Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: REPORT TATW 3.2 Bugs & Issues (Read 1st post before posting, this thread is not for fixing bugs and issues, just for reporting them!)

Default Re: TATW 3.2 Bugs & Issues (Read 1st post before posting!)

I have just installed this awesome looking mod, but it keeps crashing at the loading screen before it get to the menu (with no error report). I then tried running it as an administrator but it crashes and says "Error: kingdoms.exe not found". I'm the first to admit I'm not tech savvy at all so I have no idea on whats going on, please help.
    I have Windows 8
    The non-steam version of M2TW Gold Edition & the M2TW Kingdoms Gold Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Teucer21 View Post
    I have just installed this awesome looking mod, but it keeps crashing at the loading screen before it get to the menu (with no error report). I then tried running it as an administrator but it crashes and says "Error: kingdoms.exe not found". I'm the first to admit I'm not tech savvy at all so I have no idea on whats going on, please help.
    I have Windows 8
    The non-steam version of M2TW Gold Edition & the M2TW Kingdoms Gold Edition.
    Hello there and welcome to TWC Forums!

Wrong installation.. click on EK's Install Thread link ( in my signature bellow) and you will be directed to a thread which has pictures for installation.

You need to do these steps which are explained there:

Edit security for your main M2TW folder, unhide hidden folders, check VirtualStore!

Uninstall TATW and manually delete Third_Age_3 folder from your M2TW/ mods folder.

Install all four TATW Installers, be sure to check the installation paths!

Good luck!
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

I have just recently installed third age 3.2 and my cities/castles wont upgrade past a certain level. For example my cities won't go past minor city. And it is not just one city or castle it is all of them including Minas Tirith which is already a huge city.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalWarGuy2332 View Post
    I have just recently installed third age 3.2 and my cities/castles wont upgrade past a certain level. For example my cities won't go past minor city. And it is not just one city or castle it is all of them including Minas Tirith which is already a huge city.
    You can check how many population is needed for the next Wall Upgrade if you hover your mouse over town's current population number..

And, be advised that some towns get wall upgrades after first Military Report event which happens between turns 36 and 48.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Yes, and when I hover my mouse over the population number it will not tell me how many people I need in order to upgrade. Even if I do reach that number there would be no upgrade for me to build.

Hmm.. That's strange.

Open up your own thread regarding this issue so we can help you there, cause this thread is for just reporting bugs.

And while you are there, tell us:
    1. What faction are you playing with?
    2. What is your current turn in your campaign?
    3. What Windows do you have?
    4. Is your M2TW steam or non steam version?
    5. You haven't change or edited any files on your own, or, installed any TATW Submod?

Hello.

I seam to have an crash-problem on my Harad campaign during a battle. I have played many battles before, but this one and the previous seam to crash. The previous battle only crashed the first time, but I could play the battle next time I reloded. This battle hovever, always crashes. It is a battle against Gondor, outside of Barad Harn (not a siege-battle, but just outside the city. The defenders came as reinforsements). The crash occurs a miniute after the battle begins. I have searched the web for solutions, and I have tried the most common solutions, like untick the automatic dayligt time, deleted the files of map.rwm, descr_geography_new.db and descr_geography_new.txt. It still dosen't work hovewer. I would appreciate any kind of advise, wheter its working or not, so thanks in advance.

Ps. I play on windows 7 Home Premium, and on steam.

Quote Originally Posted by OverlordDivine View Post
    Hello.

I seam to have an crash-problem on my Harad campaign during a battle. I have played many battles before, but this one and the previous seam to crash. The previous battle only crashed the first time, but I could play the battle next time I reloded. This battle hovever, always crashes. It is a battle against Gondor, outside of Barad Harn (not a siege-battle, but just outside the city. The defenders came as reinforsements). The crash occurs a miniute after the battle begins. I have searched the web for solutions, and I have tried the most common solutions, like untick the automatic dayligt time, deleted the files of map.rwm, descr_geography_new.db and descr_geography_new.txt. It still dosen't work hovewer. I would appreciate any kind of advise, wheter its working or not, so thanks in advance.

Ps. I play on windows 7 Home Premium, and on steam.
    Hi there and welcome to TWC Forums!

There is a Reinforcement bug, and you are apparently one of those who have it..

There is a fix for this, but, you will have to start a new fresh campaign in order that the fix actually works: More info on fix here ( LINK ) .

Since you have Steam, overwrite campaign_script .txt file in your steam/../M2TW/ mods/ Folder where Third Age is installed/ data/ world/ maps/ campaign/ imperial_campaign folder. Delete map.rwm file as instructed in steam/../M2TW/ mods/ Folder where Third Age is installed/ data/ text folder, and start a new campaign.

If you don`t want to try this fix and lose your current campaign, either avoid battles which have reinforcements on either sides, or, use auto_win attacker/deffender cheat. More info on cheats here: LINK.

Oki, thanks

I will go with the autoresolve fopr the battles that crashes (without cheat though). If this bug becomes to much of a problem, perhaps I will start over.

Thanks again

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Some EDB conditions use "event_counter {name} 0". They should be "not event_counter {name} 1". The "0" syntax evaluates to true regardless of whether the event counter value is actually 0. i.e. The conditions are still true when the event counter values are currently 1.

The entries in question are:

guild_greek_history_guild and guild_greek_dance_guild tree buildings: population_growth_bonus (is_the_ai)
    assassin and diplomat recruitment (fellowship)
    dragon_inn: trade_base_income_bonus (Shire_edb)

Also, in campaign_script.txt this is not needed:

declare_counter is_the_ai

No harm but it is redundant because that counter is never used (the event counter of the same name is).

Hello every one, i'm french so sorry for the mistakes
    I have a big problem with the fellowship campain. After the return of Gandalf and the missions start the game game can crash when i pass the turn. I note that the game crash if Aragorn and Gandalf are too near of Edoras and if Gimli is too near of Gandear but i can avoid to do the Aragorn and Gandalf's missions. I need your help because i do this campain for the big battles after : Helm's Deep and Minas Tirith
    Thank you very much !

J.dupond

I forget that :
    - I have TATW 3.2 in french
    - I have windows 7
    - And I test to re-installe the game 2 times
    Thank you

What should I do? I cant affect this...

I'd added a picture to that post, it didnt appear and I don't see a "edit" button... So, here the picture is -
    http://2i.cz/28fa6b4192

Quote Originally Posted by Rein Steep View Post
    What should I do? I cant affect this...
    Hello there and welcome to TWC Forums!

If you have some problem with TATW, open up a New Topic ( Thread) for it. Be sure to give us info about your problem, and, if it is a bad installation issue, let us know:

1. What Windows ( Operating System ) you have ?
    2. Is your M2TW a Steam or non Steam version?
    3. Have you installed all four TATW Parts ( 3.0 part 1 and part 2, Patches 3.1 and 3.2 ) ?
    4. There are no TATW Submods installed, just vanilla TATW 3.2 ?

Also, since you are a new TWC member, you have to make at least 5 posts to pass the Spam Filter ( Thema Devia Forum is good for making such posts).

LordJax's Avatar Laetus

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	typo TATW.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	926.5 KB 
ID:	296865

LordJax's Avatar Laetus

Amazing mod thanks to all the team but should that read the men of Rohan have a bond and, not the man of Rohan have bound?

Quote Originally Posted by LordJax View Post
    Amazing mod thanks to all the team but should that read the men of Rohan have a bond and, not the man of Rohan have bound?
    It won`t be the first typo error you find in this mod, the creators are not native english speakers.

Hi everybody, I've just joined your excellent forum. I'm experiencing a small bug with my Dale campaign (playing with MOS 1.61): I've received twice the "new family member" message, but my family tree panel doesn't show any new son or daughter! Is it only an aesthetical problem or will I never obtain new generals? Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Firepunch View Post
    Hi everybody, I've just joined your excellent forum. I'm experiencing a small bug with my Dale campaign (playing with MOS 1.61): I've received twice the "new family member" message, but my family tree panel doesn't show any new son or daughter! Is it only an aesthetical problem or will I never obtain new generals? Thanks in advance
    Hello there!

Well, you should post about this in MOS thread, cause this thread is about vanilla TATW bugs REPORTS ONLY.