Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: REPORT TATW 3.2 Bugs & Issues (Read 1st post before posting, this thread is not for fixing bugs and issues, just for reporting them!)

Default Re: REPORT TATW 3.2 Bugs & Issues (Read 1st post before posting, this thread is not for fixing bugs and issues, just for reporting them!)

Thank you Elven and Rebel, got it all figured out. Very helpful

Default Re: TATW 3.2 Bugs & Issues (Read 1st post before posting!)

Hello, excuse me if this is the wrong place to report this, maybe this has happened before. I am playing Third Age Total War with the enhanced MOS submod. I acquired the balrog general in my campaign as orcs of the misty mountains, but when in battle in the plains, there is no balrog in the unit, only orc bodyguards. Help please

Default Re: REPORT TATW 3.2 Bugs & Issues (Read 1st post before posting, this thread is not for fixing bugs and issues, just for reporting them!)

That has nothing to do with vanilla TATW 3.2, it is an issue with MOS submod, and, you are not alone. Others have issues with wolves, spiders etc. At the moment there is no fix for it, other than stop playing MOS submod.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Finally I found it! really helpful~Thanks a lot!

hi there, I have a problem with my vanilla TATW. When I play a campaign, I can do battles on custom settlements like Cair Andros and Osgiliath, but when I try to do a battle on a normal town of castle then the game crashes and says it has encountered an unspecified error. Ive done the daylight saving fix, deleted both the descr_geo and the map files, and have turned off virtualstore as well. Its not a spec issue as I have literally the best laptop going, with a good graphics card and gpu. Anyone Help?

Henneth Ammun is a mess. It looks beautiful static, but moving around the camera view is insanity because of the vast and sudden height differences.

There's also a weird bug I'm experiencing where besieging armies bring a battery ram, but don't move the ram to the gate. Sometimes this is fixed by completely destroying the first unit that holds the ram, sometimes not...too bad, I was looking forward to awaiting the orc armies at the top of the hill!

Two minor audio issues (not bugs) that should be easy fixes; maybe a submod already takes care of them?

1) I'm assuming the M2TW audio "Be awed at the victory we have won here today!" was intentionally clipped to remove references to Christianity. However, a heroic victory audio I didn't catch the beginning of concluded with mention of "All of Christendom" something something "done here today".

2) Faramir's special ability audio is one of Boromir's lines. Perhaps that could be switched with the Boromir audio, which is nonverbal.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by alex86 View Post
    Henneth Ammun is a mess. It looks beautiful static, but moving around the camera view is insanity because of the vast and sudden height differences.

There's also a weird bug I'm experiencing where besieging armies bring a battery ram, but don't move the ram to the gate. Sometimes this is fixed by completely destroying the first unit that holds the ram, sometimes not...too bad, I was looking forward to awaiting the orc armies at the top of the hill!
    try the submods DAC MOS altirnative patch they include if I remember correctly a fixed hetter annun

Quote Originally Posted by alex86 View Post
    Two minor audio issues (not bugs) that should be easy fixes; maybe a submod already takes care of them?

1) I'm assuming the M2TW audio "Be awed at the victory we have won here today!" was intentionally clipped to remove references to Christianity. However, a heroic victory audio I didn't catch the beginning of concluded with mention of "All of Christendom" something something "done here today".

2) Faramir's special ability audio is one of Boromir's lines. Perhaps that could be switched with the Boromir audio, which is nonverbal.
    thanks for the effort to report this but TATW is out of development
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Hi everyone, I'm a big fan of total war and LOTR but I've installed quite lately the TATW mod. I can enjoy most of the game's features and it is Awesome! But...I still have some crashes...Everything going quite well (although I have a Macbook Pro 8GB, 2.7GHz and it's not convenient for gaming...) but there is only one issue:

The game crashes (CTD) for particular maps (in custom battles and campaign): Minas Tirith, Hornburg, Osgiliath, Cair Andros, and few others... but Hobbiton, Barad Dur,... and Moria (in the fellowship campaign) work perfectly.
    (I have on other issue that is not such a big deal: some pictures from messages (palantir, you reached "...", etc..) in the campaign are totally black or I have a cinematic of the crusade from the original MedII instead of the equivalent dictated by Sauron... anyway the first one is the TRUE issue)

For information,
    I've basically installed MedII + Kingdoms + TATW 3.0 + Patch 3.2
    I've read all existing posts, messages, notes about issues in TATW and tried everything, even to understand the errors (as a software engineer I know lot of langages but I don't have any game coding background so I just concluded nothing...). I solved some display issues but not the MAIN one.
    (I've even tried the unofficial 3.3 patch, and the same crash persisted plus an other in the campaign, but anyway I removed it)

So if you have an idea, even a really operational one, do not hesitate to answer my post ^^
    I know that some people have bigger issues due to their devices, OS or what else... and they are the true poor guys... I can already enjoy the main part of the game but as a LOTR fan you can barely understand that a TATW mod is not a real one without these LEGENDARY maps!!!

Thank you in advance for your suggestions and clues...
    Keep enjoying the mod guys.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTotalWarfan View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm a big fan of total war and LOTR but I've installed quite lately the TATW mod. I can enjoy most of the game's features and it is Awesome! But...I still have some crashes...Everything going quite well (although I have a Macbook Pro 8GB, 2.7GHz and it's not convenient for gaming...) but there is only one issue:

The game crashes (CTD) for particular maps (in custom battles and campaign): Minas Tirith, Hornburg, Osgiliath, Cair Andros, and few others... but Hobbiton, Barad Dur,... and Moria (in the fellowship campaign) work perfectly.
    (I have on other issue that is not such a big deal: some pictures from messages (palantir, you reached "...", etc..) in the campaign are totally black or I have a cinematic of the crusade from the original MedII instead of the equivalent dictated by Sauron... anyway the first one is the TRUE issue)

For information,
    I've basically installed MedII + Kingdoms + TATW 3.0 + Patch 3.2
    I've read all existing posts, messages, notes about issues in TATW and tried everything, even to understand the errors (as a software engineer I know lot of langages but I don't have any game coding background so I just concluded nothing...). I solved some display issues but not the MAIN one.
    (I've even tried the unofficial 3.3 patch, and the same crash persisted plus an other in the campaign, but anyway I removed it)

So if you have an idea, even a really operational one, do not hesitate to answer my post ^^
    I know that some people have bigger issues due to their devices, OS or what else... and they are the true poor guys... I can already enjoy the main part of the game but as a LOTR fan you can barely understand that a TATW mod is not a real one without these LEGENDARY maps!!!

Thank you in advance for your suggestions and clues...
    Keep enjoying the mod guys.
    try these steps to get custom settlements working:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14972654
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Hey guys, I'm having my first bugs ever with TATW (after many years + installs reinstalls etc). In Isengard when I capture it there are two mines that appear, regardless of which faction built them. Eg if I capture it and it's got an orcish mining network, I can then build an additional mine and upgrade to mining network. Even if the original mine was built by men, I can still build a second one. Is this a feature or a bug? The second mine doesn't seem to increase mining income though which is why I'm reporting it (and I know the mod's out of development...Just curious).

Second one is i've encountered a 'double unit' bug. Somehow a unit of snaga skirmishers owned by OoTMM got doubled in size - up to 504 men. Whenever I fought that unit on the battlefield the game would chug incredibly and then i'd get a unhandled exception (?) or similar error and a ctd. I didn't think to take a picture of this unfortunately but it was definitely tied to battles against that unit - i eventually coaxed it out of its settlement and had hte same problem on an open battlefield. I think maybe it was tied to garrison script...but I hvaen't encountered it again.

neither was gamebreaking so i cbf reinstalling but just thought I would mention. Love all the LOTR mods btw!

Hi my game crashes when I switch between Campaign menu and custom battle. What should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Wolf View Post
    Hi my game crashes when I switch between Campaign menu and custom battle. What should I do?
    That's not a TATW bug, but an old M2TW issue when switching between these two menus(for some users) . Cause of it, and a fix, is not known. Just avoid switching between them.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    That's not a TATW bug, but an old M2TW issue when switching between these two menus(for some users) . Cause of it, and a fix, is not known. Just avoid switching between them.
    Okay thanks.

Icon1 Re: REPORT TATW 3.2 Bugs & Issues (Read 1st post before posting, this thread is not for fixing bugs and issues, just for reporting them!)

Hello I have a problem about 2 days ago I downloaded 3.0 and started playing and it was a blast but then I downloaded 3.2 and installed it and when I tried to play any custom battles the game would crash and say "medieval total war encountered an unspecified error and will close" I read something about deleting the maps.rwm file so I did that and still crashed so then I deleted the entire third age folder and re downloaded 3.0 and it is still crashing every time I try to start a custom battle any ideas? plz.

Last edited by ElvenKind; January 15, 2017 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Specter View Post
    Hello I have a problem about 2 days ago I downloaded 3.0 and started playing and it was a blast but then I downloaded 3.2 and installed it and when I tried to play any custom battles the game would crash and say "medieval total war encountered an unspecified error and will close" I read something about deleting the maps.rwm file so I did that and still crashed so then I deleted the entire third age folder and re downloaded 3.0 and it is still crashing every time I try to start a custom battle any ideas? plz.
    -When does the battle crash?
    -Do other battles crash(the ones in campaign)?
    -Are there any reinforcements on either side of the battle which crashes(there should be none since it is a custom battle)?
    -Are there any Axethrowing units on either side of the battle?

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    -When does the battle crash?
    -Do other battles crash(the ones in campaign)?
    -Are there any reinforcements on either side of the battle which crashes(there should be none since it is a custom battle)?
    -Are there any Axethrowing units on either side of the battle?
    I actually found out how to fix it on the previous page by turning daylights saving time off and deleting those geography file things in the data folder. it was crashing right after the army setup I was Harad with about 10 Mumakills vs gondor(I forget what their troops were)

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

BUG: as player Mordor, find the ring and fail to deliver it (stolen by Gollum) then find it again -> no message telling you to deliver it and it cannot be delivered (script doesn't fire to receive it).

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15302295

Player evil (not Mordor) might have a similar problem.

Basically, you can find the ring multiple times but its delivery to Mordor will only work on the first finding.

I have a bug when i play Eriador, after some turns, i am not able to construct new buildings in my cities, clicking on the buildings cards have no more effect

Campaign battles crashing only when i'm in the swampy area of Dagorlad.
    The only crashes ive ever had occur in Dagorlad, close to the black gate it works 80% of the time but has crashed, as I move into the swampy area around the region capitol(Malgalad?) it crashes while loading the battle. Has happened multiple battles, whether small battles with militia only to large battles with artillery.
    2nd installation this has happened.

EDIT: Its working now. Did the descr_geography_new.txt rename file fix that is in the FAQ. That didnt help me when i tried it the first time but now it's working and I didnt change anything else. Either way problem solved, nothin to see here.
    Last edited by donions; June 25, 2017 at 01:58 PM.