Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lesson 6 - Creating a Simple Wallpaper

King William the Conqueror's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Lesson 6 - Creating a Simple Wallpaper

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    Very good then!

That is not a problem, not at all. So, you didn't save a .psd/.xcf copy of your wallpaper?

Keep it up gentlemen!
    unfortunately not
    I hold the blitz record for Medieval II (106 region in 7 turns) set in January 2024.

Check out my Youtube Channel: CosmicConqueror
    Proud Member of TWC since 2011!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Domesticus
    Artifex

@NekoGenijalan: Nice, although too simple. The photo is very good, but you really shouldn't use the coffee thingy. Use some splatter brushes instead. If you want a coffee splatter that bad just try and search for a coffee splatter brush.

Epic old lady is epic.
    SOMEONE HELP LEGIO
    @ForteS: Wow, they're both awesome! I like the second one better, though. Just an idea: you could try to make the letters of "Batman" hide behind the buildings in the parts where the letters and buildings are on top of each other. Basically this means just erasing the bottom parts of those letters and make the buildings seen instead.

Your wallpaper is a perfect example of how simple it can sometimes be to create a beautiful piece of art.
    Quote Originally Posted by King William the Conqueror
    unfortunately not
    No matter.

@Bolkonsky: Great! You could maybe make the left side of the wallpaper a bit darker - remember, in a good artwork there are always contrasts. If you do that the left and the right sides of the wallpaper will be perfectly in contrast, making the it look more interesting.

I assume you created those black fields to make the wallpaper fit your screen resolution? Be it that or not, but I have a good idea on how you could improve it even more - find a Wild West themed pattern and use it to create borders where there are now the borderlines of the black areas and the photo (make it just some 10 pixels high - you'll need a seamless pattern for this and then paste, paste and paste it again and make the pattern pieces to match each other). Then find a wooden texture, paste it over the black fields and edit it the way you want.

Also, you could make the text a bit less visible and smooth - see if you can do something that pleases you. That background picture was an excellent choice by the way!

And oh, save the wallpaper in PNG format; now I can see the scrubby pixels around your text.
    Last edited by Goofy; June 20, 2012 at 11:13 AM.

OK,. yeah I'll take another look when I get home from work.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

So when can we get our shiny little degree?

(I still have yet to get my degree from my actual university even though I graduated four weeks ago, so I've been looking forward to this one as sort of a surrogate )
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Domesticus
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Bolkonsky
    OK,. yeah I'll take another look when I get home from work.
    Yeah, it's really time you started doing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris
    So when can we get our shiny little degree?
    After the extra lesson which I'm planning to post by Wednesday (unfortunately I can't promise it would be ready earlier - the things you've requested require some time to have a look at). In my opinion it would be a bit dumb to first give you the degrees and then continue working with (some of) you on the very last lesson. That's why.

I wish everyone completes this lesson fairly soon unless they haven't done that already.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post

After the extra lesson which I'm planning to post by Wednesday (unfortunately I can't promise it would be ready earlier - the things you've requested require some time to have a look at). In my opinion it would be a bit dumb to first give you the degrees and then continue working with (some of) you on the very last lesson. That's why.

I wish everyone completes this lesson fairly soon unless they haven't done that already.
    Ah okay, fair enough.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Here is my "Do what he did" picture to show that I've understood it. Also It was made four days ago (Before a certain disastrous game) but I've been busy.

Gimp'd
    GERMANYFAIL

I'll do a more advanced picture later today.

Domesticus
    Artifex

Good.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123