Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: REPORT TATW 3.2 Bugs & Issues (Read 1st post before posting, this thread is not for fixing bugs and issues, just for reporting them!)

Silvan Heir's Avatar Libertus

Icon10 Re: REPORT TATW 3.2 Bugs & Issues (Read 1st post before posting, this thread is not for fixing bugs and issues, just for reporting them!)

Hello I am new to the forum and I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but here I go. I am a big fan of the Silvan Elves and I have Third age installed with the 3.2v download.

I'm using cheats to see the full capability of the Silvan troops and I came across one unit of the Silvan Elves I couldn't create from the cheat engine using the "~" key.

The unit I'm referring to is called "Silvan Shield Guard". I have read over the export_descr_unit folder time after time...and have not found this unit's id

I have found "Silvan Heavy Spearmen, Silvan Heavy Swordsmen" , but not the "Silvan Shield Guard".

I may be over looking something very simple or this unit id is not where it should be.

Please let me know what you find out.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: REPORT TATW 3.2 Bugs & Issues (Read 1st post before posting, this thread is not for fixing bugs and issues, just for reporting them!)

Hello SH

Are you using any other submod, because I've never heard about that name and nor can I find it in export_units.txt?

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Default Re: REPORT TATW 3.2 Bugs & Issues (Read 1st post before posting, this thread is not for fixing bugs and issues, just for reporting them!)

Ngugi, I found what he was looking for in another thread.
    The name he is looking for is "aum Silvan Shieldsword" to create the Mirkwood Shield Bearers, it is for MOS.

PaDrE's Avatar Laetus

Hi everyone,i have complete install TATW and everything was normal...But i tried to change one region name,and create info for this region. After that i can open the game but can't start campaign. Need some .txt files to repair game:
    export_descr_buildings.txt ;export_buildings.txt ;imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt ;decr_regions ;
    descr_mercenaries ;descr_win_conditions

Default Re: TATW 3.2 Bugs & Issues (Read 1st post before posting!)

Hi,

Some of the buildings have faulty textures, like half of a building will be black as if it has no colour and the other half will be fine...not too sure what the problem is here.

Hello!

I would like to report a small problem. For some reason I cannot construct the House of Kings in Annuminas. (It's a large city, turn 230 more than 30000 population). I also can't recruit Dunedain Rangers anywhere. Has anyone encountered this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Suppersopp View Post
    1. post here, must just say I love this mod. Downloadet the newast patch for playing the fellowship campain, but I get crashes in the battle of Ithilien, so cant get further. Happens 3 times, the battle starts normal, then crashes suddenly after a while
    Same for me, in 3.2, most times the game crashes during the battle of Ithilien. But when it don't crash, I noticed that Mumakil JUST CAN'T DIE !!! Nope, I hit 'em with everything I got, they get bloody to their toes BUT DON'T DIE. The result, even when i've almost won the battle I get crashed ... Also crashes when fighting Orc Generals, playing with the Dwarves and after some time, the game shows the chat screen and automatically reloads to the latest Quicksave, without sound and showing character names instead of settlements. Can anybody help me out ? Thanks !!!

I downloaded the mod a couple of months ago and everything worked fine, but a few weeks ago I unistalled it. Now I tried to reinstall it again and it does not work, the game opens and then instantly crashes.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by gpruz04 View Post
    I downloaded the mod a couple of months ago and everything worked fine, but a few weeks ago I unistalled it. Now I tried to reinstall it again and it does not work, the game opens and then instantly crashes.
    Have you checked the Virtual Store?

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Hi I'm experiencing very weird bug. I tried already deleting map.rwm and geography_new files, but It haven't helped me. The thing is, I have 2 problems.
    1. : When I try to run the .bat file as administrator, I get pop-up saying: Could not find kingdoms.exe etc..., BUT if I run the .bat file normally (not as administrator) the game starts normally (weird though)...
    2. Whenever I try to play battle with "custom" units like Sauron, Nazgul, Olog-Hai Giant Spiders, or else I get CTD (for example me, playing as elves, and the enemy is mordor. I choose giant spiders in custom battle and upon clicking the "start battle" after deployment of my army, the game crashes).

I would appreciate any help in this matter.
    Thanks, and pardon my English.

P.S. : playing on Windows 8.1, 4 GB RAM, fresh install without any submods...

Anyone please help me with this strange bug (i guess it's a bug, but i don't know). I have a steam version of the game, and TATW 3.2 patch, Gondor campaign (in fact, this bug apears with any campaign). Everything in the screen looks very fuzzy and very very shiny. I tried to fix it by reinstaling Direct X and changing my graphical settings, brightness and gamma, but nothing happend, the blurred and shining graphics still there in any campaign.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails strange graphics.jpg   enb2014_12_12_20_36_22.jpg   enb2014_12_12_20_45_4.jpg   enb2014_12_12_20_45_50.jpg   strange graphics 2.jpg  

I require help with a bug that is troubling me. I'm playing hotseat with my brother and I'm Rohan. I lay siege to a rebel settlement with the intention of starving them out, or smashing them with superior tactics when they sally forth. I go to check on my besieging army next turn and find that they have retreated, lost many soldiers from all the army's units (some of which are tough and are very expensive to replace), and I was not so much as notified that the battle had taken place. I was not even offered an "Fight on the Battle Field or Auto-calculate" choice. Furthermore, using my spy that was in the city I saw that they lost relatively few units, mostly in the form of a few peasant archers (not enough to justify losing almost 100 generals bodyguard and more). This has happened twice, at 2 different settlements, on 2 different turns. My brother has already fought battles on the field so I don't know why it isn't giving me the option. I can't afford to have an insta-lose, every time I lay siege to a settlement.

I have TATW v3.2 and MOS v1.6.1 and every time I try to start a campaign, custom battle, or anything of the sort the game crashes and says "MTW2 has encountered a fatal error and will now exit." and when I try to run it as an administrator it says "kingdoms.exe cannot be found" and then "Can not find script file 'C:\G5BAISwitcher.\vbs'." I've turned off daylight savings auto adjust, and I disabled messages. What is going on?

I have Windows 8
    I have installed 3.0 part 1 and 2
    I have installed MOS 1.5.0 before installing 1.6.1
    I have the gold edition of MTW2

Every time i try to start a battle in TATW or a campaign the game crashes. I have TATW 3.2 and MOS 1.6.1.
    i have windows 8
    I have installed 3.0 both parts
    I have installed the complete 1.5.0 file for MOS

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonslayerelf View Post
    Every time i try to start a battle in TATW or a campaign the game crashes. I have TATW 3.2 and MOS 1.6.1.
    i have windows 8
    I have installed 3.0 both parts
    I have installed the complete 1.5.0 file for MOS
    It says when I try to run as administrator windows cannot find kingdoms.exe and can not find script file C:\G5BAISwitcher.vbs
    I've reinstalled everything and nothing happened.

Hi, I'm not 100% sure if this is where I should post this. If there's a thread for a fix for this, I'd love to get it. Otherwise, here's the problem:

I just re-downloaded TATW from Moddb.com and have had no problems with the game working. However, at the start of a campaign, there are no notifications to play with or without certain conditions. IE, Tol Acharn, Corsair Invasions, Reforge Arnor, etc. I've disabled UAC, tried re-downloading multiple times, but nothing seems to work. If someone could give me some insight on what the problem is, I'd be very grateful.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

(It wasn't the correct place to post, no. )

I'm guessing you played MOS or some other submod last time? TATW doesn't have any yes/no scrolls at campaign start, just a Welcome scroll.

Yeah, I tried it with MOS. I guess I remembered playing vanilla with the scrolls at the beginning, although apparently I have a bad memory.

I am having a serious issue with the TATW (3.2) grand campaign. As of this post I am unable to start a campaign. I can get past the faction screen, and the faction intro video without issue. However when the final loading screen prior to starting the campaign appears, it loads quickly all the way to the very end of the load bar on the bottom of the screen, and then takes 30 seconds to a minute for the last sliver. Then every time without fail, the screen goes back as if it is about to jump into the campaign, only to back out to my desktop without displaying any sort of error message. If any one has encountered, and fixed, this issue I would truly appreciate the help. I am using a steam copy of MTW2 with the kingdoms expansion, and followed the install guide posted on this site to the letter(that is to say, my new computer is running windows 8.1 and I followed the OS specific instructions for Windows 7). Running out of ideas, thanks for your time.

Maybe a new issue:
    Windows 7, Kingdoms 1.05, TA 3.2 (no submod)
    everytime the message that a faction is defeated appears the game craches with this standard crah message (unusual error appeared or something like that)