Thread: Does AI play by the same rules

Default Does AI play by the same rules

I was wondering if the AI also has the foraging and loss of morale penalties that goes with being in the field too long (when using the BGR submod of course)? I noticed that the French faction has many units hovering around Paris for along period of time. Now I am not sure whether the AI transfers units in and out of the city/castle to "rest" the troops or not.

Default Re: Does AI play by the same rules

My guess is that this is just a PC thing, because if it also applied to the AI, it would probably wreck them completely given their normally idiotic playstyle

Just like on Hard/Very Hard in battle. The AI doesn't get any smarter. It just gets more pimped out/buffed unit stats, which is more frustrating than it is fun.
    "He who wishes to be the best for his people, must do that which is necessary - and be willing to go to hell for it."

Let the Preservation, Advancement and Evolution of Mankind be our Greater Good.

And NO, my avatar is the coat of arms from the Teutonic Knightly Order because they're awesome.

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Default Re: Does AI play by the same rules

Quote Originally Posted by godfather_77 View Post
    I was wondering if the AI also has the foraging and loss of morale penalties that goes with being in the field too long (when using the BGR submod of course)? I noticed that the French faction has many units hovering around Paris for along period of time. Now I am not sure whether the AI transfers units in and out of the city/castle to "rest" the troops or not.
    The AI factions use a supply system tailored to their ability, but only in BGRV. So for example if multiple invading ai armies devastate the forage in a particular player region then they begin to consume supplies same as the player and when out of supplies they will starve and be easier to defeat. This means when faced with an overwhelming invasion that the player can pursue a scorched earth policy, devastating his own land and counter attacking when the enemy weakens. Particularly useful in the vast eastern regions.

However, ai factions don't devastate their own land.
    Last edited by Byg; June 10, 2012 at 03:49 AM.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E