Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: REPORT TATW 3.2 Bugs & Issues (Read 1st post before posting, this thread is not for fixing bugs and issues, just for reporting them!)

Chieftain John K.'s Avatar Tiro

Icon1 Re: TATW 3.2 Bugs & Issues (Read 1st post before posting!)

Quote Originally Posted by Suppersopp View Post
    1. post here, must just say I love this mod. Downloadet the newast patch for playing the fellowship campain, but I get crashes in the battle of Ithilien, so cant get further. Happens 3 times, the battle starts normal, then crashes suddenly after a while
    I have the same problem. Starts normal, then crashes after a while and back to the desktop. No Submods. I must lose this mission, thats the only way by me.

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: TATW 3.2 Bugs & Issues (Read 1st post before posting!)

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon3010 View Post
    Hi, I have a problem, my fiend and me have played the hotseat mod of third age, after many of rounds the message shire aotonomy proporsal cames upon the screen, both of us rejected but the messages donīt go away
    My question, is there a solution
    or how can I park this event
    This is a common problem, and I'm not sure anything can be done about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Emanwele View Post
    Ok guys im in big troubles.. im running a simple 3.2 vanilla and for no reason at turn 176 with SE when i press pass turn all the factions start making their move except for Gondor.. when gondor turn came the game simply stuck im not able to do anything just ctr+alt + canc and close the came that is flagged as (non responding ) HELL!!! help me please i cant belive i have to start a new campaign..
    Pleeeeease guys help me im stuck at turn 175 and cant go further!!
    Please post your log and save game file here.

Log can be found at:

Program Files/Sega/M2TW/logs

Why can i not simply delete this event with the shire?

Well, yeah, I guess you could delete it. I thought you were looking for a fix to it rather than deleting it. I'm not at home at the moment, so I don't have access to the campaign script to tell you what to delete. Try asking here.

thank you but I donīt find the campaign script

Quote Originally Posted by StealthFox View Post
    This is a common problem, and I'm not sure anything can be done about it.

Please post your log and save game file here.

Log can be found at:

Program Files/Sega/M2TW/logs

here we go log and savegame

Chieftain John K.'s Avatar Tiro

Icon1 Re: TATW 3.2 Bugs & Issues (Read 1st post before posting!)

Hello:
    I have a problem with Gandalf's Mission,

Gandalf's mission:
    Move Gandalf next to Edoras and wait a turn.
    After standing near Edoras for 1 turn you recieve terrible news that Hornburg needs your help!
    Move on up to the Westfold region and wait.

All this works fine but then i become no Reeinforcements. The Rider from Rohan dont received.
    I have search the complete Westfold province and thats for 20 Rounds and i have start 3 Fellowship Campaigns because this. All the time missing the Rohan Riders for the battle Helms Deep! I have look for Gandalf`s Guide and stand on the same Point from Screenshot and many other points. Nothing...
    Is this a bug? I don`t now.

here we go log and savegame
    That's the complete log file? I don't see anything there unusual. Anyways, KK will take a look at your log and save game when he gets a chance.
    Last edited by StealthFox; July 17, 2012 at 04:18 PM.

Laetus

Hi, I have a problem. After installing the 1.05 patch for Kingdoms (I run Windows XP Professional and have the Gold Edition double DVD instaled) and the Third Age (I believe in proper order) including 3.2 patch I double click on the provided shortcut and in spite of having the proper disc in the drive it tells me to insert the original "Kingdoms" DVD. It does that all the time and it also does it when I try to play Crusades for example.

What can I do to get past this?

Make sure you have the correct 1.5 patch installed as there are several available varying by region and gold vs. non-gold editions.

Laetus

I am reasonably sure I got the European patch, for the European game...not so sure on the gold/nongold. Can someone provide me with a link to some official site or similar?

Quote Originally Posted by Peroman200 View Post
    I am reasonably sure I got the European patch, for the European game...not so sure on the gold/nongold. Can someone provide me with a link to some official site or similar?
    Here you go.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=96588

@Napoleon3010

Try going into the campaign script file (see below for location) and changing

;################## G5 Autonomous Regions mod v1.3 ###################

declare_counter roads_tribute_launch
    declare_counter hobbit_tribute_launch
    ;;;;;;;General
    monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart FactionIsLocal
    and FactionReligion catholic

set_event_counter local_evil 1
    terminate_monitor ;disable this line to enable hotseat functionality
    end_monitor

to this

;;;;;;;General

;terminate_monitor ;disable this line to enable hotseat functionality
    end_monitor

Simply add a semicolon before the line that says "terminate_monitor" and hopefully that should work. I don't think it will fix the problem and allow you to give autonomy, but it should stop the pop up message. After you're done save it and then double check that it saved correctly. Also, this change/fix will not apply to any current or existing campaigns you have. It will only take take effect when you start a new campaign.

Campaign Script location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign
    Last edited by StealthFox; July 10, 2012 at 08:05 PM.

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

Hey, mods! Guess what I have? Your favorite thing! A bug report!

My thread, with description of the bug, is here.

My log:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    18:31:52.538 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    18:31:52.538 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    18:31:52.602 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    18:31:52.663 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    18:31:52.741 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    18:31:52.801 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    18:31:52.831 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    18:31:52.842 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    18:32:01.145 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/ThirdAge/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 9142, column 2
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction milan (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    18:32:01.145 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/ThirdAge/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 9142, column 2
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction scotland (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction moors (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction turks (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    18:32:01.146 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/ThirdAge/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 9142, column 2
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction egypt (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    18:32:01.146 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/ThirdAge/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 9142, column 2
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction mongols (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction england (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction france (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction hre (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction portugal (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction spain (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction venice (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction papal_states (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction byzantium (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction aztecs (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction timurids (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction normans (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction saxons (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction russia (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction poland (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction denmark (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    18:32:01.147 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/ThirdAge/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 9142, column 2
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction teutonic_order (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    18:32:01.147 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/ThirdAge/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 9142, column 2
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction ireland (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction norway (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction hungary (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction slave (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    18:39:18.128 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.6 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    18:59:54.948 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

gerrit1919's Avatar Civis

I have a bug.
    I am playing as Arnor without any mods, but when i attack Carn dum on that moment owned by the orcs of Gundabad, and i assault and win the battle.
    So i want to occupy (same result with sack and exterminate) but then when i click one of those 3 things it crashes and says: kingdoms.exe encountered a problem and exited.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthFox View Post
    Here you go.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=96588

@Napoleon3010

Try going into the campaign script file (see below for location) and changing

;;;;;;;General

terminate_monitor ;disable this line to enable hotseat functionality
    end_monitor

to this

;;;;;;;General

;terminate_monitor ;disable this line to enable hotseat functionality
    end_monitor

Simply add a semicolon before the line that says "terminate_monitor" and hopefully that should work. I don't think it will fix the problem and allow you to give autonomy, but it should stop the pop up message. After you're done save it and then double check that it saved correctly. Also, this change/fix will not apply to any current or existing campaigns you have. It will only take take effect when you start a new campaign.

Campaign Script location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign
    It doesnīt work

Hi, I get ctd in every battle
    I use vanilla TATW with no submod
    Everything (medieval+kingdoms+tatw) is freshly installed.
    Daylight is disabled, map.rwm and 2 geography files are removed.
    Here is my log.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    13:17:23.640 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    13:17:23.640 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    13:17:23.656 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    13:17:23.656 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    13:17:23.656 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    13:17:23.671 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    13:17:23.671 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    13:17:23.671 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    13:17:35.562 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 9142, column 2
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction milan (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    13:17:35.562 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 9142, column 2
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction scotland (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction moors (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction turks (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction egypt (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction mongols (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction england (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction france (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction hre (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction portugal (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction spain (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction venice (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction papal_states (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction byzantium (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction aztecs (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction timurids (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction normans (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction saxons (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction russia (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction poland (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction denmark (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction teutonic_order (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction ireland (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction norway (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction hungary (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction slave (bdg large_city vs clt huge_city)
    13:18:23.812 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.6 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    13:20:24.609 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Please help!

I just cant go further than turn 176... EVERY TIME that gondor 's turn begin
    The game stuck Please help that poor man!!

Fellowship Campaign Bug:
    Just got the mission to recapture Dain's Hall with Gimli after hours and hours of frustration fighting the Harad Army (this quest is simply impossible when it rains ... you'll never manage to kill/frenzy the Mumakils and without rain it still is pure luck whether or not you manage to frenzy the Mumaks ... and then there's the occasional CTD during the battle as well) and what happens? FoW gets lifted only to show me some bright green colors around Dain's Hall. The Silvan Elves used a diplomat to bribe Dain's Hall - wtf? It must've happended rather early in the game ... probably when I was running around in Rohan with Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas. You should add generals which are (nearly) impossible to bribe to all the settlements the player has to take during the campaign. I'll try if there are any console commands that might help me

After playing whole day I have few things to report.

While playing as Orcs of Gundabad it is impossible to aid Orcs of the Misty Mountains. When I want to aid them game crashes every time.

Later I played Mordor.
    Gondor is spawning multiple Boromirs. There's average 5-6 of him. When I besieged Minas Tirith I had to kill 3 Boromirs to win it

There's a typo when you click a "White tree: in Minas Tirith buildings that says "The The White Tree".

Another problem is with lighting. I was besieged in East Osgiliath by Gondor. It was winter and they attacked at night. Now night + snow = zero visibility. And I mean ZERO. I had to turn off battle because I couldn't see my units or enemy units even on highest zoom. And bigger brightness didn't help.

Next are archers. I can't force them to use melee, it's not working. They often get bugged. Just stand and do nothing. Sometimes I can't even move them on the battlefield. But not using melee is the worst because I have to send them far away not to kill my own infantry.

That's all for now

Some posts deleted.

This thread is only for reporting specific bugs such as CTDs. (please read the first post)

If your post(s) got deleted please check the main technical help forum for a solution to your problem first. If you cannot find a solution then open a new thread and we will try to help you with your problem.