Thread: Ming Mercenaries

Default Ming Mercenaries

"My people were perfecting the arts of crafting and fighting with swords when your kind were still living in primitive huts, savage."

You can recruit foreign troops in FotS, so why not in good ol' Sengoku Jidai? These mercenaries have superior defense to Samurai, but less attack and morale. The changdao troops don't hit as hard as no-dachi, but have a decent anti-cavalry bonus.

Both are recruited from the same structures as their Japanese equivalents, but require a trade port.

I wanted to due Joseon (Korean) cavalry mercenaries that would have low armor but better charge than Great Guard, but there simply aren't any skins in the game that can remotely pass for Korean clothing/armor.

Default Re: Ming Mercenaries

you forgot to give the changdao the bonus vs cavalry stat :p just an fyi neat idea though

meant on the stats list popup but yeah anyway good stuff.. to bad you cant edit some textures for these to make them look a bit more realistic ^_^
    Last edited by Funktasticmo; June 12, 2012 at 11:56 PM.
    ~My Rome 2 Mods~
    No Moral, Land and Naval
    ---------------------------
    ~My Shogun 2 Mods~
    1 Turn Buildings all campaigns
    No unit moral, Land and Naval

Yeah, I gave them the bonus, but it seems some other variable actually toggles it on or off. No idea what that is though, does anyone know?

they look pretty Japanese...
    well, I guess if there is a way to change the appearance it would be awsome

It's mainly in the helmets, if you can switch those with something without the crescent it might look more Chinese like. Otherwise, for historical accuracy you might just want to focus on the Wakou pirates since they have more of an ethnic mix versus mainland Japan at that time.

Yeah, I'll upload an updated version after I find my way around variant models. Still haven't found out how to enable the anti-cav bonus...

As for historical accuracy, I figure this is ok, stock Total War games have never been terribly accurate. I mean, battlefield ninja? Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by noodlezombie View Post
    ... I mean, battlefield ninja? Come on.

But thats just it... you wouldn't know if they were really there or not.. they are ninja
    ~My Rome 2 Mods~
    No Moral, Land and Naval
    ~My Shogun 2 Mods~
    1 Turn Buildings all campaigns
    No unit moral, Land and Naval

What happened to the download link?

Very true when it comes to the changdao troops concrete refinishing chattanooga