Thread: [help]Video editing programs

Falconpilot's Avatar Join Arma3 campaign!

Default [help]Video editing programs

Hello guys,

I have had the interest to start making ingame videos for quite a while now and figured I should at least try it out. However I'm wondering what's the best program for me to start using? and is fraps really the only way to get ingame footage or are there other caption software out there?

Also any links to tutorials are most welcome

Figured I'd get the most/best response here so hope I'm not posting completely wrong

Thx for the help!

Greetings,
    Falcon

EDIT: Dno why it isn't but this should've been posted in the 'help section', if a mod could move it, I'd highly appreciate it
    Last edited by Falconpilot; June 06, 2012 at 12:58 PM.

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: [help]Video editing programs

You could always use Windows Movie Maker for video editing which is very handy program for a new video artist as it is free and easy to use. On the other hand, if you are willing to invest a bit on it, you could check out the Sony Vegas. There seems to be a couple of software's suitable for a true professional as well few for a common user with a lower prize.

For the recording I think Fraps or Bandicam are the best... well, they're the only ones I know. lol

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will give you better and more detailed answer. Nice to see new video artists popping out!

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

Thread moved

Have a look at this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1538

Movie Maker is good for the start. I did this video with corel video studio. The program has everything a beginner needs and is easier to learn than vegas or after effects. You can download trial versions of most of the editing programs to test what is the best for your workflow/creativity.

Falconpilot's Avatar Join Arma3 campaign!

Thx for the help and link! will check out these programs tomorrow