Thread: Changing unit stats

Default Changing unit stats

Hi everyone.

Having enjoyed TATW and a variety of its submods very much, I still had a feeling that the experience could be improved further still. Not being being able to modify anything graphical or interface wise, I would like to edit, or tweak, the stats of the various units present in the game. I am talking about attack, defence, shield and armor values. My question is as follows: which files do I have to alter, where can I find these files, and what do I have to take into account when altering these values (howmany are there?). I have been searching for a guide or set of instructions which explains these things (which I'm sure there is), but I have thus far been unable to find such a guide.

Tips are welcome of course, but the most pressing question on my mind is whether or not there is a system to take into account.

Michadon.

Edit: I've found the file called 'export_descr_unit.txt' There is sufficient information in there at the top which explains the variables, but is this the only file I need to edit in order to see changes ingame or do I have to alter other files as well?
    Last edited by Michadon; June 06, 2012 at 04:12 PM.

Default Re: Changing unit stats

No export_descr_unit.txt is enough

Default Re: Changing unit stats

Thank you. There is a lot of editing to be done.