Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Patch 3.2 Released (re-uploaded)

Default Re: Patch 3.2 Released (re-uploaded)

So, what does that new AI change exactly?

Not sure if it's a bug but in moria during the fellowship campaign there were 8 balrogs...

OlafFC's Avatar Laetus

Is it a bug : after the fight in moria ( fellowship campain) klick for an new round and than the game goes down.

knicolas2's Avatar Senator

in normal game.. moria more than one balrog? and the besieged city had 21 units?

Hi Ulfguard.
    I had similar problems to you - this is my workaround.
    1.Find ThirdAge.exe file (search) and put a Shortcut on your desktop.
    2.Run Launcher and then run Thirdage.exe from the shortcut.
    3, To get rid of M2TW music press Alt-Tab and close the left most icon in your sidebar(has picture of the launcher) Should now get TATW loading.

I note that Tharbad has been split into North and South. Do I need both for the Arnour emergence?
    Last edited by StealthFox; June 07, 2012 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Double Post

Is this patch 3.2 different from the patch 3.2 in hear http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=500418?

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Both are the same.

Thanks for the unexpected surprise of this release I've installed it and played a few turns of a new SE campaign with no problems so far. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by jim600 View Post
    Hi Ulfguard.
    I had similar problems to you - this is my workaround.
    1.Find ThirdAge.exe file (search) and put a Shortcut on your desktop.
    2.Run Launcher and then run Thirdage.exe from the shortcut.
    3, To get rid of M2TW music press Alt-Tab and close the left most icon in your sidebar(has picture of the launcher) Should now get TATW loading.
    I thank you kindly for the advice. Something must be deeply wrong with my computer, though, because I've searched for Thirdage.exe from pretty much every location, and can't find it. O.o

Wow, I never realized how tech-challenged I am.

Oh, okay. I've seen that one several times.

Now... I feel really dumb for having to ask this instead of just understanding it properly based on the simple instructions I've been given, but I'm going to write down what I've been doing so someone can point to whichever step is confounding me and say, "Well there's your problem, you dummy! Not that way; do it like this!" and save me from myself.

1. I install 3.0 to the following location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War
    2. I copy the contents of the Third_Age folder into what used to be the Americas folder and 3.0 will play correctly. Except for the launcher apparently not closing when it's told to. I've tried the proposed workaround, but I keep getting an error: something about not being able to find Kingdoms.exe (even when Thirdage.bat is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War which is the same folder as kingdoms.exe
    Now, step 3 is the part that confuses me. To which of the following paths should I install 3.2?
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\americas
    Something else?

When I install to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War the patch does not seem to activate, because versioninfo still says 3.0, and none of the changes described in the changelog appear to be in effect. Also, is there another step involved after this, such as copy-pasting files to another location?

I'm sorry for being obnoxious and stupid in not understanding this. Usually, I don't have this much trouble installing mods. Thank you all for being helpful.

Default Re: Questions regarding the 3.2 changes

Quote Originally Posted by Moneybags14 View Post
    Since you know your way around these things as you say you have modded them to your favor. Why don't you download the patch and check out the files yourself? It isn't that hard just put the patch into a different folder and compare you files to the new ones.

*I'm aware that this could take awhile if you want to look for every single change but you could see the major changes easily such as kings purse and etc.
    I'm guessing you're answering me...

I don't really "know my way", I read a short guide on the settlements file and changed a few values. I don't know which is for morale, I don't know what is the vanilla one (can't find the vanilla files). And how can I look at the files without installing the mod? If I knew this stuff I wouldn't be asking here.

I asked because I thought there was someone who knew the answers to these questions without having to spend hours pouring through half comprehensible game files - it takes just a minute or two to answer if you know it.

For the moderator: Merging the post here makes it drown in random comments - this "one thread to rule them all" seems a very ineffective way to handle such questions since they can be very different in nature, and most people don't bother to go through and read every single post, it is much easier to go through a forum and read thread topics.

It would be great if this stuff was in the changelog btw.

For example, technical issues, praise and critique, has little in common with my thread, as well as several others here. Does it really take up that much server space to have a few extra threads flying about?

You know, honestly, if I took the time to look around instead of checking 1 or 2 things and then asking stupid questions, I'd have saved you all from having to read my last several posts.

I have now found, read, and followed the installation instructions, and the game is working as it should be. My apologies for wasting the collective time of my fellow users.

PS: Don't I feel like a smacked ?

Quote Originally Posted by FriendoftheDork View Post
    Hello, recently noticed the patch update and read the changelog. This made more questions for me than answered them I'm afraid:

1. How has morale been changed? Higher? Lower? Specific units?

2. How has growth been changed? Respect adds more? Trade? Base farming level?

3. How is it changed financially? Especially general changes (reducing corruption, increasing farm income etc).

4. How are units changed, especially pricing, and what is done with the bodyguards?

The reason why I want to know is because I have already changed files myself to address some of these issues, and want to know how close to mine the changes are. I'm currently playing a campaign testing my own changes, so I don't want to install the new patch just yet, unless those changes are very satisfactory.
    Ok I have downloaded and checking the contents of the patch now (I thought it would mess up my installation, but it didn't). The question about morale I found the answer to:

1. Most low-tier units has had their morale (stat mental) reduced by one. This include Gondor militia, Snagas etc and militia archers. Didn't find any changes for elite or medium units. (Gondor infantry, swan knights etc.)

2. I can find no changes in the Settlements file at ALL. I don't know why this file is included in the patch, maybe just to make it compatible with 3.1 (3.0 to 3.1 changes)? Chivalry still sucks (capped at 0.5% growth), health still has 0% growth etc. Corruption has the same value, wages, trade, farming etc. If growth has been changed I guess it is the individual settlement farming levels.

3. No change as far as I can see.

4. Bodyguards costs the same in wages and upkeep AFAIK.

Since I approve of the changes in part 1, and of course the adding of more custom battle maps, this patch is a getter. If any could verify or explain anything else here I would appreciate it.

- Eriador owns the Shire from the start, loses the Weathertop
    Not only does Eriador own the Shire from the start, but it's Generals that start off in the Shire have Hobbit bodyguards! Nice!

Wow, great list of changes! I don't know how you guys do it, but it's like you can read my mind!
    Tegyvuoja Lietuva!

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you..."

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Really as great as ever KK!
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Aldor's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by brasswire View Post
    Not only does Eriador own the Shire from the start, but it's Generals that start off in the Shire have Hobbit bodyguards! Nice!
    Now at least we can send those to their doom.

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by brasswire View Post
    Sweeeeeeeet!

Might bring forward my Third Age playtime and fire up an Eriador campaign later. My Hobbit army will take over Middle Earth.

As it isn't save game compatible will my save of 3.1 still work with this patch installed (but not have the changes) or will it just cease to function?