Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: REPORT TATW 3.2 Bugs & Issues (Read 1st post before posting, this thread is not for fixing bugs and issues, just for reporting them!)

Default Re: TATW 3.2 Bugs & Issues (Read 1st post before posting!)

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Check out this post, this member also had the same situation as you do ( Windows 8 etc.. ) follow those instructions.
    And, for future error reports, please open up a new thread, cause this one is for reporting bugs only.
    Since you are new, we will help you here.

Good luck with the installation and enjoy TATW !

Recently installed the mod, the team is to be congratulated! I love the Tolkien universe.

But there is a bug that I can not pass up.
    By conquering the enemy turrets in a battle of siege, they are still firing on my troops! That was purposeful?

And could you explain me better the problem "performance issues" in Projectiles in Osgiliath?

“He who turns the other cheek is a cowardly dog -- a Christian dog.”
    ― Ragnar Redbeard

Every time I try to play the fellowship campaign, the game crashes right after it loads the campaign. I have no idea whats wrong.
    Everything seemed to install correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by toujoursRUGBY View Post
    Every time I try to play the fellowship campaign, the game crashes right after it loads the campaign. I have no idea whats wrong.
    Everything seemed to install correctly.
    Hi there and welcome to TWC Forums!

This is a bad install situation...

1. What Windows you have?

2. Is your M2TW/Kingdoms steam, or non steam version ?

3. Have you installed all four TATW Installers ( TATW 3.0 part 1 and part 2, TATW 3.1 Patch, TATW 3.2 Patch ) ?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

1. I have windows 7

2. I have steam version

3. I have installed and re installed all 4 installers.

I am really confused as to why its not working
    The game launches I choose a campaign, now i figured out its any campaign, it shows
    the cinematic, goes to the load screen, loads all the way, then crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by toujoursRUGBY View Post
    1. I have windows 7

2. I have steam version

3. I have installed and re installed all 4 installers.

I am really confused as to why its not working
    The game launches I choose a campaign, now i figured out its any campaign, it shows
    the cinematic, goes to the load screen, loads all the way, then crashes.
    Go here and follow the instructions.. These things you need to do:

1. Edit the security for your main Medieval 2 Total War folder ( instructions for Windows 7, 8 and VISTA Users )

2. Remove the current installation of TATW ( Third Age TW ) from your ..steam\steamapps\common\ Medieval 2 Total War\ mods folder ( it depends what installation method you used ). If you RENAMED one of your Kingdoms campaigns, you can just delete that renamed folder which contains TATW files.

3. Use one of the methods for steam installation, or just simply follow the steps in pictures in the section named STEAM Installation of Third Age Total War.

Good luck!
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Recently installed the mod, the team is to be congratulated! I love the Tolkien universe.

By conquering the enemy turrets in a battle of siege, they are still firing on my troops! That was purposeful?

And could you explain me better the problem "performance issues" in Projectiles in Osgiliath?

“He who turns the other cheek is a cowardly dog -- a Christian dog.”
    ― Ragnar Redbeard

Quote Originally Posted by Ezio Auditore da Firenze View Post

The first one is something like, adding to a difficulty factor, it would be much easier to conquer enemy town if NOT always under fire. This way, you have to work for it to conquer it.

Second is hardcoded engine of M2TW, Osgiliath is custom made settlement and so there can be some anomalities when using the M2TW engine.
    It is really not that big bug, just something that can`t be changed, it is hardcoded.

Something I've noticed just now: all javelins have a completely black texture. I thought it was because of MOS but I tried a clean install of vanilla and it's still there. Does anyone know why? I searched this topic but found nothing about it.

By the way, to fix the axethrowers sounds I change their weapon type from "axe" to "spear" in the EDU. I haven't noticed any changes, everything seems to work fine. They fire, animate and kill just as well, but with a better sound.

MORDOR 3.2 GUIDE
    System specs for future reference: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.1 GHz, RAM 8 GB, GeForce GT530 2 GB, HDD 1 TB, everything else ASUS.

Hello,

i had a bug noted several times here. Dain's Halls on the Erebor Quest of the Fellowship Campaign was owned by the Silvan Elves before i arrived there with my dwarves, elves have probably bought the settlement with a diplomat (dumb elves!) in the two or three turns i've made to come.
    The result is there is no way to do the Erebor Quest. You could create a elves-dwarves friendship agreement (give back Dain's Halls versus free dwarf iron for the elves) when something like that happens, would be fun

Also i wonder about somthing, might be a bug but maybe my fault. Do i have to let Gimli waiting the Rhun invasion on Gasgard ? Cause i have bring the Dale's men near the city and nothing happens, Dale quest ends after the twelve turns, no Rhun troops. Are they in the area or near the city ? Do i have to meet them? May i do the quest without Gimli ?

And Princess quest of Aragorn in Umbar as the Harad ambush of Faramir in Ithilien are both very hard!
    That's how far i goes on the fellowship campaign.

I was fighting rohan while i was defending The Hornburg. Rohan had reinforcements and they just stood on a clifface and i couldnt attack them after i killed rohans main army. The reinforcements couldnt move.

Please help! It seems no matter what I do the mod won't load! I installed everything and I open it and it says I have encountered an unspecified error. I don't know what it means to install just one kingdom and I am running it on steam. I have the Kingdoms expansion pack and need help!

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicoX View Post
    Please help! It seems no matter what I do the mod won't load! I installed everything and I open it and it says I have encountered an unspecified error. I don't know what it means to install just one kingdom and I am running it on steam. I have the Kingdoms expansion pack and need help!
    Hi there and welcome to TWC Forums!

You installed it wrong, in my signature bellow, click on EK's Install Thread, and follow the steps explained for Steam Installation of TATW. And, if you have Windows Vista, 7 or 8 installed, be sure to edit the security as explained there. And, verify game cache as explained there too.

Good luck!

Edit: If you stil have problems, open up a New Thread for your problem so we can solve them all in it.

Thanks Elvenkind! I am currently doing what you said!

Another question Elvenkind, when doing what you tutorial says you say when running the installers it has to be C:/Desktop/GAME, it says that doesn't exists. What does exists is C:/Users/Jaxpm/Desktop/GAME
    (Jaxpm is an abbreviation for my name)

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicoX View Post
    Another question Elvenkind, when doing what you tutorial says you say when running the installers it has to be C:/Desktop/GAME, it says that doesn't exists. What does exists is C:/Users/Jaxpm/Desktop/GAME
    (Jaxpm is an abbreviation for my name)
    Well, in my example it is C:/Desktop/GAME cause I have moved my Desktop to other hard drive so I don`t have C:/Users/NAME OF USER, but yours is as it should be.
    You can make this GAME folder even on your C: Drive or even some other Drive if it is easier for you to search for it. And after that, run TATW Installers and direct them to this GAME folder.

Laetus

Hey, thanks for making this great mod. Anyway, I've installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled several times, both the mod and the game. I have Kingdoms and M2TW on Steam, and I use Windows 8. I am almost certain I installed it correctly, yet whenever I launch it it says "The procedure entrance point _BinkSetVolume@12 could not be located in the dynamic link library..."

Laetus

Hey, thanks for making this great mod. Anyway, I've installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled several times, both the mod and the game. I have Kingdoms and M2TW on Steam, and I use Windows 8. I am almost certain I installed it correctly, yet whenever I launch it it says "The procedure entrance point _BinkSetVolume@12 could not be located in the dynamic link library..."

Quote Originally Posted by Michiel de Ruyter View Post
    Hi there!

Probably a bad install.. Check out my post #213 above, be sure to:
    1. edit security for your main M2TW folder,
    2. remove currently failed installation of TATW,
    3. and verify game cache in steam library BEFORE installing TATW again.
    4. Use one of the methods mentioned for Steam installation of TATW, or, use the method described in the pictures.
    Good luck!
    Last edited by ElvenKind; June 24, 2013 at 03:21 AM.

I've played a lot of campaigns and haven't had many problems. However, I've noticed a bug that seems to reoccur: Playing Gondor, and having rebuilt East Osgiliath, it usually prompts to build a Thieves Guild Headquarters, replacing the Mordor-built Master Thieves Guild already there. I always agree, but in one campaign out of every two played the building fails to appear despite the Treasury being emptied of the money. Are those foul thieves stealing it?