Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: REPORT TATW 3.2 Bugs & Issues (Read 1st post before posting, this thread is not for fixing bugs and issues, just for reporting them!)

Default Re: REPORT TATW 3.2 Bugs & Issues (Read 1st post before posting, this thread is not for fixing bugs and issues, just for reporting them!)

I have installed the 3.2 patch and am using steam have tried deleting all suggested files and also done the daylight saving time fix and am still getting crashes during battles with unkown error or whatever it says

g2nim's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: REPORT TATW 3.2 Bugs & Issues (Read 1st post before posting, this thread is not for fixing bugs and issues, just for reporting them!)

Bonjour,
    I have re-installed TA 3.2 but when I click on the icon, the disc run but I have a message "path to kingdom.exe don't find". Do you have an answer ? Merci
    (MTWII run properly)

Hey, I'd like to report a bug

So far, it's happened randomly a few times where my game crashes just as I start a battle involving one of the unique large units like trolls, Sauron and Ents. Not much of a problem, and hasn't popped up since I reinstalled the mod, excepting one:

The only reliable trigger I can give you, is playing a custom battle with you as Isengard and your opponent as Sylvan Elves. If you have Uruk-Hai pikemen in your team and you put Ents in your opponent's, the game crashes. I've tried this half a dozen times, and it always crashes with that combination. You can have any troops in Isengard except pikemen, and you can play the battle without a hassle, but the moment pikemen are involved, it crashes. The reason for the crash is always an unspecified error

I've also fooled around with other large creatures like trolls and Sauron, and they do not give the same error when pikemen are involved

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lurcolm View Post
    Hey, I'd like to report a bug

So far, it's happened randomly a few times where my game crashes just as I start a battle involving one of the unique large units like trolls, Sauron and Ents. Not much of a problem, and hasn't popped up since I reinstalled the mod, excepting one:

The only reliable trigger I can give you, is playing a custom battle with you as Isengard and your opponent as Sylvan Elves. If you have Uruk-Hai pikemen in your team and you put Ents in your opponent's, the game crashes. I've tried this half a dozen times, and it always crashes with that combination. You can have any troops in Isengard except pikemen, and you can play the battle without a hassle, but the moment pikemen are involved, it crashes. The reason for the crash is always an unspecified error

I've also fooled around with other large creatures like trolls and Sauron, and they do not give the same error when pikemen are involved
    Trolls and Pikemen don't cause crashes, Sauron might on occasion, Ents, Wolves and Spiders very often do for a part of the players. It looks like you are suffering from the problem that is described in this THREAD.
    There is no reliable solution known AFAIK.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

I've just now started to have an issue, ive played over 100 hours of this mod/submod and besides the constant crashing, it's been mostly OK, but now i cant play it at all. I haven't been on in maybe 2-3 weeks, but like i said, have over 100 hours of this mod(s) since installing, so i load it up and as soon as i move the cursor or try to click anything on the menu the game minimizes to the desktop. Doesn't crash, it's still apparently running fine, i can click the tab of the open game and it comes back up, then as i move the cursor or try to click it minimizes again. I've been playing Rome: Total war this morning and the laptop was perfectly ok and this laptop is used exclusively for the few steam games i have and hasn't been used since i last went on this mod/submod besides this morning.

Not sure how to fix this, but i certainly won't be doing any kind of fresh installs, if thats all i can do then i'll say my goodbyes to the game now. Took me weeks to get it to work in the first place.

Hey there. I'm having an issue launching the game. I went through the bugfixes as suggested. So my problem is: I've downloaded/installed everything as per instruction. The game loads up perfectly without an issue. When I try to start the Eriador campaign, the loading bar goes all the way to the end, then crashes the game. No messages given or anything of that nature. It simply closes down the game entirely. Any thoughts?

Since you posted the exact same message in the MOS thread, I presume you are playing MOS. Never post the same thing in two different threads.

In case somebody wants to reply to this, please take it to the MOS thread
    HERE.

Please refrain from replying to this post in this thread.

Thank you,
    Veteraan, TATW local Moderator
    Last edited by Veteraan; March 10, 2018 at 11:11 AM.

Tiro

Default Re: TATW 3.2 Bugs & Issues (Read 1st post before posting!)

So I think it is turn 11 as Isengard. Rohan amassed quite a force outside Orthanc and Saruman met them in the field to begin the Commencement of the Dark Crusades! Well, the battle crashed just as I was firing ballista bolts into their axemen and having a ranged skirmish. I have uploaded the system log and the only relevant line is the last that says an unspecified error caused a crash to Medieval II. The save game is called thiscouldbeit2, and you just need to move Saruman and all the forces within Orthanc to attack the army of Rohan.

This is the second time I've tried the battle, because the first time I seriously underestimated how long the ballistas take to fire. :p I'll try again a third time, and on...

Oh, and I am pretty sure 3.2 installed without issue, after reinstalling Medieval II, though Steam does funky stuff because of its "editions" like out of the blue change the Medieval II tab in my games tab to Medieval II - Definitive Edition, so I can't be toooo sure.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Bob69Joe; November 22, 2018 at 12:35 PM.

Vanillla Third Age 3.2 version and Third Age 3.2 version are same one ?

for that it said that 3.2 essential bugfixes for Vanillla 3.2? ,not said for Third Age 3.2 version

A little confused

Quote Originally Posted by lookclap View Post
    Vanillla Third Age 3.2 version and Third Age 3.2 version are same one ?

for that it said that 3.2 essential bugfixes for Vanillla 3.2? ,not said for Third Age 3.2 version

A little confused
    They are the same. I think the vanilla mention was added to make absolutely sure the bugfixes would not be used on TATW with a submod already installed. Most if not all submods already have those bugfixes included anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    They are the same. I think the vanilla mention was added to make absolutely sure the bugfixes would not be used on TATW with a submod already installed. Most if not all submods already have those bugfixes included anyway.
    SO if I am going to install DAC3.0 , I need to do the following : install TATW_3.0 part1of2 -----TATW_3.0 part2of2---TTATW_3.2---- essential bugfixes for Vanillla 3.2---DAC 3.0

Am I right for the installation procedure ?

Quote Originally Posted by lookclap View Post
    SO if I am going to install DAC3.0 , I need to do the following : install TATW_3.0 part1of2 -----TATW_3.0 part2of2---TATW_3.2---- essential bugfixes for Vanillla 3.2---DAC 3.0

Am I right for the installation procedure ?
    Basically yes, but since you are installing DAC, you best go here:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ] It's a video on how to install TATW from the DAC team. After you have done that, head over to the DAC forum to THIS thread, which explains exactly how to install DAC.

I deleted a few posts where you again ask the same question in other threads, although I asked you to stop doing so. I will not warn again about this.
    Last edited by Veteraan; June 28, 2019 at 05:14 AM.

I've watched the Video ,but He didn't mentioned the essential bugfixes for Vanillla 3.2

BUT now I see

Thank you very much for all your time

谢谢

Good, I take it your problem is solved then.

My Internet connection stopped while I was writing my previous post, which meant I had to switch to my phone to complete it and fix the video link. If should be okay now.

I know it has been a long time and perhaps and perhaps I am missing something. I am a long time player of different submods and just started TATW 3.2. It seems that my ballista towers/boiling oil (i turned on manually) don't work in any settlements other than fortresses. They are present on the towers in large cities but don't fire ballista missles nor does the boiling oil work.

I have a problem. The One Ring message still doesn't appear for me. I'm around turn 58. Playing as Gondor in Very Hard Campaign difficulty. Any idea when it appears?

I have a problem with the campaign. I am in turn 80 and the One Ring doesn't appear. I gave the One Ring ancillary to the Witch-King using the console of M2TW. But, Sauron is not ressurected yet. The invasions are not avaiable yet and Aragorn doesn't show up for Gondor.

Hello. Anyone knows here when Sauron Invasions are enabled? Sauron doesn't return yet. I'm in turn 54, and in the script, it says that it will appear on turn 46. Help please.

VH/VH Gondor Campaign - Third Age Total War 3.2

Quote Originally Posted by THIRDAGESUPER View Post
    Hello. Anyone knows here when Sauron Invasions are enabled? Sauron doesn't return yet. I'm in turn 54, and in the script, it says that it will appear on turn 46. Help please.

VH/VH Gondor Campaign - Third Age Total War 3.2
    Nevermind! Forget what I told to all of you. I got an invasion to Minas Tirith and Sauron is present in the game. Invasions are enabled! Sorry for being impatient, lol.

After 30 turns will enable. Is random but in normal TATW will appear in 30 turns or after.
    Fall of the Republic & Rise of the Empire: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...FRRE-mod-links