Thread: Problems with Human & AI Arnor Union - Third Age 3.2

Default Problems with Human & AI Arnor Union - Third Age 3.2

Hello.

If you have ever played Third Age Total War, you might have heard about the Arnor Union. It basically let you play as the ancient kingdom of the Dúnedain, using their units. But, if you put your cursor over a city after the union, you can see that it says "Free Peoples City". The same with villages, towns, large towns, etc.

Fortunately, after the union, the generals that are not part of the family, will be called "Arnor General". The same thing with spies, diplomats, and assassins. But, I would like to find a way to make Eriador into real Arnor.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Problems with Human & AI Arnor Union - Third Age 3.2

Hi. You need to edit Eriador in data/text/expanded.txt into Arnor when you are playing as Arnor. You can keep a copy of the original. Delete expanded.txt.strings.bin, then the game should regenerate it on startup.

I know. But there is a way to reunite it, completely to Arnor, through script modding, instead of modding expanded.txt? Because, after the union, generals are called "Arnor General".

No. For generals it can be done using traits but you can't give traits to settlements.

LOL. It is obvious that settlements can't have traits. But on youtube, I saw some gameplays of something called "Reunited Kingdom" that renames all settlements, generals, and agents of the faction. Maybe, it is about a hidden faction that you unlock through some conditions and make Aragorn king, and etc. I wonder if that is possible to install.

Edit: Here I attach you an image, so you understand more of what I'm talking about.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220124194958_1.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	390.1 KB 
ID:	366509
    Last edited by THIRDAGESUPER; January 25, 2022 at 07:19 AM.

In Reunited Kingdom mod the files are changed as I showed you, just you don't have to do it manually because programs are included to the package that swap the files for you as you wish. These programs are a continuation of Full Arnorian Reemergence submod that hasn't been made compatible with Third Age 3.2.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FAR.JPG  

I would like you to give me a installation tutorial of Reunited Kingdom. I'm not sure what requirements I need to install it. I've never played it, so I would like to test it, and see how good is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Jox View Post
    Make sure you have the following installed correctly:

- Medieval 2 Total War Kingdoms 1.5(CD-version is more welcomed);
    - A clean install of Third Age Total War 3.2;
    - MOS 1.62 with at least Bugfix 1, and Bugfix 2 installed;
    MOS 1.6.2 Information & Download links:
    Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post

MOS v1.6.2.exe Media Fire
    MOS v1.6.2-1.a Media Fire
    MOS v1.6.2-1.b Media Fire

MOS v1.6.2.rar Mega

MOS v1.6.2-1a.rar Mega

MOS v1.6.2-1b.rar Mega

Links for the bugfixer files. This is a one file download that allows you to install
    all 3 bugfixer files in one go. Installer provided by Mike Golf

MediaFire link for MOS bugfixer package (3 in 1 installer)

MOS 1.6.2 is a full install and for those who use a non Steam version it should be installed as follows:

1. Download the exe and the two bin files to your desktop or other known location on your system.
    2. Run the EXE file (MOS v1.6.2.exe) You do not have to perform any actions on the other two files.
    3. Follow the prompts provided in the installer

Make sure that you install MOS 1.62 in the SEGA folder

(as shown in the default path). If you renamed the SEGA folder then use the one you renamed it to. MOS 1.62 must not be installed in the Third_Age_3 folder, nor in the Medieval II Total War folder.
    4. Install the three Bug Fixer files. The easiest method is to use the "All In One installer" created by Mike Golf (See the "DOWNLOAD LINKS FOR MOS 1.62 FILES" section)
    If you want to install the files separately and don't know how to do that, look
    HERE
    for instructions.
    5. Finally be sure to run the "Cleaner.bat" file located in your installation folder before attempting to run the mod.
    6. Optional: Download the shortcut file if MOS has not been previously installed or if you wish to use the latest shortcut.
    If MOS is not installed in the default file folder you will have to edit the shortcut and the Third_Age_3 bat files as well as the TATW.cfg file to show the correct path.

Just remember to finish with installing the bugfixer files and running the "Cleaner.bat" one more time

DOWNLOAD Reunited Kingdom:
    Reunited Kingdom INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
    - Download LATEST Reunited Kingdom version(there is may be few links on the same file like Mega/Mediafire). Latest version always displayed in thread's title;
    - Install this submod in the same folder that your Third_Age_3 is installed in(TATW 3.2+MOS 1.62);
    - Be sure you don't have folders with name Third_Age_3 inside Third_Age_3 or data folders;
    - Run the "Cleaner.bat" file, which you can find in your "Third_Age_3" folder;
    - Play

The mod is pretty too heavy. But, I have a question. To install the mod, I need another "Third_Age_3" folder in order to install the mod properly? So, I don't corrupt Third Age vanilla folder.

Ah, one more thing. In which path I should install MOS 1.62, the bugfixers 1 - 3, and the RK submod?

Like this?: steam/steamapps/common/Medieval II Total War

Or like this?: steam/steamapps/common/Medieval II Total War/mods/Third_Age_3

Or like this?: steam/steamapps/common/Medieval II Total War/mods

I'm asking this to you, because, after I installed everything, I think I installed incorrectly the bugfixer, and that's why I think the RK Launcher was not working.

I think MOS to common and RK to Third_Age_3. But you can always install to a placeholder folder and copy the files to the right destination later.

Ok, let's see:

Mos --> steam/steamapps/common

RK --> steam/steamapps/common/Medieval II Total War/mods/Third_Age_3

Bugfixer --> steam/steamapps/common/Medieval II Total War/mods/Third_Age_3

In this way I install the three items?
    Last edited by THIRDAGESUPER; January 27, 2022 at 01:56 PM.

I don't know, I don't have the files myself.

This submod needs a installation tutorial on Youtube...

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    I don't know, I don't have the files myself.
    Hey Araval, I installed a mod similar that the one you are indicating, and it is very cool. Finally, I can play as the King Aragorn of the Reunited Kingdom. That mod is called DAC AGO.

Congratz!

Ah, one more thing. Something I can do in Third Age vanilla is just changing expanded.txt each time I play as Arnor and Eriador. Obviously, with a backup. Problem solved, my friend. If you want to know more about DAC AGO, here's the link of their discord and a youtube installation tutorial:

AGO discord: https://discord.gg/EB4ZnVwE

Youtube tutorial: https://youtu.be/P1Ht3Yr12Q8

Thank you for everything!