mod is designed to fit mostly all game settings (campaign/battle difficulty, unit size). But you will get the best results when using these settings:

Campaign difficulty: hard or very hard
    Battle difficulty: normal or hard
    Unit size: medium or large

However, if you experience graphics problems on certain unit size (memory crashes etc.) try to lower your graphics settings. Also, when reporting such ctd's please do tell us what graphics settings you are currently using.

Feedback Q: Please include X or Y in your mod.
    A: The mod is being developed on daily basis. We build upon stable version and add many more things. If you cannot find what you are looking for, feel welcome to post in the "Feedback & Discussion" thread.

Q: Why my feedback post/posts isn't/aren't answered to?
    A: Don't be alarmed. Although we don't answer to every single feedback post rest assured that we read everything you report. Good, elaborate and constructive (even critic) posts will usually remain unanswered as we take them into consideration immediately and discuss possible implementation of suggested changes.

Multiplayer Q: Is anybody playing this mod in multiplayer?
    A: Many people. We have a steam group and a thread for this. See here.
    However, from the open beta 3.5 there is a "sync" problem when using the newest beta. Issue is caused by larger deployment zones.

Betatesters Q: I wanna be a beta tester of ACW, what should I do?
    A: We have our fair share of beta testers so don't get your hopes high. You can send a pm to either Shokh or Minas Moth. After that, we will keep you in mind and if such occasion arises we will ask you to beta test.
    Last edited by Minas Moth; March 28, 2013 at 07:20 AM. Reason: updating the information; MM