Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sound Bug fixed

[G-Shock]'s Avatar Semisalis

Icon4 Sound Bug fixed

It looks like Darth has managed to fix the sound bug.

I am not 100% sure it works because they are still testing it but at present time the only unit still erroneously giving the cannon sound is the Mangonels.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...9#post11537689

Just wanted to make sure Yarkis is aware of the problem and I hope you guys resume from where you had left.

Please when releasing the updated versions for the 3 scenarios mind we need the strategic map moddable movement speeds not just the battle map speed fix.

Hope that helps.

Can't believe CA released this crap? Of course... it's Creative Assembly after all.

Kurisu Paifuaa's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Sound Bug fixed

temporarily deleted
    Last edited by Kurisu Paifuaa; June 08, 2012 at 10:49 AM.

Man, I got back into Shogun 2 and more specifically RotS only to find out that all my archers sound like cannons because apparently CA hates modders. *sigh*

Apart from that I really really like TROM and I'm looking forward to a hotfix.

I'll try this again

I've gotten pretty good results using Symphony to make a corrected sound pack for TROM3. I'll attach it for testing if anyone cares to take a look.

By my ears thus far, it fixes nearly all of the projectile mismatches that surfaced since the FotS patches. Those are different with every mod and every combination of mods that contain units_table entries. So if you use this, use it only with TROM3 1.81 and do not have any other mods active which contain units_table edits or additions. That includes the preliminary TRoM mod for FotS. It will work with purely aesthetic mods (colors and banners, etc). I'd recommend starting clean though.

There are at least 2 mismatches still present, but they are far less prevalent than the horror that was affecting many ranged units. The worst is the occasional FotS bugle for unit movement or click attack orders.That's one of a series that plays randomly, so it isn't quite so common. I hear it mainly on Household Samurai, Generals and mounted RotS units. The other I noticed is more subtle, Fire Rocket Kobaya weapons use gun sounds when launching projectiles (instead of pfssshh ). Land rockets are ok. If anyone finds others please share your results.

Custom units may need manual editing in the sound bank and/or events table to fix, which is difficult at the moment (unknown element names). These may well have existed in some form prior to the FotS patches. Does anyone recall? There have always been little glitches with custom units prior to S2. The nice part is crux3d's tool can likely fix these directly when fully developed, as with ETW/NTW.

One other caveat: for whatever reason, I can only get this to work currently on my end if both the sound fix pack and TROM3 pack are loaded as mod type packs. I'll attach the sound fix and the user script, but TROM is larger than the attachment limit. So use PFM to change TRoM's pack type from movie to mod, drop the sound fix alongside in your data directory and the script in your user directory. Yarkis, maybe you can link a mod version until that's solved ?

So anyway... I hope this helps make the game playable again. Playing through a pile of custom battles while testing made me realize how much I really like the TRoM unit roster. And I finally learned how to use ranged cavalry properly I'll keep testing. Please post feedback.

Full credit to crux3d for Symphony and continuing to make sound and event data accessible. Latest Symphony version is in the ETW tools workshop and some specific discussion in S2 tools workshop (corrupted sounds...)

I just released TROM3 1.9 BETA which hopefully squishes the sound bugs and is still in movie format. Nonetheless thanks to Kurisu Paifuaa for you efforts! You actually inspired me to get this version out today.

Great, thanks Yarkis

Out of curiosity, did you have any trouble (as I did) with pack arrangements? I see combining them obviously worked out for you. It would be good to know what can cause problems. I suspect dependencies might still an issue, but I may have overlooked something else.

I didn't test the mod in depth yet, only most of the bow units in S2TW in custom battles. The one that had issues now work fine. Could be that the sound bug is still present somewhere else, but since crux3D is still working on his tools I am optimistic that he can fix all remaining issues on the long run.

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

It has knocked out issues with a few bow units on my end, too. I don't think there was any issue other than bowmen having gun sounds, were there?

Good to see you've reignited the TROM flame .

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis de Bodemloze View Post
    I didn't test the mod in depth yet, only most of the bow units in S2TW in custom battles. The one that had issues now work fine. Could be that the sound bug is still present somewhere else, but since crux3D is still working on his tools I am optimistic that he can fix all remaining issues on the long run.
    It's definitely a huge improvement. I'm finding these (haven't tried FotS):

• Onna Bushi Heroine (cannon)
    • Samurai Medium Ship (guns)
    • Ashigaru Sharpshooters (wrong guns?)
    • Fire Rocket Kobaya (guns)
    • Multiple S2 and RotS units (mostly cavalry) have a brass horn for random movement orders

Much more isolated (though I hate the last one). I thought I'd see whether merging the units tables would help, since he suggested that's a source of trouble.

Well, crux3D wanted to release a version wich works with multiple tables. I wait for this.

Yeah, ing around with this is a major time sink. I see why you got frustrated with it.

I did a quick table merge and got marginally better results than above. Still some rifles where there should be musket sounds (sharpshooters and AUM christians). Fixed RotS units, but found cannon on one of the teppo monks. That random cornet sound for movement and attack was present in my own test mod, Darth's pack and yours, so it may have a different underlying cause. Do you hear that at all?

edit: Merge and sound repack also produced cannon coming from Medium Bune... so not so good

One question: there are a bunch of duplicate units ending in 2 (gen_taisho2 etc). Are those all related to your original attempted fix, or do they serve some other purpose?
    Last edited by Kurisu Paifuaa; June 11, 2012 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu Paifuaa View Post
    One question: there are a bunch of duplicate units ending in 2 (gen_taisho2 etc). Are those all related to your original attempted fix, or do they serve some other purpose?
    My original attempt to fix the sound bug until it became clear that the bug is kind of random.

TROM3 has the most new units of all mods and I wonder if I can ever get rid of that bug.

I declare cautious, temporary victory

Here's what I did:

1. Merged all TRoM tables, more carefully this time, by restoring the original order and missing test and cinematic units from vanilla (i.e. I took vanilla units table from patch21 and copied all units covered by TRoM into place from van_ , boshin_ and gen_ sub-tables)
    2. Appended all additional units (from trom_ , aor_ and aum_ tables plus the 'fix' units) after the vanilla entries
    3. Deleted the old tables and the sounds_packed directory and imported my new table from tsv (trom3_units)
    4. With the pack in place I ran crux3D's new tool Sinfonia Semplice which generates a fix pack as mod type and adds a script entry automatically.

Keeping it as a separate mod pack type (for now) and TRoM as movie, I ran through 4 tests for S2 and RotS (land and naval) and found all previous issues resolved, with one minor exception: Fire Rocket Kobayas still make some sort of gun sound instead of the fireworks sound. That's it though, even the random cornet thing is gone and all muskets sound like real muskets. The rocket ship is a pretty unique creation, maybe one of the unknown column values in units table causing it to be mis-classified it in the sound bank (gun_ship, ship_light_firebomb etc). I suppose it might not have a 'right' entry if that's the case.

So that seems to have pleased the gremlins, but is there some technical reason other than organization to not use a merged units table?

I can't test FotS units until I install that on this machine, nor do I have the Sengoku UP, but S2 and RotS look good in custom battles. I'll attach my merged table tsv if that's at all helpful and try a campaign later tomorrow. I'm sure the Black Ship will sound like elephants or something

Great work! Did you test if integrating the sound fix into tbe main file also works? It would make the installation much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis de Bodemloze View Post
    Great work! Did you test if integrating the sound fix into tbe main file also works? It would make the installation much easier.
    Not yet, but I'll do that before I start into a campaign.

The new fix tool is pretty convenient. No path or syntax worries, performs both steps and makes it's own script if none exists, but you get no logging or output options.

I put the sounds_packed directory in the TRoM pack and it looks to be working just fine

Also discovered that mortar ships (mangonel sound) have the same issue as rocket ships with the projectile classification. Might try fiddling with the unknown values in units table to see whether you can switch those to something else without having to edit anything in sounds_packed. Looking at unknown25 and unknown32.
    Last edited by Kurisu Paifuaa; June 12, 2012 at 04:50 PM.

Thanks! I will use your tsv then for 1.9, integrate the sound fix into the mod, and hope that multi table support will come at a later date. It's odd that the sounds are somehow tied to the ships and not the weapons.

You're welcome

I checked the merged table for errors with NP++ against your tables and the added rows all match (merged with WinMerge). Except, the compare plugin kept flagging a difference in the L'Ocean screen name column. Take a look at that row in PFM when you import it. I have an odd character there for the ' between L and O. It's correct when I view patch21 in PFM. Some sort of encoding or character set issue when pasting.

edit: I'm speculating with the custom ship sounds. It seems reasonable though that the cause with those two is the same, given that neither type of projectile is present on any other (vanilla) ship
    Last edited by Kurisu Paifuaa; June 12, 2012 at 09:06 PM.

Looks like crux3D has released a new version of symphony. I tried this one with my multi tables and didn't find any serious issue yet. I never really payed attention to the horn sounds and when they are played normaly, but the medium bunes worked fine as most of the S2 bow units and FotS units I tested.

I don't know whether he changed anything with the new version other than tidying up the process and making it a windowed application. He didn't mention it, so I didn't try it with the separate tables. Check Onna Bushi Heroine (cannons) or Samurai medium ship (guns). S2 units were ok except for the modern horn sound and sharpshooters and Nanban mercs had rifles instead of thunky muskets.

For the custom ship problem, I looked more at the end columns in untis table. Since patch15 a number of strings are changed for naval units in column 25 (unknown25). Anything *_ship was changed to the land unit equivalent (e.g. gun_ship to gun_infantry, bow_ship to bow_infantry). Thinking that might be related, I updated all of them giving the two custom ships 'siege' value (which is what the land counterparts have). Didn't make a difference though, so still no insight. Neither did trying to deliberately botch sounds by giving ships the wrong type.
    Last edited by Kurisu Paifuaa; June 14, 2012 at 01:31 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast