Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Patch 3.2 Released (re-uploaded)

Default Re: Patch 3.2 Released (re-uploaded)

getting really annoyed now, when ever i click on erebor on custom battle the game just shuts down and when i click start campaign after choosing who i want to be it goes straight back to the main menu, any help please?

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Some files for Erebor were missing from the initial release of 3.2. Have you downloaded the version that was uploaded the second time?

Quote Originally Posted by StealthFox View Post
    Some files for Erebor were missing from the initial release of 3.2. Have you downloaded the version that was uploaded the second time?
    yes, it is the one on this thread right?

but not only that the campaign goes back to the main menu when i try to start it

Double Check to make sure you have the new one. (See below. The new one is a little larger than the older one) If there is any doubt redownload it. If you're still experiencing problems with Erebor post the details along with a copy of your save game in the Official 3.2 Bug Report Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Yes, the MOddb link is the new 3.2. Im not sure if the file on gamefront is the new 3.2;
    One way to know is the size:
    new 3.2 222.998kb
    old 3.2 222.985kb

Quote Originally Posted by Bobz View Post
    Sweeeeeeeet!

Might bring forward my Third Age playtime and fire up an Eriador campaign later. My Hobbit army will take over Middle Earth.
    Note that you can't recruit hobbits there in the initial stage. Maybe after the barracks event, I don't know.

I didn't notice the general was a hobbit until after I sieged a town and got decimated because I had no cavalry... Hobbits are SLOW!

I gave them autonomy and that meant not being able to recruit or build there at all. So far all I got is a tribute of unknown amount and a free instant dirt road in Amon Sul. Unfortunately they did not rush build the paved roads too. I'm seriously considering taking back the Shire and teaching those little lazy buggers that they belong to the KING... well as soon as he returns. In the meantime, Gandalf is helping Annuminas grow, Aragorn Bree, and the rest are out taking settlements. Those rebel stacks here and there are really dangerous as I might lack a good army to deal with them.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthFox View Post
    Double Check to make sure you have the new one. (See below. The new one is a little larger than the older one) If there is any doubt redownload it. If you're still experiencing problems with Erebor post the details along with a copy of your save game in the Official 3.2 Bug Report Thread.
    could you post a link for this please so i am 100% certain it is the new one, thanks

The one in the first post is the correct one. Here is the link:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/third-age-...-war-32-patch1

yh thats the one that i have and still dosent work

Quote Originally Posted by miniwally View Post
    As it isn't save game compatible will my save of 3.1 still work with this patch installed (but not have the changes) or will it just cease to function?
    Seems to have been skipped over due to the page change , anyone know if it'll still let my old saves work?

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Seems to have been skipped over due to the page change , anyone know if it'll still let my old saves work?
    Why don't you just try it? I would guess that the game would still work, but you would not gain most of the benefits of the new version. Why not just finish your current campaign in the version you have and then start a new campaign with v3.2?
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post
    Why don't you just try it?

My brain figured I'd have to reinstall all of my M2TW if it didn't work (which was a pain) but now I realise it'd just be TATW , rather foolish of me.

I don't know 100%, but I think your old saves will load, but campaign specific changes will not work (I.E unit stats should, new settlements won't). I'd expect crashes to occur at the new settlements.

If you are long into the campaign, try to finish it before installing the new patch. The changes are good, but not strictly necessary.

Oh, and you COULD make a save game backup, try the patch, if it doesn't work reinstall 3.1 and load the old save file again.

My brain figured I'd have to reinstall all of my M2TW if it didn't work (which was a pain) but now I realise it'd just be TATW , rather foolish of me.
    I understand. I have 3 versions of TATW installed on my system and sometimes I launch the wrong one and wonder what is wrong.

Lemunz's Avatar Libertus

alright im not sure if i got it on my third age now.. when i load up it still shows 3.1 loading screen so is there a way of finding out if it successfully installed into the folder? im pretty sure i got everything correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemunz View Post
    alright im not sure if i got it on my third age now.. when i load up it still shows 3.1 loading screen so is there a way of finding out if it successfully installed into the folder? im pretty sure i got everything correct.
    Yes, v3.2 has a brand new loading screen (very impressive) and it clearly states Third Age 3.2 on it. I'd post a screen shot for you, but don't have a clean v3.2 on my laptop, which I am using at the moment.

Lemunz's Avatar Libertus

alright then when im installing the patch which directory do i dl it into because ive put it into the steamapps med2tw folder and it doesnt seem to be able to update it(still shows 3.1).

aahhhh! i just want to play a campaign but it wont work! can someone please help

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Crispicus View Post
    aahhhh! i just want to play a campaign but it wont work! can someone please help
    Try a complete uninstall/reinstall. Can often work, perhaps some files have not installed correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobz View Post
    Try a complete uninstall/reinstall. Can often work, perhaps some files have not installed correctly.
    do you mean m2tw and third age 3.0?