• 1 Worse

3 1.30%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Rate the CoW mod

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: Poll: Rate the CoW mod

Quote Originally Posted by Fedual View Post
    I havent tried it yet but i can rate the download speed from extabit.com, its really bad

Regards, Fedual

P.S I am a graphics freak, I more or less need TATW units, that kind of detail for it to be entertaining for me to play. Will this mod seal my expectations? or even better will this mod go beyond my expectations?
    If you're looking for TATW quality, then this mod will not disappoint

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    If you're looking for TATW quality, then this mod will not disappoint
    glad to hear it, 3 more hours of downloading and i will be able try it out

Love the mod, but I just wish the difficulty wasn't so brutal. Having multiple full elite stacks popping up in the middle of my territory to lay waste to my little province every ten turns is not fun.
    Last edited by Lord Golog; July 05, 2012 at 10:01 AM.

The_Historian's Avatar Foederatus

I LOVE CoW/RotDG (or whatever other name that it'll change to in the unforeseeable future) ! The change in gameplay that each individual faction brings out is simply astounding! The amount of tactical diversity that each unit of each race brings to the table is always fun to play around with. The possibilities with the game are nigh endless and the amount of hours I've invested in playing it are full of fun filled twists and turns. Never a boring second during the game, really. I'm thankful to the team to bring about a breathtaking mode with awesome detail.

Now...if Reiksfart would release the Hardcore Fantasy Battle Campaign...my life in the real world would surely end
    Aspiring Writer

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=548621
    ^Whispers of Temptation.
    Written by yours truly

I'd love to rate it - just as soon as bitshare stops telling me that I can't download it because I exceeded my daily traffic. By downloading part 1 of the install. I swear, if this takes me three days to download because of a stupid website not doing what I want it to do, I am going to be a VERY unhappy person. Partly because I go on vacation in TWO days and my computer isn't going with me (being a desktop and all) so I'd have to wait a week before downloading part III and actually PLAYING the mod. Perhaps hosting the mod on a more user-friendly website would be wise? Like Gamefront?

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Torrent here, it has english translation included and more:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=525138

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    Torrent here, it has english translation included and more:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=525138
    Err, yes. TheHolyPilgrim already directed my attention to this. Thanks for being helpful, though!

sheba021's Avatar Civis

9/10 because I don't wanna spoil you

Mindblowing mod though, thanks for the hard work team!

Proud2bGreek's Avatar Foederatus
    Close to Alexander the greats birthplace.

I would give it a 3 ,if i it would let me vote xD ,because of too many buildings of little use,that cost very very veeeeeeeery much.I cant decide which building to construct because none of them gives any benefit worth the money.Also i dont like the sheer numbers of the enemy armies.Maybe the mod focuses too much on the battles and less in the management of the empire,and that's not good at all. On the other hand the mod has very very nice graphics,some of the best units i found in all TW mods and very nice music.That creates an atmosphere that makes you want to play it,but as soon as you see the building queue ,building prices and the hundreds of armies marching towards your cities,it makes you rethink your decision of spending some hours playing it.

Aside from recognizing music from Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Dark Souls, which totally threw me for a loop, this mod is excellent. Haven't gotten into the campaign yet, but I've had tons of fun in the custom battle mode.

The Chaos factions are insanely overpowered, but I get the feeling that's intentional (I don't know much about Warhammer to be honest, but I do know that Chaos is basically supposed to be the Unstoppable Legions of Doom).

The Imperial factions have difficulty in holding the line together unless they're fully upgraded in terms of weapons and armor, but I also understand that they're focus is more on devastating ranged weapons than their front line troops anyway so it's acceptable.

Dwarves are really hardy, and as such make for excellent front line troops. Elves are about as good as you'd expect all around, because, well, Elves.

Kislev definitely has that Eastern European vibe to it, and good God I freaked out when I realized their bear cavalry had the equivalent of Polish Hussars for riders. You do not underestimate the Hussars.

The Confederacy has some decent troops in their roster, and I'm enjoying the Roman Legion theme of their more elite troops. Definitely a match for the Imperial factions, so long as there's not a bridge in between them. Because, well, guns and guns.

Add in the absolutely huge roster of mercenaries allowing for many totally unique army make-ups per faction, and the awesome model and texture work, and everything else that went into this, and I'd say it's definitely one of the best mods out there! Now I just need to find a "Warhammer Universe for Dummies" guide or something. Or I can just check TvTropes.....

9/10

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Quote Originally Posted by Proud2bGreek View Post
    I would give it a 3 ,if i it would let me vote xD ,because of too many buildings of little use,that cost very very veeeeeeeery much.I cant decide which building to construct because none of them gives any benefit worth the money.Also i dont like the sheer numbers of the enemy armies.Maybe the mod focuses too much on the battles and less in the management of the empire,and that's not good at all. On the other hand the mod has very very nice graphics,some of the best units i found in all TW mods and very nice music.That creates an atmosphere that makes you want to play it,but as soon as you see the building queue ,building prices and the hundreds of armies marching towards your cities,it makes you rethink your decision of spending some hours playing it.
    The mod is based in the Chaos Storm event, which is basically everything attacks Empire and it was barelly stopped You might wanna try other factions than Empire, they play very differently, for example Dark-elves give a pretty script free playthrough, and you can do own stuff at own pace. New builidngs cost a lot to build, but upgrading them is cheaper and faster, which makes sense imo, and it forces you to think a bit what to build where.

Black_Nebula's Avatar Tiro

This mod is really fun, if not just hard as hell. I love the units, absoloutly gorgeous! The stack spam is a little over the top. It is really hard to progress forward because you have to constanty watch you back for magicly apearing armies. I don't mind a little stack spam, but at the moment it is a little too much. It does'nt relly feel like you are trying to build an empire, but more just defend one, and if you are to aproach an enemy territory, it does'nt really matter, full stacks will be right back. That is where I think this mod lacks a little, your choices really have no effect and there is very little stratagy outside of how fast you can get an army togather, feels a little like an arcade game.

On the good side, I love the merc system, very cool.Trying the different factions is pretty fun. Tone down the stack spam and I'm sold.
    "I find your lack of faith...disturbing" -DV

The units are gorgeous, and most are durable enough that you can actually get quite some time to look at them on the battlefield map. That's always a plus. The campaign is sufficiently challenging, which is a real bonus for this mod.

As a side note, the music is well chosen. I love playing and hearing tunes from some of my favorite fantasy games/movies come on, instead of just bland music that is easy to ignore. Good battle tunes make the fighting just that much more epic.

Well done. 8/10, because there's always room for improvement.

I like this mod, it have very detailed units and it is fun mod. I say 9/10.

Centenarius

Good mod

good mod, The units are gorgeous and I can a lot of hard work was devoted to the scripting and lore of the world. However, stack spam is not my cup of tea, the Empire plays like Gondor in TATW times 100. I give it an 8/10 for hard work, and professional feel of the mod,but the Warhammer universe isn't my cup of tea.

excellent mod!! the best mod I have played!!

I did give 10 but as other say mod shoud be polished,it woud be genius to get a english voinces for units,and something shoud be made with too many empire factions - i wknow it's lore like but better woud be to get some new factions like skvens or norsca .
    All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

If I could vote it would get a good 6 if I remain objective. As for fun I could give it even a 10.

The good thing is that it is the only reasonable representation of Warhammer FB aside from a few very old games. The setting is interesting and at least was actual when released. The units are very much lore friendly and some of the Mercenary units are very refreshing. The map is good looking and fairly accurate, if very much flawed for the setting of the mod.

There are many more good things but the mod has some serious flaws if you review it objectively. From the beginning it has felt "Russian" (sorry... but yeah..). Like a lot of unfinished, illogical things thrown together. For one the Border princes faction has no place in the mod (or its setting) and it is one of the worst i have seen put together in many many mods. The map is very badly chosen, leading to quite illogical game play (full armies appear from nowhere, the sealing of the sea of claws, the very bad cut out of the mountains in the West/South, very artificial difficulty).

The units are not balanced in any way really. The UI is quite bad and a lot of uneven quality results in laughable portraits and descriptions. The difficulty is quite random, and does not really provide a challenge unless faced with some of the super units (mages, shamans etc.) and bad luck.

The thing that COW excels in is the number and quality of different units and the WH FB setting. Other than that I do not find much value in it as of now.

Telling someone "if you want TATW quality" is laughable at best, since this mod is quite the opposite in every way. Also the pure fun factor one.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

according to the poll, sigmar heldenhammer doesnt like the storm of chaos, i wonder why

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast