Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cheats or no cheats?

Default Re: Cheats or no cheats?

For me, when playing with cheats I get bored because I mostly use cheats for ''denars'' and teleport and it gets pretty dull after some time.

I think that indeed using cheats is not enjoyable at all because its futile to trade goods for money or looting armor and weapons.Mostly i like playing without them but i'm not against using cheats.I have enable cheats in Warband and usually i only use the fast walking cheat the one with the teleport to a specific spot (ctrl + LMB).Sometimes when the battle is difficult i use the health cheat.

Whenever I play recently, i only use cheats when I am in a big battle, and i am too much invested into the game. So i kinda cheat to avoid losing
    If you rep me, please leave your username so I can rep back
    Formerly known as Sarry. and My Political Profile!

Quote Originally Posted by Morbius Sire View Post
    So i kinda cheat to avoid losing
    I think that's the thing we all do eventually....

Nosjack's Avatar Praepositus

Is playing on 30% difficulty considered cheating?

Otherwise, I never saw any advantage to cheating.

shikaka's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Morbius Sire View Post
    Whenever I play recently, i only use cheats when I am in a big battle, and i am too much invested into the game. So i kinda cheat to avoid losing
    I don't think it is even possible to actually lose?
    As I remember you ALWAYS break free from imprisonment.

The Bold Burgundian's Avatar Ducenarius

*inventory screen*

*Ctrl X*

Eruantien's Avatar Libertus

The money cheat and the levelling up cheat mainly. Else you end up fighting looters for ages :/ and then get your ass kicked by sea raiders.

Overcoming stronger opponents is what makes the early game for me. Conquering the world makes the late game.

Clagius's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by SturmChurro View Post
    I never use cheats. It defeats the purpose of the game for me. Like I haven't earned anything. I always end up deleting the save file if I have, because I am ashamed.
    This happened to me so many times...

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

agility cheat - give myself 1000 so I can outrun horses. It's kind funny to chase cavalry and stab them to death from behind

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Yes, I cheat. Take me to the jail.

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

I give myself 100k money after the 100th, 200th etc days. It speads up the progression.
    In Brytenwalda I jumped over bridges to sail the whole lenght of rivers.
    Cheats are very handy to overcome some game bugs.

I cheat and start myself off at level 30 as well as give myself an extra 100k at the start.

I never cheat and i will never do it because i did it on Rone Total War and the game became extremely boring

Laetus

if you have a huge army, cheats are a life-saver. in battle you can easily lose track of how much damage is being done 2 u

I finally cheated in my campaign i just cooldnt find bandits to train my men so i cheated.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by Jansenfinn View Post
    I finally cheated in my campaign i just cooldnt find bandits to train my men so i cheated.
    To be fair Ctrl + T to see everything on the map is a fairly neccessary cheat for the enjoyment of the game, especially Native. If you play mods and then come back to Native you start to realise how very empty the early game is. There are ridiculously little bandits on the map and finding them is a chore in itself. This was probably to encouage you to do quests but since the majority of quests in this are broken, at least in my opinion.

For instance, we all know what a pain in the whole herding cattle quest is. The quest where you ransom the merchants daughter, the game intentionally seems to pick the further possible location from where you are, which is just pointless travelling. The quest is "Deal with Looters" is a personal bane of mine. You have to deal with these looters around the town, but the second the quest triggers, the looters all run away from the town. Unless you've very high path-finding and spotting, which I guess you don't if you're still doing quests, it's near impossible to catch up with all these parties.

So yeah, CTRL + T is needed

I play normally but sometimes I ctrl-t and ctrl-click. If I'm having a hard time I do occasionally do the money cheat and think of it as winning the 'medieval lottery'.

With my cheated campaign i made The Arabian Sultanete and i conquered most of the Sarranid territory but i put cheats off because it ruined the game experience.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast