Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cheats or no cheats?

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Default Re: Cheats or no cheats?

I generally give myself a couple of levels and 1000 gold to buy starting gear for my class

And sometimes I use teleportation if I havent found a decent companion after exploring half the map.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

M&B is prolly the only game where cheating creates a whole new experience lol
    「戦場廻り、運命決まり、生死しらない」

*Starts game*

Character Screen - Statistics - Export Character

Stats: 10 for all (except Athletics)

One Man Army everything, sell all the junk, rinse, repeat. Fighting 100+ horsemen on your own with superpowers, now that's a challenge. Try doing a Siege with nothing but strafing and a spear.

I like to use cheats just to get the best armor, a few men and then conquer the world. I'm having lots of fun chasing bandits because they die so easily.

I cheat in the last days but I only use ctrl click since the map is so big. Sometime I use alt f4 when the last enemy on the field is calvary and running away from everyone else

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

I tend to use Crtl + T when I get a quest to find and kill bandits. Usually the bandits are half way across the map, some of those quests are just broken, although it could be mods.

I also have my character that import in most games. Although I don't consider that cheating, I just don't like having to start new everytime I want to play a different mod

wolfbane751's Avatar Campidoctor

give myself lots of money get companions go and buy cool looking armor for companions proceed to destroy bandits and sea raiders for phat lewtz

Quote Originally Posted by KingKyle View Post
    I play a campaign with cheats and another without.

I obviously find the one with cheats easier but less enjoyable and vise versa with the campaign without cheats.

Do you use cheats or do you play the game without?
    I never use cheats. It defeats the purpose of the game for me. Like I haven't earned anything. I always end up deleting the save file if I have, because I am ashamed.

In some mods I cheat for weird reasons, one of the mods had had built in cheat function, like choosing items from a giant list of all the items, if say i want all my companions dressed the same, or feel like playing with s small band of riders with repeating pistols or something.( blood and steel good mod, a little old but hey.)

I don't really consider the grind particularly hard, its just a matter of beating on the weak till your strong and then moving on.

Although my favorite cheat is simply turning off companion interactions.... Although in this one mod when they tried to leave i had the dialouge choice "Get back in line, we shoot deserters in this company" which i thought was brilliant and that every mod should have it.
    Last edited by Shaio; August 15, 2012 at 08:54 PM.
    Check out my YouTube videos!

despite being extremely bad at M&B i wouldn't use the cheats it would ruin the game for me because i'd feel like there wasn't any challenge to it anymore and that would just make the game boring for me

Clagius's Avatar Campidoctor

I have never liked cheating. Not my thing, I like to play fair.

i used to cheats on the m&b 1011 but when i switch to warband i'm not cheating anymore

shikaka's Avatar Domesticus

I nearly always cheat in m&b.

- teleport to find the companions I want when I seem to always avoid them
    - to get some items not available in stores (in Song of Taliesin there were no shields in stores which take your coat of arms, or to get the kaftans which nobles wear or the pilgrim outfit)
    - I increase the number of bandit parties (100-200 men) so that I can have a little fun when there is peace

I actually find the phase when I am building up my character fun, it becomes boring to me when I am owning a castle and have to follow that stupid marshall to useless campaigns. (I try to skip this phase and become a king straight from a rogue)

Quote Originally Posted by shikaka View Post
    I actually find the phase when I am building up my character fun, it becomes boring to me when I am owning a castle and have to follow that stupid marshall to useless campaigns. (I try to skip this phase and become a king straight from a rogue)
    I prefer it the other way around. I love owning my own castle and having a highter tier army and a backup (the garrison). The bigger battles, for me, start around this time. Besides if I have enough renown (and I usually do by this time, in Brytenwalda) I don't actually have to follow him around. It is just recommended by the Marshal.

Cheats!

You know what's fun? Maxing out your character's stats at the start, and then turning the cheats off. You stay low for the rest of the game while compiling a good army. After compiling a good army you conquer a castle and then declare war on all countries, and that's when the fun starts.

It's still really challenging. You have to manage your economy well, because your money is sparse. You don't have great equipment. You have to manage battles well because every single soldier counts. However, you have a goal (defending your castle) and that's what makes it much more fun than playing without cheats (which is grinding for ages to get anything remotely decent).

I prefer to not use cheats, because I feel after the grinding and completing of the game I have achieved much more than if I had cheated. Though if I just want a casual playthrough I might cheat, it depends on my mood. Though if there's a glitch like all of my men just running on the spot and not moving I'll cheat.

I;ve used Cheats in extreme cases. Well, it was one time, when I was about to loss my troops and castle in battle, and I got too obsessive about them. They were my babies.
    If you rep me, please leave your username so I can rep back
    Formerly known as Sarry. and My Political Profile!

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

I was playing last night and actually came across a moment where I should have cheat but didn't because it never occured to me.

I was sieging Yalen with my army of 217 men. There was 306 men holding Yalen, mainly those pain in the ass Rhodoks crossbowmen. Even still my army was made up mainly of knights, mamlukes and Nord veterans so I should have taken the town easily. Should have being the main words there. The pathfinding in Yalen seems to be a ed up for the attackers. Once my troops breached through and started pouring on to the wall, the rest of the battle should have been easy but that never happened. Instead my troops spent the remainder of the battle running into the invisible barrier on the side of the ladders trying to get to the enemies on the towers. It didn't occur to them that they have to go on to the wall and around to get to the tower. Only a few troops at a time made it on to the wall and they got shot to bits. I went up myself to at least get rid of the crossbowmen in the towers. Of course I got hit with bolts going under and through my shield and found that clearing the left tower was easy but the right tower was where the enemy reinforcements respawned so once you cleared that tower, they would spawn and you'd get ripped apart with crossbow bolts.

So my army got destoryed because of this and while trying to retreat from Rhodok lands I got captured losing my army. I've been struggling to rebuild since and all because I didn't just hit Ctrl + H and kill the remaining defenders

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    I was playing last night and actually came across a moment where I should have cheat but didn't because it never occured to me.

I was sieging Yalen with my army of 217 men. There was 306 men holding Yalen, mainly those pain in the ass Rhodoks crossbowmen. Even still my army was made up mainly of knights, mamlukes and Nord veterans so I should have taken the town easily. Should have being the main words there. The pathfinding in Yalen seems to be a ed up for the attackers. Once my troops breached through and started pouring on to the wall, the rest of the battle should have been easy but that never happened. Instead my troops spent the remainder of the battle running into the invisible barrier on the side of the ladders trying to get to the enemies on the towers. It didn't occur to them that they have to go on to the wall and around to get to the tower. Only a few troops at a time made it on to the wall and they got shot to bits. I went up myself to at least get rid of the crossbowmen in the towers. Of course I got hit with bolts going under and through my shield and found that clearing the left tower was easy but the right tower was where the enemy reinforcements respawned so once you cleared that tower, they would spawn and you'd get ripped apart with crossbow bolts.

So my army got destoryed because of this and while trying to retreat from Rhodok lands I got captured losing my army. I've been struggling to rebuild since and all because I didn't just hit Ctrl + H and kill the remaining defenders
    That's why you should load up an older save, if you aren't playing realistic. I will usually always make sure I save before I am going to do anything big like a siege or something of the sort for this exact reason.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbane751 View Post
    give myself lots of money get companions go and buy cool looking armor for companions proceed to destroy bandits and sea raiders for phat lewtz

practically my story. Always used cheats since I find the quest boring. I actually never done any quest. I just don't want to get cows for the king or bring some women to another castle.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast