Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: REPORT TATW 3.2 Bugs & Issues (Read 1st post before posting, this thread is not for fixing bugs and issues, just for reporting them!)

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: REPORT TATW 3.2 Bugs & Issues (Read 1st post before posting, this thread is not for fixing bugs and issues, just for reporting them!)

An actual bug:

Bandobras Archers should be one of the autonomy scripted units but is not, due to this line in campaign_script...

Code:
    generate_random_counter random_tribute 1 2 3
    Should be...

Code:
    generate_random_counter random_tribute 1 3
    There are nine such lines.
    Last edited by Withwnar; August 04, 2015 at 12:58 AM.

Default Re: REPORT TATW 3.2 Bugs & Issues (Read 1st post before posting, this thread is not for fixing bugs and issues, just for reporting them!)

I am unable to recruit, retrain or build anything at Hobbittown and the two adjacent cities.

Using vanilla TATW: I've been using Snaga Skirmishers, but they won't actually throw any projectiles. They'll do the whole animation right up until the instant the javelins should be released, and then slowly pull back like they were faking the throw, and no projectiles are actually thrown (none are even visible). The throwing sound still occurs, though, and the unit card says that they're firing. But no projectiles are visible, and none of the enemy ever dies.

Even in skirmish mode, even in spread formation, whether ordered manually or left to respond to a nearby threat automatically, the same problem occurs. I'm not sure if they're still counted as using ammunition, though.

My archers work just fine, though. I'm...not yet sure whether enemy javelin/axethrower units are having the same problem.

Whenever I try to play out a battle ( Custom, Historical, In campaign etc.) the game crashes and says "Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit." Otherwise the campaign works as long as I auto resolve battles. The setup for battles works but after the battle load screen pops up and is done loading, it crashes. I am playing version 3.2
    Please help!

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sushi View Post
    Whenever I try to play out a battle ( Custom, Historical, In campaign etc.) the game crashes and says "Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit." Otherwise the campaign works as long as I auto resolve battles. The setup for battles works but after the battle load screen pops up and is done loading, it crashes. I am playing version 3.2
    Please help!
    try this delete those files geography_db geography_texst or something along those lines in your third age 3 folder
    greetings atthias
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sushi View Post
    Please help!
    Google for: How to disable/turn off daylight saving setting for *your Windows version* ( insert your Windows version here). Restart your PC after that. If it doesn`t work, do as atthias suggests, only change is, these two descr_geography_new files are in your M2TW/ mods/ Third_Age_3/ data folder.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyWaffles View Post
    Using vanilla TATW: I've been using Snaga Skirmishers, but they won't actually throw any projectiles.
    My archers work just fine, though. I'm...not yet sure whether enemy javelin/axethrower units are having the same problem.
    I have seen this before with javelins, I think it was misty mountain snaga. also dwarven axethrowers seem to be making my game crash, especially if I look at them close up in battle. just gonna not use them and see if I have any more problems.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Muaddib420 View Post
    I have seen this before with javelins, I think it was misty mountain snaga. also dwarven axethrowers seem to be making my game crash, especially if I look at them close up in battle. just gonna not use them and see if I have any more problems.
    for your axe trowing problem do this
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Axethrower fix is easy: download this file, extract it using Winrar or WinZip, and copy//paste it in your M2TW/data folder. Merge FOLDERS if asked, and for FILES Copy and Replace option. NOTE! Copy paste whole models_missile folder, not just francisca.high.CAS file.
    If that doesn`t work, try this then:
    1. Download Notepad++ and install it if you haven`t already.

2. Locate a file called descr_projectiles.txt inside your M2TW/ mods/ Folder where TATW + DaC is installed/ data folder. ( First, make a backup of this file somewhere in case you screw up)

3. Then, Right mouse click on descr_projectiles.txt file, Edit with Notepad++, and, press CTRL+F on your keyboard, type "francisca" in ˝Find What˝ window, and then just locate this line:
    Code:
    ;##########################################################################
    ;################################# AXES ###################################

projectile quality_thrown_axe

damage 0
    radius 0.05
    mass 0.15
    accuracy_vs_units 0.05
    min_angle -75
    max_angle 60
    velocity 30
    display aimed spin 4
    ;model mods/Third_Age_3/data/models_missile/francisca_high.cas, 40
    model data/models_missile/francisca_high.cas, 40
    model data/models_missile/francisca_high.cas, max

How to fix it? Delete two ˝model˝ lines WHICH ARE UNDER THE RED PART, and, Remove this sign ; from THE RED PART so that it looks like this:
    Code:

damage 0
    radius 0.05
    mass 0.15
    accuracy_vs_units 0.05
    min_angle -75
    max_angle 60
    velocity 30
    display aimed spin 4
    model mods/Third_Age_3/data/models_missile/francisca_high.cas, 40

Also, if the folder where you have installed DAC IS NOT named Third_Age_3, but for example: Third_Age_DAC.. Then , just replace the red highlighted Third_Age_3 with the name of your folder, for example replace it with Third_Age_DAC.

Note! Do not name your folder with spaces between words, like, Third Age DAC, it needs to be named: Third_Age_DAC

Code:

damage 0
    radius 0.05
    mass 0.15
    accuracy_vs_units 0.05
    min_angle -75
    max_angle 60
    velocity 30
    display aimed spin 4
    model mods/Third_Age_DAC/data/models_missile/francisca_high.cas, 40

Delete map.rwm file in your M2TW/ mods/ Folder where DAC is installed/ data/ world/ maps/ base folder. Test do your axethrowers crash again.

greetings atthias
    Last edited by ♔atthias♔; December 16, 2015 at 09:54 AM.
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

pliss help me!! I have problem during end turn phase.It takes me 3-4 min to complete the end turn phase.

Quote Originally Posted by PISANGDMO View Post
    pliss help me!! I have problem during end turn phase.It takes me 3-4 min to complete the end turn phase.
    Hi there! This thread is not for fixing your issues, only for reporting them. Your issue could be that:

1) you are playing some submod for TATW which is heavily scripted, in that case, your PCs processor is not strong enough for processing the mod`s scripts and everything else. We can`t help you with that.

2) or, your TATW is installed in either Program Files or Program Files(x86) folder. In that case, move/reinstall your whole Medieval II Total War folder ( plus your mods) somewhere on your PC ( in C: Games or whatever) just as long as it is not installed in one of these two mentioned folders.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

my TATW campaign and solo custom battles work fine no crashes.
    I have issues when trying to play multiplayer.
    it crashes when i hit next to actually host a game players can join, also the list of maps available doesn't include a lot of the custom settlements which is odd since i see youtubers posting multi-play battles over those cities. My friends and I would love some insight if anyone has any.

Quote Originally Posted by gnappoman View Post
    my TATW campaign and solo custom battles work fine no crashes.
    I have issues when trying to play multiplayer.
    it crashes when i hit next to actually host a game players can join, also the list of maps available doesn't include a lot of the custom settlements which is odd since i see youtubers posting multi-play battles over those cities. My friends and I would love some insight if anyone has any.
    Ask here about Multiplayer issues. Good luck!

dunno this was a bug or not, i fought near Azanulimbar-Dum castle, Iron hill region. in batlle map, my unit cant move anywhere since the warning "cannot move here as the path os obstructed.

Hello so ive been trying to get TATW to run on my pc for the longest time and i still cannot get it to work. my current issue right now is the game wont even start up. i renamed the Third_Age_3 file as "americas" and then i go into steam and select the americas campaign and then the Third Age loading screen appears for a split second and then it returns me to desktop with no message or anything. Im running M2TW and kingdoms on steam and they both work fine. i downloaded TATW from moddb with 3.0 part 1 and 2, and also with the 3.2 patch. i follwed instructions on numerous guides and none have seemed to work for me. ive been at this for days. someone please help me out.

Quote Originally Posted by rebel1994 View Post
    Hello so ive been trying to get TATW to run on my pc for the longest time and i still cannot get it to work. my current issue right now is the game wont even start up. i renamed the Third_Age_3 file as "americas" and then i go into steam and select the americas campaign and then the Third Age loading screen appears for a split second and then it returns me to desktop with no message or anything. Im running M2TW and kingdoms on steam and they both work fine. i downloaded TATW from moddb with 3.0 part 1 and 2, and also with the 3.2 patch. i follwed instructions on numerous guides and none have seemed to work for me. ive been at this for days. someone please help me out.
    Hi there, and welcome to TWC Forums

This thread is not for fixing issues, only for reporting them.. but, since you are new here, we`ll let you pass with this one.

Now, what Windows do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by rebel1994 View Post
    I have the same exact issue. I am using Windows 10 and running it off Steam, just downloaded this today.

Do you need to download 3.0 1 & 2 as well? On the download page is specifically says just to have 3.2

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxaholic View Post
    Do you need to download 3.0 1 & 2 as well? On the download page is specifically says just to have 3.2
    Yes, you need TATW 3.0 Part 1 and Part 2, and TATW 3.2 Patch.

First, take ownership of your main Medieval II Total War folder ( google for: How to take ownership of a folder in Windows 10).

Then, run TATW Installers, destination path must be "your" steam/.../ Medieval II Total War, change/select it manually.

At the end, disable/turn off Automatic daylight saving setting on your PC so that your battles don't crash. There are also bugfixes released, they are here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14533296
    Last edited by ElvenKind; January 28, 2016 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxaholic View Post
    I figured it out man. so yes you do have to download both 3.0 1&2 and than download the 3.2 patch. or at least that's what I did. I noticed that at the end of the install for 3.0 part 1 it said that there were files missing but it still installed. so I deleted that file and the download file, and I redownloaded it until I got a file that was clean. I noticed that google chrome was getting me corrupted files. Internet Explorer works a lot better. but makes to check at the end of the install for each file that it says "Successfully Installed" and not say any files are missing. I'm using Windows 10 as well

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Hi there, and welcome to TWC Forums

This thread is not for fixing issues, only for reporting them.. but, since you are new here, we`ll let you pass with this one.

Now, what Windows do you have?
    I'm sorry I had no idea! but I actually figured out the problem and it is now running perfect! even with the MOS and DaC mods. thank you though for responding. all the days of struggling and me doing research I always see you helping everyone and that is awesome! thank you for what you do ElevenKind