Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: REPORT TATW 3.2 Bugs & Issues (Read 1st post before posting, this thread is not for fixing bugs and issues, just for reporting them!)

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: TATW 3.2 Bugs & Issues (Read 1st post before posting!)

I don't know if it's a mistake or not, so saying it anyway...

Under SPF_SQUALOUR in descr_settlement_mechanics.xml this line appears to be commented out:

;;; <castle_modifier value="0.75"/>

But in XML comments should be in <!-- -->. Unless M2TW also knows to treat ; as a comment in XML (I have no idea) this line is not actually commented out.

EDIT: confirmed: castles = 0.75 does seem to be in effect.
    Last edited by Withwnar; July 20, 2012 at 05:29 AM.

The Squalor amounts in these Traits and Ancillaries don't match their descriptions:

Reasonable_Ruler
    Kind_Ruler
    Benevolent_Ruler
    Active_Builder
    Urban_Planner
    Great_Builder
    Not_Constructive
    Sloppy_Builder
    Abhors_Construction
    Cheap
    Tight
    Total_Cheapskate

architect
    artist
    nenya
    narya
    vilya
    ring_barahir
    gandalf_grey
    radagast
    gollum
    heirloom
    kingsfoil

dannyalex's Avatar Campidoctor

i am Eriador,turn 46

i give in 2 units of Breeland Militia the first armour

but when the next turn starts i see in the message that upgrade is completed for 2 Hobbit in arms units...lol?
    Most Chivalrous commander 2020-2021

Hey guys, if this is going to turn into a discussion on how to fix the problem then can you take it to a thread in the Tech Help forum please? This Bugs thread is only for reporting bugs, not discussing errors or how to fix them. Thanks.

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    Hey guys, if this is going to turn into a discussion on how to fix the problem then can you take it to a thread in the Tech Help forum please? This Bugs thread is only for reporting bugs, not discussing errors or how to fix them. Thanks.
    Yep!

Some posts deleted.

This thread is only for reporting specific bugs (please read the first post) and not ongoing discussion for technical help.

If your post(s) got deleted please check the main technical help forum for a solution to your problem first. If you cannot find a solution then open a new thread and we will try to help you with your problem.
    Last edited by StealthFox; July 26, 2012 at 09:52 AM.

I'm having a problem similar to Olaffc. In the fellowship campaign the game crashes when I press end turn after a turn containing a battle. It is possible for me to continue as if i save after every battle then quit the game and load it up again I can continue playing although obviously this is very time consuming. otherwise both fellowship and third age campaigns are absolutely brilliant

Having problems with CTD when reinforcements arrive from anywhere. I have read that this is due to the battle AI RBAIv6.5 I think. There is a whole thread dedicated for this, so many people are having the same problem. We would appreciate a fix for this is really a game-breaker, nice job on the mod though, it is one of my favorites.

[attach]C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs

Noob.. can't even attach log...
    Last edited by StealthFox; July 31, 2012 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Merge Multiple Posts

Don't worry about the log. This is a well known issue; no need to mention it further here.

I am currently playing the Fellowship Campaign and am at the Frodo and Sam side quest in Ithilien. Faramir has arrived and i am able to start the battle. But during the middle of the battle, it crashes with 'unspecified error.' I know this is just for reporting but I'm not good at navigating the different forums so if there are any suggestions to fix it that would be great

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

I have problem, when I was playing with gondor, Baby boy called an invasion on E. Osgilliath, luckily I had an army nearby when the stacks arrived, when I attacked with this army against 4 stacks, the game would basically lock. To solve this I had to alt tab look into task manager until m2tw started working again, came back into the game and sometimes it wouldnt register the attack, thus I was back again to alt tab, until the attack registered, and alt tab until I could get into the battle.

This happened several times on different invasions, didnt had any problem unless they were crusader armies. In the end I auto solved the battles

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien Warrior View Post
    I am currently playing the Fellowship Campaign and am at the Frodo and Sam side quest in Ithilien. Faramir has arrived and i am able to start the battle. But during the middle of the battle, it crashes with 'unspecified error.' I know this is just for reporting but I'm not good at navigating the different forums so if there are any suggestions to fix it that would be great

PROBABLY MUMAKIL THAT CAUSE THIS

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Was playing a Dol Guldur custom battle, and I noticed two things:
    1. You can't place troops on the inner wall at all. (which probably isn't a bug)
    2. EVERY SINGLE MAN on the outer wall of Dol Guldur jumps up in the air, dies, and falls to the ground as hundreds of corpses when the enemy get one section of the wall to 60% or higher damage (with me it was 61% caused by a catapult unit - lost 6 units of Mirkwood Archer Guard and my general...).

dannyalex's Avatar Campidoctor

fix the problem with reinforcements pls... ( for next version,dont leave it this way again...)
    Most Chivalrous commander 2020-2021

The game ctd when im playing fellowship campaign the turn after i beat lurtz to save the hobbits i dont know why is that ,btw only merry is on the map i cant find pippen on the map or in my agents list

Quote Originally Posted by KhanofKhans View Post
    Having problems with CTD when reinforcements arrive from anywhere. I have read that this is due to the battle AI RBAIv6.5 I think. There is a whole thread dedicated for this, so many people are having the same problem. We would appreciate a fix for this is really a game-breaker, nice job on the mod though, it is one of my favorite
    Sounds pretty much like my problem. No real problem with battles with just two armies but three times now with battless that involves reinforcements or just one army (mine) against two other armies i get a CTD to the desktop.

A workround is auto resolve but its very unpridictable and uaually costs you more troops.

I have played previous versions of this great mod and not had the problem. So it must be something that has been introduced recently.

Update
    It definatly must be something to do with the reinforcements. Since i posted i have fought a lot of battles as Rhun involving cataputs, dwarvern axe throwers and many other combinations with no problem. Then i get one with reinforcements for the other side it plays for about 5 minutes then CTD to the desktop.
    Last edited by Alex-ander; September 02, 2012 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gilead89 View Post
    Game crashes when i play with or against catapults during the campaign , the battle starts but after some minute the game crashes and I return to the desktop . I have this problem with mordor.
    Have anybody a suggestion about it?

P.s. i am Italian , and maybe my English is not perfect , SORRY!
    THIS!!!
    I had no crashes until i started using catapults.
    It is not a random crash either.Every time u,or opposing army has catapults,crash is guarantied.
    For me it is a game breaker.

ver.Clean 3.2
    Winxp

Hi guys, I am getting a CTD when attacking Minas Ithil with Gondor. Battle looks like its about to load and then CTD at the least second. Unspecified error.

The only other CTD I got that was repeatable was when sallying from Cair Andros. I put my Ithilien Rangers on the walls and as soon as they open fire I get CTD. Happens every time I attempt a sally from Cair Andros. When I took the castle, it was fine, when I defend against breach, its fine. Just when I sally and then just when the bows start firing. I either have to wait for them to attempt to breach me or auto-resolve.

Playing 3.2 + MOS.

Thanks in advance.

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Some posts deleted.

This thread is only for reporting specific bugs such as CTDs. (please read the first post)

If your post(s) got deleted please check the main technical help forum for a solution to your problem first. If you cannot find a solution then open a new thread and we will try to help you with your problem.

Not sure if it's intentional...

It is possible to have two Balrog spawns within the same campaign: one from the garrison script and one from building the mines. I believe that once one of them happens the second shouldn't be allowed to happen.

The script in this post adds a counter to handle it.

Fellowship Campaign

Ent cost 500 Gold per round, all other awarded reward units have free mainternance.

The wall prevents troops from enter Minas Tirith battle because Gondor station troops on gates.

Mumakil cannot be killed even by elite units like Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas, Grimli, Ents etc.

Suggestion: When Gandalf become white give him second use of special ability.
    Last edited by WykeMartin; September 15, 2012 at 02:34 AM.