Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: REPORT TATW 3.2 Bugs & Issues (Read 1st post before posting, this thread is not for fixing bugs and issues, just for reporting them!)

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: TATW 3.2 Bugs & Issues (Read 1st post before posting!)

Have a look at this thread:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=583659

See the battle crash section. Also, if you have Windows 7/8 or Vista be sure to disable UAC first. (also in the thread linked to above)

Thank you StealthFox, I resolve the battle crash problem! Any idea for resolve problems with online battle in lan with hamachi, or any solution to play online with a friend in TATW.

Hello! When using a ram, the Dwarves don't want to push. They just kinda stand there and the ram moves by itself. Please see screenshots:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-02-23_00001.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	251.9 KB 
ID:	267575 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-02-23_00002.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	255.0 KB 
ID:	267576

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

In descr_strat.txt...

Code:
    resource	grain,		285,	266 ;dale
    resource	grain,		285,	266 ;esgaroth
    Judging by the comments Dale and Esgaroth should have one grain each but the same tile is used for both (Dale's). Esgaroth doesn't have any grain. Maybe that's how it should be and the comment is wrong.

Also, apparently "Mumakil" is the plural name, not "Mumakils". Not sure what the singular is, "Mumak" perhaps.

Pretty minor bugs.

Hello Community,

I have a problem with Gondor Campaign. I haven't downloaded any submods or stuff like that, i'm playing the 3.2 version with no add-ons. Everything works well so far, except for the Cair Andros battle. I'm defending with 2 Gondor militia and 2 Archer militia, while the enemy Mordor is besieging with different troops (usually Morannon Guards). Every time i try to launch a counter-attack, they flee toward the city and the game crashes, or sometimes they flee toward the river and again the game crashes. So i can't do nothing except waiting for them to attack, while my troops (like it have to be) decrease.
    Every other battle so far works well, so this makes me think that it is a specific map problem. But i don't know what to do.

P.S. I am sorry for my mistakes, i'm italian so there might be some grammar errors.

Quote Originally Posted by SternuS View Post
    Hello Community,

I have a problem with Gondor Campaign. I haven't downloaded any submods or stuff like that, i'm playing the 3.2 version with no add-ons. Everything works well so far, except for the Cair Andros battle. I'm defending with 2 Gondor militia and 2 Archer militia, while the enemy Mordor is besieging with different troops (usually Morannon Guards). Every time i try to launch a counter-attack, they flee toward the city and the game crashes, or sometimes they flee toward the river and again the game crashes. So i can't do nothing except waiting for them to attack, while my troops (like it have to be) decrease.
    Every other battle so far works well, so this makes me think that it is a specific map problem. But i don't know what to do.

P.S. I am sorry for my mistakes, i'm italian so there might be some grammar errors.
    There is a known bug wth Cair Andros , sometimes it crashes. What you have to do is either Auto-resolve that battle only, or try to fight it with different tactics.

My tactics is usually run my archers out when they run to the river then try to kill them all off as quickly as possible. Dont' give them a chance to move around and crash the game.

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Quote Originally Posted by Rorarii View Post
    There is a known bug wth Cair Andros , sometimes it crashes. What you have to do is either Auto-resolve that battle only, or try to fight it with different tactics.

My tactics is usually run my archers out when they run to the river then try to kill them all off as quickly as possible. Dont' give them a chance to move around and crash the game.

R
    Thanks, i'm glad it was not my computer/system! I too run out with the archers, but i'm never fast enough.

Fellowship Campaign, two bugs.

This one could just be a random glitch. Took Gimli to do the Dain's Hall quest. Waited a couple of turns, Dain's army turned up, marched off to Dain's Hall. Nothing to attack there. Settlement was owned by Silvan Elves (allies) and no evil army in the area except some Rebels a short distance away. Decided to attack Rebels, got message that need to clear my troops out of Dain's Hall (guess this is due to it simply looking for a victory in the area). So looks like whatever army i should have been attacking never appeared, or Dain's Hall was never properly taken by an enemy. Not sure if relevant, have modded the campaign to allow playing it in medium difficulty.... although would be surprised if this could affect scripted events.

Second (and i may have a save not too far before this), with Frodo and the Ilthien Rangers quest being attacked by the Mumakils. Tried a dozen times, couldn't get the damn things to run amok (fire or regular arrows)... forums no help, search results just kept saying Pelargir Marines or Siege Units, neither of which were available to me. Feeling a little frustrated by this, but decided there must be a way, tried to use terrain to my advantage, hiding in trees from the Mumakils. Now, i can't be 100% certain about this, but it happened multiple times, game crashed it seemed as soon as the Mumakils tried to enter the trees. When i left my units in the open it never happened, only when i hid in the trees. Anyway, in the end, i gave up on that battle, spawned in half a dozen fully upgraded Mumakils for the battle and let them steamroller the enemy (then disbanded after the battle). Still no idea how i should have won that battle without cheating.

Laetus

I got a problem every time i play on a Battlefield it crashes. Is see a split second the battlefield and then it crashes. Help me i realy love this mod
    it says M2: TW has encountered a unspecified error and will now exit
    It doesn't crash in vanilla

i got lowest graphics as possible

Quote Originally Posted by A-J View Post
    I got a problem every time i play on a Battlefield it crashes. Is see a split second the battlefield and then it crashes. Help me i realy love this mod
    it says M2: TW has encountered a unspecified error and will now exit
    It doesn't crash in vanilla

i got lowest graphics as possible

Hi there!

Disable daylight saving settings, if u have Windows 7, 8 or Vista, go to Control Panel, Clock, Date and Time, Change the time zone, Change time zone, uncheck `Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Savings time`.

If u have Windows XP, simply double click the “clock” time display in the lower right of the windows task bar. In the “Date and Time Properties” dialog box click on the “Time Zone” tab. Below the map uncheck the box labeled “Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving time.”

This usually makes it to work.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Can anyone help me here. I can download and play away on 3.0 but once I download 3.1 or 3.2 the game no longer works and I get the unspecified error message. Does the 3.1 or 3.2 patches make a.big improvement and therefore try and get the errors sorted or should I be just happy to play away on 3.0

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

I assume you re-downloaded 3.1 and 3.2 and tested that, as suggested?

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Hi,

I have a problem with TATW. I saw in this post is it a recurent issue i : "The game crashes before the first loading screens occurs (Reason: Installation was done in the wrong folder or some files (4 in total) of TATW 3.2 havn't been installed)"
    I install TATW and i success it but when I try to reinstall it, I was confront to that issue.
    So i try to reinstall again : don't work
    Redownload : same
    i check if i have install in the good folder, it was.
    So how i can solve this issue that i think it is because some files haven't been installed ?

Sorry for my bad english i'm french

Hi tomatetcube.

Have a look at this thread to make sure you installed correctly:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Before-Posting!)

Then, if you still need help please open a new thread, as this isn't the right place to ask for installation help.

I have a problem with my gondor campain ,Frogs mod 3.2,game crashes at turn 55-56 when the wild men of dunland faction is on the move(its says third age total war encountered an unspecified error and will now exit),also i deleted map.rwm in world folder but everytime game crashes file reappears :/
    sorry for bad english

This thread is for vanilla TATW only. Please ask for help in the relevant submod thread.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kong View Post
    Please...

1. report only bugs and issues if you have already installed the 3.2 Patch
    2. give some information about the circumstances of the problem and if possible, post a picture
    3. upload your last save-game if you have experienced a crash in a battle or campaign
    4. only report bugs if you have no sub-mods installed

Known Bugs & Issues

• The custom settlements are mainly designed for the campaign map, therefore custom battles with most custom settlements should only be played 1vs1.
    • Henneth Annun cave texture
    • Deployment difficulties in some custom settlements
    • Pathfinding difficulties in some custom settlements
    • Blackroot Archers Bodyguards do not replenish
    • Mission to blockade port may be illogical
    • Dwarven size can occasionally vary
    • Axethrowers sounds
    • Dunland rebels missing unit card
    • Mumakil death animation wrong

This is NO Bug:

• Erebor has wrong textures (Reason: outdated 3.2 patch download. To fix it, re-download and re-install 3.2)
    • Isengard can have 2 mines (Reason: outdated 3.2 patch download. To fix it, re-download and re-install 3.2)
    • passable water between Osgiliath (Reason: game limitation, no solution possible)
    • Projectiles in Osgiliath can sometimes fly through buildings (Reason: performance issues)
    • The game crashes before the first loading screens occurs (Reason: Installation was done in the wrong folder or some files (4 in total) of TATW 3.2 havn't been installed)
    • Landbridges at Pelargir or the Anduin river (Reason: Prevents AI from being stuck)
    • Missing boiling oil (Reason: too much advantage for the player; not mentioned in Tolkien's lore)
    • Rebels stand besides a city at game start (Reason: has one)
    • Custom settlement walls on campaign map not representing battle map model (Reason: game limitation)
    • Settlement model on campaign map ocasionally changes to vanilla ones (Reason: game limitation)
    • No floating unit banners (Reason: design decision)
    • Artillery crews can't be upgraded (Reason: hardcoded)
    i need help, i have installed third age total war 3.2 and when i run it, it sends me back to my desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by cobyadolfo View Post
    i need help, i have installed third age total war 3.2 and when i run it, it sends me back to my desktop.
    Hi there and welcome to TWC Forums!
    You installed it wrong..
    1. What Windows you have ?
    2. Is your M2TW/Kingdoms steam, or non steam version?
    3. Have you installed all four TATW Installers ( TATW 3.0 part 1 and part 2, TATW Patch 3.1, TATW Patch 3.2 ) ?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Hi there and welcome to TWC Forums!
    You installed it wrong..
    1. What Windows you have ?
    2. Is your M2TW/Kingdoms steam, or non steam version?
    3. Have you installed all four TATW Installers ( TATW 3.0 part 1 and part 2, TATW Patch 3.1, TATW Patch 3.2 ) ?
    windows 8
    m2tw non steam version gold edition
    yes i have

Quote Originally Posted by cobyadolfo View Post
    windows 8
    m2tw non steam version gold edition
    yes i have
    Check out this post, this member also had the same situation as you do ( Windows 8 etc.. ) follow those instructions.
    And, for future error reports, please open up a new thread, cause this one is for reporting bugs only.
    Since you are new, we will help you here.

Good luck with the installation and enjoy TATW !
    Last edited by ElvenKind; May 01, 2013 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Gramma :)