Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: REPORT TATW 3.2 Bugs & Issues (Read 1st post before posting, this thread is not for fixing bugs and issues, just for reporting them!)

Icon4 REPORT TATW 3.2 Bugs & Issues (Read 1st post before posting, this thread is not for fixing bugs and issues, just for reporting them!)

Please...

1. report only bugs and issues if you have already installed the 3.2 Patch
    2. give some information about the circumstances of the problem and if possible, post a picture
    3. upload your last save-game if you have experienced a crash in a battle or campaign
    4. only report bugs if you have no sub-mods installed

Known Bugs & Issues

• The custom settlements are mainly designed for the campaign map, therefore custom battles with most custom settlements should only be played 1vs1.
    • Henneth Annun cave texture
    • Deployment difficulties in some custom settlements
    • Pathfinding difficulties in some custom settlements
    • Blackroot Archers Bodyguards do not replenish
    • Mission to blockade port may be illogical
    • Dwarven size can occasionally vary
    • Axethrowers sounds
    • Dunland rebels missing unit card
    • Mumakil death animation wrong

This is NO Bug:

• Erebor has wrong textures (Reason: outdated 3.2 patch download. To fix it, re-download and re-install 3.2)
    • Isengard can have 2 mines (Reason: outdated 3.2 patch download. To fix it, re-download and re-install 3.2)
    • passable water between Osgiliath (Reason: game limitation, no solution possible)
    • Projectiles in Osgiliath can sometimes fly through buildings (Reason: performance issues)
    • The game crashes before the first loading screens occurs (Reason: Installation was done in the wrong folder or some files (4 in total) of TATW 3.2 havn't been installed)
    • Landbridges at Pelargir or the Anduin river (Reason: Prevents AI from being stuck)
    • Missing boiling oil (Reason: too much advantage for the player; not mentioned in Tolkien's lore)
    • Rebels stand besides a city at game start (Reason: has one)
    • Custom settlement walls on campaign map not representing battle map model (Reason: game limitation)
    • Settlement model on campaign map ocasionally changes to vanilla ones (Reason: game limitation)
    • No floating unit banners (Reason: design decision)
    • Artillery crews can't be upgraded (Reason: hardcoded)
    Last edited by ElvenKind; February 16, 2014 at 06:32 AM.

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

Default Re: TATW 3.2 Bugs & Issues (Read 1st post before posting!)

When I was playing Fellowship of the ring campaign, I noticed a possible Typo error? where is says TroopMorale in one word at the bottom of the information box

Attachment 225659

Also it might be due to my preferences or because I have huge units on, but when I had that task to kill the balrog there were something like 16 of them when its meant to be 1

Attachment 225660

I have a bug when using new Cair Andros map. Attacking Orcs are getting stuck on the walls (probably because of wrong ladders length). Same at Dol Guldur.

Halvar von Flake's Avatar Senator

Hi, I had/have problems with crashes when zooming to battle map...black screen and the ring circling...unfortunately, I always have to restart the computer.

At first I tried the timezone fix and worked for a while...then crashes occured again...then I tried to I deleted these two files...

descr_georgraphy_new data base file
    descr_georgraphy_new text document

...and battles worked well until I got graphical errors with the campaign map. I uploaded "GONDOR-Save"...with above two files I can fight battle at Osgiliath during AI-round but game crashes at the beginning of the next round. With two above files in I can't fight battle...

Regards (system is XP)

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

Esgaroth, Amon Sul, Minas Morgul, Caras Galadon, Tirith Ungol, Isengard are not in Custom Battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Rometotalwar View Post
    When I was playing Fellowship of the ring campaign, I noticed a possible Typo error? where is says TroopMorale in one word at the bottom of the information box

Also it might be due to my preferences or because I have huge units on, but when I had that task to kill the balrog there were something like 16 of them when its meant to be 1
    Well, King Kong added Moneybags14's new Fix for One Man Units, only Balrog and Sauron I think have this Script.. May not have been implemented in Custom Battles?

Mission to blockade port may be illogical
    The Anduin is too small for Boats, so can't blockade Ports like Framsberg, Beorn's Hall and Caras Galadon with Boats.. But what a person told me when I gave the same problem was you can use Ground Troops to blockade the Ports instead.
    Last edited by 2-D Ron; June 05, 2012 at 04:27 PM.

Moneybags14's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Rometotalwar View Post

Attachment 225660
    This is no bug, if king kong used my solution for a single balrog model he would be unkillable for those units as he would be considered and elephant. That's my take on the situation anyway.

I could be wrong but I believe he means to keep the balrog from being single model for AI.

Quote Originally Posted by 2-D Ron View Post
    Well, King Kong added Moneybags14's new Fix for One Man Units, only Balrog and Sauron I think have this Script.. May not have been implemented in Custom Battles?
    The fix for one man units is only possible in the campaign. It is currently IMPOSSIBLE to have the same exact type of unit, inside a custom battle. It would have to be a ranged siege elephant engine for custom battle to be possible without crashing in siege and have a single model.

I don't seem to be able to recruit Dunedain from their respective regions with my Eriador campaign (can only recruit Dunedain Rangers from Amon Sul), and I'm somewhere around the 100 turn mark. I also noticed there only seeming to be a single barracks event notification for the final events so possibly the two are related? It's been a bit of a speedrun campaign though, so I may have dismissed the messages without noticing, but I'll run a fresh campaign a bit later to see if the same thing happens.

Halvar von Flake's Avatar Senator

Since I lowered my video settings from highest map resolution to second highest it seems that I have less crashes with the Cair Andros and the Osgiliath map...!

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Moneybags14 View Post
    This is no bug, if king kong used my solution for a single balrog model he would be unkillable for those units as he would be considered and elephant. That's my take on the situation anyway.

I could be wrong but I believe he means to keep the balrog from being single model for AI.

The fix for one man units is only possible in the campaign. It is currently IMPOSSIBLE to have the same exact type of unit, inside a custom battle. It would have to be a ranged siege elephant engine for custom battle to be possible without crashing in siege and have a single model.
    Thanks for clearing that up; Still, a single unit in Campaign for Balrog would be nice to see and lore accurate.
    I agree it would be stupid to see other Generals with Single Units.

I have had no problems with this game at all, however upon download of patch 3.2 the game no longer allows the normal campaign to run. When I attempt to start a campaign with any nation it reverts to the 'Single Player' menu but the 'Third Age Campaign' button is no longer selectable.

The only thing I have done since downloading was to play the Fellowship Campaign. Then when I went to play the normal campaign, the above happened. Any help would be marvellous.

sebsebseb1234's Avatar Tiro

Due the fact that the water around Cair Andros is not passable attaking Units woun`t rout, they will all fight till death, also reinforcing units will just stay outside the battlemap boarder, i think thats beacuse they can`t reach the castle.
    Jesus was nailed at the cross, Thor has got a hammer. Any questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    I have had no problems with this game at all, however upon download of patch 3.2 the game no longer allows the normal campaign to run. When I attempt to start a campaign with any nation it reverts to the 'Single Player' menu but the 'Third Age Campaign' button is no longer selectable.

The only thing I have done since downloading was to play the Fellowship Campaign. Then when I went to play the normal campaign, the above happened. Any help would be marvellous.
    I should also mention, I have attempted to completely re-install the game and this still occurs.

When I try to play Erebor in custom battles it crashes

Two ancillary typos in the Fellowship Campaign.

Major of Bree - Mayor of Bree (Aragorn)
    Mithril West - Mithril Vest (Frodo)

I also experienced a crash when Aragorn was not in the same region as the princess when delivering her on the rescue quest.
    Last edited by Aedelric; June 07, 2012 at 02:41 PM.
    The Watchwords Of Midnight
    "The brave and the free fear no foe, go forth, mighty hosts of Midnight! Unto death or victory we go!"

The Midnight Chronicles

Well, I don't know if this can be called a bug, but some region limits on the campaign map look strange. I guess it's the ones changed in 3.2: Osgiliath, Cair Andros, and also Tharbad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindwurm View Post
    I have a bug when using new Cair Andros map. Attacking Orcs are getting stuck on the walls (probably because of wrong ladders length).
    I confirm this bug, Cair Andros seems to have some problems with sieging ladders, some orcs continue "climbing" them in mid air.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Si votre cannon tire, nos rochers n'en seront pas epouvantés

Waldesian fighter to French officer demanding surrender,
    Battle of Balziglia, 24th of may, 1690

Hey I'm new. I have expierienced a strange problem. Whenever I am trying to battle any other army my game crashes? Why?
    It says something like "an unknown error occured"

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by LaManche View Post
    Hey I'm new. I have expierienced a strange problem. Whenever I am trying to battle any other army my game crashes? Why?
    It says something like "an unknown error occured"
    Try disabling daylight savings time.

For Windows 7: Click on the clock on the taskbar, click "Change Date and Time Settings," click "Change Time Zone," then finally uncheck the box that says "Automatically adjust for Daylight Savings Time."

For Windows XP double click on the clock, select the "Time Zone" tab then uncheck the box for day light savings time.

There seems to be a problem with the Black Gate battle map - for some strange reason it can't accomodate a full stack of attackers and there's a ctd ; in campaign and in custom battles as well. I can only use seven or eight units as attacker (there is no problem on the other side).

EDIT: if you killed me, I would not tell you why but... after I've put the message here the "bug" was gone... I did not change nor touch anything.
    Last edited by Adjudant-Major; June 07, 2012 at 12:20 PM.

1. post here, must just say I love this mod. Downloadet the newast patch for playing the fellowship campain, but I get crashes in the battle of Ithilien, so cant get further. Happens 3 times, the battle starts normal, then crashes suddenly after a while

Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast