So, what does that new AI change exactly?
So, what does that new AI change exactly?
Not sure if it's a bug but in moria during the fellowship campaign there were 8 balrogs...
Is it a bug : after the fight in moria ( fellowship campain) klick for an new round and than the game goes down.
in normal game.. moria more than one balrog? and the besieged city had 21 units?
I had similar problems to you - this is my workaround.
1.Find ThirdAge.exe file (search) and put a Shortcut on your desktop.
2.Run Launcher and then run Thirdage.exe from the shortcut.
3, To get rid of M2TW music press Alt-Tab and close the left most icon in your sidebar(has picture of the launcher) Should now get TATW loading.
I note that Tharbad has been split into North and South. Do I need both for the Arnour emergence?
Last edited by StealthFox; June 07, 2012 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Double Post
Is this patch 3.2 different from the patch 3.2 in hear http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=500418?
Both are the same.
Thanks for the unexpected surprise of this release I've installed it and played a few turns of a new SE campaign with no problems so far. Thanks again!
Oh, okay. I've seen that one several times.
Now... I feel really dumb for having to ask this instead of just understanding it properly based on the simple instructions I've been given, but I'm going to write down what I've been doing so someone can point to whichever step is confounding me and say, "Well there's your problem, you dummy! Not that way; do it like this!" and save me from myself.
1. I install 3.0 to the following location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War
2. I copy the contents of the Third_Age folder into what used to be the Americas folder and 3.0 will play correctly. Except for the launcher apparently not closing when it's told to. I've tried the proposed workaround, but I keep getting an error: something about not being able to find Kingdoms.exe (even when Thirdage.bat is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War which is the same folder as kingdoms.exe
Now, step 3 is the part that confuses me. To which of the following paths should I install 3.2?
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\americas
When I install to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War the patch does not seem to activate, because versioninfo still says 3.0, and none of the changes described in the changelog appear to be in effect. Also, is there another step involved after this, such as copy-pasting files to another location?
I'm sorry for being obnoxious and stupid in not understanding this. Usually, I don't have this much trouble installing mods. Thank you all for being helpful.
I don't really "know my way", I read a short guide on the settlements file and changed a few values. I don't know which is for morale, I don't know what is the vanilla one (can't find the vanilla files). And how can I look at the files without installing the mod? If I knew this stuff I wouldn't be asking here.
I asked because I thought there was someone who knew the answers to these questions without having to spend hours pouring through half comprehensible game files - it takes just a minute or two to answer if you know it.
For the moderator: Merging the post here makes it drown in random comments - this "one thread to rule them all" seems a very ineffective way to handle such questions since they can be very different in nature, and most people don't bother to go through and read every single post, it is much easier to go through a forum and read thread topics.
It would be great if this stuff was in the changelog btw.
For example, technical issues, praise and critique, has little in common with my thread, as well as several others here. Does it really take up that much server space to have a few extra threads flying about?
You know, honestly, if I took the time to look around instead of checking 1 or 2 things and then asking stupid questions, I'd have saved you all from having to read my last several posts.
I have now found, read, and followed the installation instructions, and the game is working as it should be. My apologies for wasting the collective time of my fellow users.
PS: Don't I feel like a smacked ?
1. Most low-tier units has had their morale (stat mental) reduced by one. This include Gondor militia, Snagas etc and militia archers. Didn't find any changes for elite or medium units. (Gondor infantry, swan knights etc.)
2. I can find no changes in the Settlements file at ALL. I don't know why this file is included in the patch, maybe just to make it compatible with 3.1 (3.0 to 3.1 changes)? Chivalry still sucks (capped at 0.5% growth), health still has 0% growth etc. Corruption has the same value, wages, trade, farming etc. If growth has been changed I guess it is the individual settlement farming levels.
3. No change as far as I can see.
4. Bodyguards costs the same in wages and upkeep AFAIK.
Since I approve of the changes in part 1, and of course the adding of more custom battle maps, this patch is a getter. If any could verify or explain anything else here I would appreciate it.
Not only does Eriador own the Shire from the start, but it's Generals that start off in the Shire have Hobbit bodyguards! Nice!
- Eriador owns the Shire from the start, loses the Weathertop
Wow, great list of changes! I don't know how you guys do it, but it's like you can read my mind!
"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you..."
As it isn't save game compatible will my save of 3.1 still work with this patch installed (but not have the changes) or will it just cease to function?
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)