Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: REPORT TATW 3.2 Bugs & Issues (Read 1st post before posting, this thread is not for fixing bugs and issues, just for reporting them!)

Default Re: TATW 3.2 Bugs & Issues (Read 1st post before posting!)

The wall prevents troops from enter Minas Tirith battle because Gondor station troops on gates. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!ı am playing 3.2 ı cant enter minas tirith!!

This happened to me in a game I just played. I sieged as Silvan Elves a Mordor Settlement the battle started. They had Mumakil inside the settlement, most could not leave it, and the ones that came and attacked me I could not retaliate, if I targeted them, my units charged straight into the settlement to attack the ones trapped. I had to intentionally place troops in front of them so that they would be engaged, sort of lost most of my infantry there.

If it not a bug and part of the game, we'll, I would say to allow Mumakils to pass one way or another.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Some Mirror viewing locations aren't working (Imladris and Black Gate).

This fixes them in campaign_script.txt...

Code:
    console_command move_character Mirror, 274, 147
    console_command move_character Mirror, 184, 250
    ... change to ...

Code:
    console_command move_character Mirror, 274, 149
    console_command move_character Mirror, 186, 250
    But the next TATW version will probably need a Palantiri/Mirror rebuild anyway, for any map changes at least. That will catch any other 'bad tile' problems in the process.

Henneth Annun, I never really gave it much thought, there was a greyish grove in the terrain, and I sort of assumed that that was my paved road, but due to some terrain feature sort of showed up badly. Alas that was not the case.

I opened up the trade specifics for the settlement and I managed to see that I had three trades each worth 6 or 7 gold each, (not really paved road kind of trades which should have been around 50 each at least.) before the game crashed!

I kind of hope some fancy crash report isn't necessary in this case. No sub mods and 3,2 of course on a gold installation, if that matters?

Screenshot

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Fix for reinforcement crashes can be found here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=257970
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=3350

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicu5
    New AI (v5.7) is out, what's most important it eliminates reinforcements CTD issue that existed due to a typo in recent versions of RBAI. Everything works fine now.

In the Montains of Gundabad region on the northern slope of the mountains on the southern border some of the terrain is faulty. Faced with a full stack of orcs I pulled back as high up the slope as I could for defense. When their turn rolled around and the predictable attack came, rather than raining death on an exhausted and demoralized foe trudging up a sheer mountainface, I found myself defending the corner of a small and perfectly flat meadow with a sprinkling of trees. Not what I had in mind.

I also noticed that the minimap was completely black except for my units and a few very dense topographical lines in the extreme NE corner beyond the playable field. Usually it has light and dark greens, grey, blue, what have you, but this one was solid black.

I assume this means the tile doesn't have the appropriate terrain programmed into it. Back on the strat map, I noticed that where my army had been standing the ground seemed greener and less like the surrounding hill terrain.

EDIT: After further experimenting, I found that the highest altitude row or 2 of tiles all along the northern edge of that range are perfectly flat. If you go down to the third where the strat map starts to level out the terrain becomes mountainous.
    Last edited by deusvult6; October 26, 2012 at 11:35 PM.

Pleiades's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    The Squalor amounts in these Traits and Ancillaries don't match their descriptions:

Reasonable_Ruler
    Kind_Ruler
    Benevolent_Ruler
    Active_Builder
    Urban_Planner
    Great_Builder
    Not_Constructive
    Sloppy_Builder
    Abhors_Construction
    Cheap
    Tight
    Total_Cheapskate

architect
    artist
    nenya
    narya
    vilya
    ring_barahir
    gandalf_grey
    radagast
    gollum
    heirloom
    kingsfoil
    I believe +1 Farming too in ancilliaries, but I am not 100%sure, because I am using submod presently. For example Ring of Barahir does not show +1farming in town, but it shows in description.
    There are no absolute truths. When your beliefs about the world and yourself change, so does your experience.

There seems to be a wrong climate colour being used in southwest Gondor. The pale green bits in the mountains...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

RGB is 141 197 65 instead of (I assume) 141 198 63.

Not a big deal as I think the default TGAs are kicking in in the game; it doesn't look odd there. Just mentioning it.

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Thread cleaned.

This thread is not for technical help but for reporting specific bugs like Withwnar did in the post above.

If your post(s) got deleted please check the main technical help forum for a solution to your problem first. If you cannot find a solution then open a new thread and we will try to help you with your problem.

For battle crashes, there are many threads on the subject. Generally deleting these two files in the TATW data folder should fix the problem:

descr_georgraphy_new data base file
    descr_georgraphy_new text document

I'm getting a strange crash during a battle in my Gondor campaign. I have half a stack near Minas Morgul, and I attacked a small Mordor force standing next to the fortress, which forced the garrison to join the attack.
    I start the battle fine, and line up my rangers and archer militia up on a high hill, with a few infantry lined up behind and a single cav unit behind them. After awhile the animation gets really choppy, and shortly after attacking the game crashes to desktop with the "unspecified error..." message. This happens whether I send my cav in, or move my archers into range - but it seems to happen when the AI gives orders to attack in return.
    - I have read the forums
    - I have disabled DST on my computer
    - my graphics card works fine, and is using current driver
    - I have uninstalled/reinstalled 3.0 and both patches
    - This particular crash doesn't happen on normal battle maps, only the scorched earth Mordor map near Minas Morgul
    What's going on?

The rock/island on the river between mirkwood and misty mountains is broken, cannot deploy troops there
    sorry, cannot provide screenshot right now
    I think the region is called Aduil Vale or something like that
    Yea I know the name is terrible, but it's not really finished.

Found a bug when playing my Gondor Campaign after I took Minas Ithil (It looks amazing!). Of course Mordor came to take it back but when they attack they just brought the ram up and stood. So in the hope of trying to get the battle going I decieded to sally out to fight on the bridge and the gate wouldn't open.

Just thought I should point this out since there's no other way in or our of Minas Ithil other than the never opening gate. Also It would be awesome if I could put soldiers on the walls

Playing as the High Elves in 3.2, everytime i complete the council mission to capture a settlement and the reward is "Best units currently aviable", I get awarded with (3?) units of (Palainter? or something like that). Anyways, these units (that are supposed to be at my capital) don't spawn (or are invisible?) and my economy suddenly starts to crash. After completing this mission twice (still no units awarded) my economy went from +2000 to -100.
    This only happens when the award is "Best units" not the "random new units" award.
    You could say that "just don't complete the mission" but its damn annoying when i get this to complete within 10 turns and the objective is a settlement I'm sieging and is about to fall next turn.
    This issue was present in ver 2.1 as well.

Another bug: same game, playing as the High Elves and Rivendale is being attacked by Misty Mountians, and when fighting the battle (I'm defending) the AI doesn't seem to know what to do. They just wander around in the corner outside of Rivendale's bridges (by outside I mean the far side when defending) and will not move to attack. I won a 4 unit vs 10 unit battle because I could move my archers around at will and unload on their units that were stacked up on one another. Sure its not game breaking, but its kinda disapointing know that I can hold my capital with one unit against 20 since the AI doesn't seem to understand that they can just walk into the "Contorl square"

Playing as the High Elves in 3.2, everytime i complete the council mission to capture a settlement and the reward is "Best units currently aviable", I get awarded with (3?) units of (Palainter? or something like that).
    Not wishing to turn this into a discussion but...

Can confirm that it is not a Palantiri bug which the name suggests.

It might be "Palarran" which is a ship and therefore explains why they are not visible in the capital.

One and a while i get some ctd always in battles ,any solutions ?

Quote Originally Posted by oOIYvYIOo View Post
    One and a while i get some ctd always in battles ,any solutions ?
    You should open up your own thread about your issues and we will try to help you. This is just for reporting Bugs Thread ( read 1st post before posting?)
    And give us more info when you open your thread:
    1. what Windows do you have,
    2. is your M2TW steam or non steam version,
    3. are there any reinforcements on either side,
    4. have you tried any solution so far etc.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    You should open up your own thread about your issues and we will try to help you. This is just for reporting Bugs Thread ( read 1st post before posting?)
    And give us more info when you open your thread:
    1. what Windows do you have,
    2. is your M2TW steam or non steam version,
    3. are there any reinforcements on either side,
    4. have you tried any solution so far etc.
    Ok i will in the future open a topic where i will post everything ,thank you.

Ok, so I've been playing the Fellowship campaign, and noticed something. In the quest where Frodo and Sam have to spy on Mordor from the Black Gate and Minas Morgul, whenever they end the turn in either the Black Gate province or the Minas Morgul province the game crashes with a "Medieval II has encountered an unspecified error" message. I have Windows &, a non-steam version of Med II, and no submods.
    Thanks.

-LegioS

oh I did all that I could... ctd occurs when seize battle starts