Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cheats or no cheats?

Default Cheats or no cheats?

I play a campaign with cheats and another without.

I obviously find the one with cheats easier but less enjoyable and vise versa with the campaign without cheats.

Do you use cheats or do you play the game without?

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Cheats or no cheats?

I use ctrl + t and ctrl click but thats all

I have one file with no cheats and one without cheats....

But man the game gets more fun with cheats.......

It's really a grind otherwise.....

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

I cheat. Mainly for RP purposes and to avoid a bit of the grind

Does it count as cheating setting the partys of looters, bandits, and sea raiders to like 100+men each?

Cuz I do that often...
    Check out my YouTube videos!

I wouldn' call making the game more difficult a cheat.
    Anyway, I'm also primarily using cheats to get over the initial character-building grind more quickly, which is possibly the only annoying part about the game.

Yeh thats what increasing bandit party sizes does lol, makes the start grind more easy, if the party asizes are like over 120 the lords mostly leave them alone so u never have a hard time finding bandits to beat on.

Although i may have to fight several very hard battles at the start this way.. its like win or fail in the matter of a few battles.
    Check out my YouTube videos!

I have got to Day 700 without cheats in AD 1257 and have got basically no-where other than levelling my character up lots. I finally get a city and it has been besieged by approximately 2200 men. To be honest, I'm not losing it now just because the Marshal wants to go around burning farms instead of doing more important things. Not after having nothing for that long.

alexanderswift's Avatar Senator

Well I never really used cheats before seeing this thread (I completely forget there even were cheats) and trying them out I usually just use them to skip the grind. It's a lot more fun once you're able to go toe to toe with any other unit you'll encounter, before then half of the game is luck and it can be really frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
    Don't try and kill my internet joy.

It is all I have.

I find it really tempting to cheat in vanilla, because it IS frustrating getting caught by bandits, raiders and sea raiders all the time. But in mods like Brytenwalda, where there are so many features, cheating seems kind of pointless.

Eh, I just use it now to skip the grind and get some decent gear to start. It is a looooot more fun skipping the beginning.

It is all I have.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

I remember the first game I played in M&B and I didn't cheat. I loved it! The start was great, trying to get money together to get armour and money was so much fun and I didn't even realise how long it took since it was a totally new experience to me. However, the second time I started a new game, I found the start very tedious and frustrating. Getting caught by bandits and sea raiders constantly just bored me to death and made me want to skip it so I could start sieging castle. So I started cheating and didn't care.

Now, maybe because of Warband, I'm of a different opinion. I don't cheat at all and just enjoy trying to scrap money together. I'm also not rushing myself so I don't care about getting caught by bandits

I sometimes quit and reload my game when particularly misfortunate things happen, for instance, being headshot from across the map.

Hellhound1's Avatar *Knock Knock*

I'll quit and reload if i lose a major battle or something, but apart from that i think cheating takes away from the experience..

Quote Originally Posted by Hellhound1 View Post
    I'll quit and reload if i lose a major battle or something, but apart from that i think cheating takes away from the experience..
    I would consider that to be the cheat that would take the biggest away from the experience.

I generally only stick to money/infinite ammo type of cheats. To get rid of the fluff, I hate using game breaking stuff. I do wish there was a way to heal without cheats however...

It is all I have.

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    I would consider that to be the cheat that would take the biggest away from the experience.
    Its the infinite stuff cheats i dont like. But each to their own.

Its the infinite stuff cheats i dont like. But each to their own.
    But with infinate money, you still have to go out and win the battles. There's no point fighting the major battles if you know you're going to win eventually. I did something similar a few years back when I was younger with Football Manager, thinking the same as you. I ended up winning the Champions League with Tranmere Rovers while still in League One!

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    But with infinate money, you still have to go out and win the battles. There's no point fighting the major battles if you know you're going to win eventually. I did something similar a few years back when I was younger with Football Manager, thinking the same as you. I ended up winning the Champions League with Tranmere Rovers while still in League One!
    I said a major battle, not all the battles ive ever had
    If im going to lose from the outset, then either i dont get involved or i just lose. If theres a fair chance i'll win but then it glitches (like when i got pushed off the walls and stuck hovering over the enemy army until they cut me to pieces) and i end up losing when really i shouldve won, then ill reload.

With the money thing, my army size is dependent upon the amount of money i have, if i had unlimited money id just run everywhere with the largest army i could get and kill everyone.
    As it is, ive got to balance the size of my army with the amount of money i have, if im running low ive gotta get rid of a few troops or capture some more places (which then need garrisoning = more money) so i cant go running up to kings with a full party of 1337 tr00ps and win. Equally if 500 men seige my castle, and ive only got 50 in a part and 100 garrison, im out of there. Ill just come back and take it back later.

I said a major battle, not all the battles ive ever had
    If im going to lose from the outset, then either i dont get involved or i just lose. If theres a fair chance i'll win but then it glitches (like when i got pushed off the walls and stuck hovering over the enemy army until they cut me to pieces) and i end up losing when really i shouldve won, then ill reload.
    Oh well that's different. I would reload in that case then

With the money thing, my army size is dependent upon the amount of money i have, if i had unlimited money id just run everywhere with the largest army i could get and kill everyone.
    As it is, ive got to balance the size of my army with the amount of money i have, if im running low ive gotta get rid of a few troops or capture some more places (which then need garrisoning = more money) so i cant go running up to kings with a full party of 1337 tr00ps and win. Equally if 500 men seige my castle, and ive only got 50 in a part and 100 garrison, im out of there. Ill just come back and take it back later.
    The size of your army depends on other thing then just your money though

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast