Page 1 of 29 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Official All Questions Thread (Maintained by the ACW Team)

Default Technical Help Sub-forum Trash Barrel

Post here only campaign related issues with version 3.1,
    please.
    For reporting general bugs, use the General Bug report thread

Last edited by shokh; May 19, 2012 at 06:03 AM.

Default [Version 3.1] Game crashes on startup

Before you post your problem please read the following:

If your game crashes on ACW loading campaign:

You have to login manually in Steam first and then start ACW (or any mod that uses a launcher). If you miss that and receive a CTD then you have to reboot before trying again.

If you want to post a start up problem:

Post your problem for technical support including ACW log report. Also tell us exactly when the CTD happens (e.g. on ACW screen loading, on ACW loading campaign, on game's menu, etc.). If you want to get an answer you have to include in your post the log report:

With 3.0 version, a new future has been added that will help us support ACW better. A report log is created every time you start DMN. This log records all the launcher's actions and will help us provide a better support in problems related with start up. Now there is no need to ask you back "have you installed mod in the right location?", "do you use another mod?" etc. All needed infos would be provided by ACW log report.

So from now on: If you have problems with game's startup, please copy the report found in ...\empire total war\ACW\acw_log.txt in the post along with your question/problem. Since this report may be very long, it would be good to use the "code" tags. So select the text you copied and press the code button:

Code:

Last edited by husserlTW; May 22, 2012 at 07:27 AM.

Default [Version 3] General Bug Issues

Here you can post any bugs that you encounter.

For campaign related problems use the Campaign Related Issues - Thread

Keep in mind our Patch preview thread.

Horatio Hornblower's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: [Version 3] General Bug Issues

shokh the file I'm downloading is not a zip one...it's just a "white sheet of paper"...

'ACW3Beta_setup.zip' is it called on my pc after downloading. Maybe try out 7zip.
    http://www.7-zip.org/

Horatio Hornblower's Avatar Semisalis

Maybe there's something wrong with my pc...it takes 1 h 56 mins to download the mod...

The ACW3Beta_setup.zip file with main mod is about 350 MB (compressed), in zip format using 7z. Windows should be able to unzip it but if not use 7zip as Shokh suggested.

I'm having the same problem, it's labeled .zip but doesn't show up as one.

I have the same problem. I think it is because the file is named 'ACW3Beta_setup.zip' instead of just ACW3Beta_setup.zip. I'm still downloading it but I think if you remove the quotations it should recognize it as a .zip file. Giving it the .zip' ending instead of the .zip ending confuses the computer. If that fails, just select "Select a program from a list of installed programs" when it gives you that unrecognized filetype message and choose WinRAR or 7zip. Hope that helps.

After launching game get this warning msg. (There are files in Empires data folder that belong neither vanilla, nor ACW mod.) the crash. Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Golfe de Ibelin View Post
    After launching game get this warning msg. (There are files in Empires data folder that belong neither vanilla, nor ACW mod.) the crash. Any help?
    Only happends when i try to play as CSA. I can play as US but i noticed CS dont make an army. At all. i took them out in no time.

edit: doubleposting & and a wrong forum section... moving this one to technical issues > start-up problems thread; Minas Moth
    Last edited by Minas Moth; May 14, 2012 at 12:59 AM. Reason: doubleposting
    Sir Godfrey de Ibelin

Default Re: Missing Files?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Golfe de Ibelin View Post
    Only happends when i try to play as CSA.
    Same here, but you can still play as the confederates if you want to on the US option.

Default Re: Missing Files?

I have the same message but it doesn't appear to affect anything. I've played a custom battle and started a campaign as the CS without issue, thus far.
    Your reality sir, is lies and balderdash, and I'm happy to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever!

General question here - for choosing between regimental flags and a single waving one, I didn't see that in graphics options. Is there a text or config file you need to alter, or did I just miss it?

- Also, is there supposed to be Civil War music during battles? I played one custom battle and it only played Dixie when I won, nothing throughout.

- If the installer went off without a hitch and I'm playing without CTDs or any really noticeable glitches, all should be well in terms of version and the right files being in the right place, correct? Some things seem off or out of place (see my feedback and campaign bug thread posts) and I want to make sure I have the build running as intended.
    Last edited by Genosse; May 14, 2012 at 02:21 AM.

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

@Genosse

this option isn't yet available. It will be in patch 3.1... as it is stated in the upcoming patches thread on the main forum page

Default Re: [Version 3] Campaign Related Issues

I've played through to August 1861 as the Confederacy in Warpath. A couple questions present themselves.

- The music on the campaign map seems really quiet, then when I end turn it plays a clip, I think Bonnie Blue Flag, much louder. Is this WAD or somehting I can fiddle with?

- Here's the big one. The USA hasn't built any units, which I thought was only a problem with the scrubbed Empire campaign. Others seem to have noticed this on both sides.

Default Re: [Version 3] Game crashes on startup

I have the same message. In addition when I try to select CSA Empire crashes. If I select the Union the game loads but then when I select the in game campaign it does not complete loading and reverts to the menu.

Default Re: [Version 3] Game crashes on startup

Quote Originally Posted by Marmaduke View Post
    I have the same message. In addition when I try to select CSA Empire crashes. If I select the Union the game loads but then when I select the in game campaign it does not complete loading and reverts to the menu.
    I'm having a similar issue. everything launches good, i can play custom battles and everything. when i try and start the campaign for either the Union or Confederacy it load a fraction of the bar then just takes me back to the title screen.

Quote Originally Posted by TomTheMonster View Post
    I'm having a similar issue. everything launches good, i can play custom battles and everything. when i try and start the campaign for either the Union or Confederacy it load a fraction of the bar then just takes me back to the title screen.

same here except then it tats empire total war has stopped working

and since it wont let me edit my post here is the log

--------------------------
    Actions:
    * 03:19:59 -> Mod started
    * 03:19:59 -> bg_art.pack present in data.
    * 03:19:59 -> bg_boot.pack present in data.
    * 03:19:59 -> bg_core.pack present in data.
    * 03:19:59 -> bg_db.pack present in data.
    * 03:19:59 -> bg_models.pack present in data.
    * 03:19:59 -> bg_movie.pack present in data.
    * 03:19:59 -> bg_music.pack present in data.
    * 03:20:01 -> CS selected. Launching procedure started:
    * 03:20:01 -> scripting_gb_csa.lua copied.
    * 03:20:01 -> mod bg_art.pack;
    * 03:20:01 -> mod bg_core.pack;
    * 03:20:01 -> mod bg_db.pack;
    * 03:20:01 -> mod bg_models.pack;
    * 03:20:01 -> mod bg_music.pack;
    * 03:20:01 -> mod bg_camp_wpath.pack;
    * 03:20:01 -> mod bg_cs_wpath.pack;
    * 03:20:01 -> ACW mod files commands added in user script for CS WPATH.
    * 03:20:01 -> bg_camp_wpath.pack present in data.
    * 03:20:01 -> bg_cs_wpath.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data.
    * 03:20:01 -> bg_us_wpath.pack found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data and moved back to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs.
    * 03:20:01 -> bg_cs_txt_wpath.pack moved from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data.
    * 03:20:02 -> bg_us_txt_wpath.pack found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data and moved back to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\ACW\Packs.
    * 03:20:02 -> Startpos copied from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\ACW_WPATH\CS to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\ACW_WPATH.
    * 03:20:02 -> User script current commands:
    * 03:20:02 -> mod bg_art.pack;
    * 03:20:02 -> mod bg_core.pack;
    * 03:20:02 -> mod bg_db.pack;
    * 03:20:02 -> mod bg_models.pack;
    * 03:20:02 -> mod bg_music.pack;
    * 03:20:02 -> mod bg_camp_wpath.pack;
    * 03:20:02 -> mod bg_cs_wpath.pack;
    * 03:20:02 -> User script end.
    Last edited by Ishan; May 14, 2012 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Double Post

Default Re: [Version 3] Feedback & Discussion Thread

I have this problem as I click on the CS:

Caius Bingerus's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: [Version 3] Feedback & Discussion Thread

i have the same problem too, can't load CS-campaign, Union starts, playing campaign, CSA didn't recruit any unit, played 30 turns, nothing happend...
    ...the duty of a soldier ends only with his death...

Page 1 of 29 123456789101126 ... LastLast