Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Official Downloads in One Thread! (09/06/12)

Default Re: Official Downloads in One Thread! (09/06/12)

i spelt for wrong

debux's Avatar Senator

You just have to merge both "data" files, it's as simple as that (and overwrite all the old files). I'm assuming you were already able to decompress the download with WinZip or 7Zip.
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Anyway can you please send me the folder that has the other folders compressed?

Foederatus

Hey, first forum post.

I need some (a lot) of help... I am really keen on Greece and its history. So I really like playing with them in RTW. Saw this mod, thought it look great. Seen it's someone what inactive, still. I need help installing the mod.

So if can help me, I'd be thankful. I'll wait and see if anyone replies before posting ym actual probelm.

The mod is dormant I guess you could say. What do you need help with?

Foederatus

After I download and extract the mod, copied and pasted the data file, I've copied the desktop shortcut and are I the properties short cut tab, I add in what's needed but it says it can't be found

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Okay in your RTW directory you have your data folder. You also need to have a folder labeled 'THS'. In this THS folder will be the data folder that you downloaded. Then there will be the data folder from the patch. Merge that data folder with the folder inside of THS. Then make the shortcut and it should be able to work. It sounds like you don't have the THS folder and merged the new data folders with the main RTW data folder. Hope this helps

Foederatus

Thanks ahow, I'll have to wait until the weekend however.

Please let me know if it works or not

Foederatus

Well, I followed your advice as well as I could. But I'm a retard with mods

I ended up with...
    The name 'C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - TotalWar\RomeTW.exe nm -show_err -mod:THS' specified in the Target box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name are correct.

"C:\Game Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -show_err mod:THS

Try that one above, it is what I use. When you open up your RTW folder is there a THS folder inside of it?

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by ahowl11 View Post
    "C:\Game Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -show_err mod:THS

Try that one above, it is what I use. When you open up your RTW folder is there a THS folder inside of it?
    I'll try that, and the THS folder is there yeah

It should work then

Foederatus

It works, but not in the way I want
    The shortcut starts normal RTW...

Wow I'm bad with mods, even for me this has taken in a whole new level of retardness, sorry.

I honestly do not know why it wouldn't work

debux's Avatar Senator

Hey, sorry that there isn't much going on, in the sense that more people can help you, but I just finished my finals. And thanks, ahowl for trying your best, I'm quite stumped myself too.

First of all, welcome, SonOfApollo! Hope you have a pleasant stay. Whereas you're first ionteraction here hasn't been very fruitful, I hope you'll be a lot more successful in the future.

As a matter of fact, can I ask you for a favour, in order to know better of what could be going wrong in your side? Can you please post screenshots of your main RTW directory, the THS directory, and the Shortcut tab of the Properties of your THS Shortcut?
    Linky linky to my last.fm profile! Clicky clicky! If you like anything that ranges from breakbeat to downtempo/chillout, from house to drum & bass, you might find something new in between! (Artist suggestions are more than welcome )

Tiro

Inside the first THS folder there is a second THS folder and a readme.

1) I renamed the first THS folder, 2) I renamed the readme to "readme THS", 3) I cut and pasted the readme and the second THS folder in the RTW folder, and 4) I deleted the first, renamed and now empty THS folder.

Laetus

Icon5 Re: Official Downloads in One Thread! (09/06/12)

Quote Originally Posted by debux View Post
    -The Hellenic States v1.0
    Mirror 1 (Moddb)
    Mirror 2 (Rapidshare, oddly enough, it seems the link is semi-broken. If you receive a notice that the file isn't found, reload the page, and it should be solved)
    Mirror 3 (TWCenter)
    Hey man, mod looks awesome and REALLY keen, BUT...I tried d/loading it from Mirror 1, found out I had to d/load 7zip (which I did), I tried saving the file via the d/load links AND opening it with 7zip and they both just saved to my d/loads. I double clicked the d/loaded file (THS.7z) and it quickly pops up with a black screen with white writing on it for literally like a split second and disappears and nothing happens help would be much appreciated as I really wanna try this mod out

PS - tried Mirrors 2 and 3 and neither worked from the moment I clicked the links...

Laetus

*THS-1.7z

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12